Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Wow! My 5 year old son surprised the heck out of me tonight. Very proud of him! He ran an entire mile w/out stopping! All his idea. Just beyond proud of the little guy!

Mini Bannister. No, better yet! Mini Prefontaine! That's pretty awesome at 5.

Did anyone have clear enough skies to get a look at the aurora borealis tonight?

aw man, nope! But it's one of my lifelong dreams to see them. Seriously, some day I'll be tottering along, losing my mind, poised to kick the bucket, but I won't go until I see the northern lights. Or the aurora australis, I'm not picky... 

Did anyone have clear enough skies to get a look at the aurora borealis tonight?

Damn, I should have thought of that. With the crazy t-storm that rolled through, have the town didn't have power (and many still don't) so it would have been nice and dark.

My company had a work outing at a AAA baseball game here in Durham today.  I showed up a little late, during the 3rd inning.  I was walking across a walkway beyond the left field wall right as a home run just happened to be coming my way.  This was my first time at this stadium and I currently have my first ever home run ball sitting in my car.

My company had a work outing at a AAA baseball game here in Durham today.  I showed up a little late, during the 3rd inning.  I was walking across a walkway beyond the left field wall right as a home run just happened to be coming my way.  This was my first time at this stadium and I currently have my first ever home run ball sitting in my car.

Awesome. Did you catch it clean?

Awesome. Did you catch it clean?

I think it's a funny story but not all that exciting.  The area I was walking through was just a concrete walkway with no seats, with a restaurant right behind it.  The ball cleared all of that and hit a steal roof protecting the people there.  It shot off the roof straight at me and I cleanly fielded a one hopper off of the concrete.  It did have a good amount of speed still, but nothing impressive.  The usher who saw it thought it was hilariously great timing.  So yeah, not the most exciting story, but what makes it is that I had been in the stadium for no more than 45 seconds when it happened.

I think it's a funny story but not all that exciting.  The area I was walking through was just a concrete walkway with no seats, with a restaurant right behind it.  The ball cleared all of that and hit a steal roof protecting the people there.  It shot off the roof straight at me and I cleanly fielded a one hopper off of the concrete.  It did have a good amount of speed still, but nothing impressive.  The usher who saw it thought it was hilariously great timing.  So yeah, not the most exciting story, but what makes it is that I had been in the stadium for no more than 45 seconds when it happened.

Please tell me the reason you where late is because you cut out of work a little early and stopped at one of your favorite brew pubs. After finishing your second beer thinking you might not even go to the game to hang with co-workers, but thought all heck it's a beautiful day so why not?

Nice, IIRC correctly that restaurant patio has some those micro nozzled misters all around it to keep you cool on these insanely hot days.  The Bulls did a great job with that ballpark, and I haven't been since they did the renovations before last season.  That must have been a moon shot of a home run to hit that roof on the fly

Please tell me the reason you where late is because you cut out of work a little early and stopped at one of your favorite brew pubs. After finishing your second beer thinking you might not even go to the game to hang with co-workers, but thought all heck it's a beautiful day so why not?

It was a work outing for the whole department, one of those chances to unwind and be rewarded a bit.

Nice, IIRC correctly that restaurant patio has some those micro nozzled misters all around it to keep you cool on these insanely hot days.  The Bulls did a great job with that ballpark, and I haven't been since they did the renovations before last season.  That must have been a moon shot of a home run to hit that roof on the fly

Yeah, the misters are great.  They needed them everywhere today though.  And the homer was definitely a blast.  I never did see the distance marker on the wall, but even if it was green monster height I think it would have cleared it.

It was a work outing for the whole department, one of those chances to unwind and be rewarded a bit.

Yeah, the misters are great.  They needed them everywhere today though.  And the homer was definitely a blast.  I never did see the distance marker on the wall, but even if it was green monster height I think it would have cleared it.

Sorry, I thought it was an after work we'll see you there right? thing. Getting paid to watch base ball is a good day!

Edited by Woods-Racer

Logo dude. The source of most of my thursday whining. It's finally... done. Well, close to it, anyhow, I'm sure I just jinxed it. I'm still getting paid way below what it should be and it was an awful experience, but... I learned a lot. And the client IS incredibly happy with the result.

Am I? Well, if I can ever break my 1000 yard stare into the computer, I'll let you know. Was the project itself a bad one? No. But oh man. I'm taking the rest of the week/weekend off from freelance and just drinking. Bring on the draft, bring on sweet sweet sunshine... maybe even.. a social life? Without guilt?!?!?! Just kidding, that's my secret, I'm always feeling guilt about something. 

...and then it's designing a logo for a fighter pilot friend's flight bag. Which will be the coolest damn thing I've ever done/will ever do. And that's awesome. 

Cute girl at frisbee. I saw her, then talked to her. that's it

Come on bro. You gotta step your game up. Stalk around her like a lion hunting a gazelle. Shout things at her like "Hey sweet thing" and "I'd like a bite of that" in order to build up her self esteem. They love it! And for the deal closer, you gotta go for physical assault. That's how you introduce yourself to a woman. Talking to her? That's some new age "respect" baloney right there.

Come on bro. You gotta step your game up. Stalk around her like a lion hunting a gazelle. Shout things at her like "Hey sweet thing" and "I'd like a bite of that" in order to build up her self esteem. They love it! And for the deal closer, you gotta go for physical assault. That's how you introduce yourself to a woman. Talking to her? That's some new age "respect" baloney right there.

Good call on the physical assault.  I'll make sure to blow her up in the endzone next time.

Demonstrate value

Engage physically

Nurture dependence

Neglect emotionally

Inspire hope

Separate entirely

Demonstrate value

Engage physically

Nurture dependence

Neglect emotionally

Inspire hope

Separate entirely

By the sound of it I think he's got himself a waitress situation going on. Qwk is secretly the DayMan, fighter of the Nightman Edited by WildCard

By the sound of it I think he's got himself a waitress situation going on. Qwk is secretly the DayMan, fighter of the Nightman

I just want to know which poster is the one lurking third in line, waiting to "accidentally" drop a magnum condom out of his wallet.