Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

One day of warmish (40 is downright hot) weather and my students became a different class.

I left class Monday night sad- I just couldn't seem to get through to them or elicit any sort of enthusiastic response. They're all depressed and stressed and give less than a flying feck about art. No connection whatsoever.

Yesterday though... everyone had done their assignments (even the girl I had complained about last Thursday! It's a miracle!!!!), everyone was upbeat, and ideas and jokes were flying around the room and it was WONDERFUL. 

4 of my students from last class came to visit me, too. One of them had a horrible fall semester- sickness and deaths in the family. She looked so much healthier and happier and said her life is going so much better. I about cried I was so happy to hear it. 

Problem student also was in an intro to illustration for high schoolers class I taught a couple years ago. She said that I made her want to become an illustrator. I don't remember her in that class, but it might explain why she's acted so strange with me. The rest of my kids know me from my reputation in an art themed dorm I used to live in. Apparently I'm seen as some kind of legend there for starting traditions/inspiring people. Funny, I never felt that appreciated when I was there...

Spring is coming...

One day of warmish (40 is downright hot) weather and my students became a different class.

I left class Monday night sad- I just couldn't seem to get through to them or elicit any sort of enthusiastic response. They're all depressed and stressed and give less than a flying feck about art. No connection whatsoever.

Yesterday though... everyone had done their assignments (even the girl I had complained about last Thursday! It's a miracle!!!!), everyone was upbeat, and ideas and jokes were flying around the room and it was WONDERFUL. 

4 of my students from last class came to visit me, too. One of them had a horrible fall semester- sickness and deaths in the family. She looked so much healthier and happier and said her life is going so much better. I about cried I was so happy to hear it. 

Problem student also was in an intro to illustration for high schoolers class I taught a couple years ago. She said that I made her want to become an illustrator. I don't remember her in that class, but it might explain why she's acted so strange with me. The rest of my kids know me from my reputation in an art themed dorm I used to live in. Apparently I'm seen as some kind of legend there for starting traditions/inspiring people. Funny, I never felt that appreciated when I was there...

Spring is coming...

:thumbsup:

Spring is coming...

I like everything here.

Driving down and I hope to be in Va late Fri. pm buying cheap gas and have the temp be above 35 deg.

Good Luck, have fun and be warm.

You too, I'm not sure how far west the snow spreads, but it's ugly here near Philly.

Driving down and I hope to be in Va late Fri. pm buying cheap gas and have the temp be above 35 deg.

Good Luck, have fun and be warm.

Hmmmm... Ill be in Carolina tomorrow night, SW Florida Saturday. Driving as well. Can't wait to warm my bones.

Judge ###### Judy makes $47 MILLION a year... That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. That's more than the Supreme Court Justice makes.

A Supreme Court justice?!  That may be more than what the entire federal judiciary makes.

That gave me a chuckle.

But I hafta think the entire Article III bench (excluding the magistrates and BK judges) would aggregate into 9 figures, right? How many of them are there? More than 750, I would guess.

In other news, this Ronda Rousey lady is a bad ass.

rousey-zingano-tapout.gif?w=650

That gave me a chuckle.

But I hafta think the entire Article III bench (excluding the magistrates and BK judges) would aggregate into 9 figures, right? How many of them are there? More than 750, I would guess.

I think there's around 800-850 federal judges and they make somewhere around $200k annually, so quick napkin math puts that at about 4x what Judge Judy makes. That in no way, shape, or form, makes me feel any better about her salary :lol: