Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I ran a half-marathon on Sunday in upstate NY. It was a fantastic fall day -- cool, sunny, blue sky, fresh and picturesque. I chilled out on the coach all afternoon, then went out for Mexican food, then went to a haunted house put on by the local high school as a fundraiser. They do a great job with it. Then had Monday off.

It was an awesome weekend.

Eating wings lowers bone density and reduces tendon strength.

Everyone knows that.

I ran a half-marathon on Sunday in upstate NY. It was a fantastic fall day -- cool, sunny, blue sky, fresh and picturesque. I chilled out on the coach all afternoon, then went out for Mexican food, then went to a haunted house put on by the local high school as a fundraiser. They do a great job with it. Then had Monday off.

Real upstate NY or New York City's version of upstate NY?

How is Chuck Dickerson these days?

The Canes did a lame video board thing yesterday with a Sabres "fan" wearing a Spacek slug jersey.

I like the message to the kids in that one that it is ok to beat up an opposing fan. Boston aired a lot of stuff like that in recent years too and their fans actually follow through on it.

I like the message to the kids in that one that it is ok to beat up an opposing fan. Boston aired a lot of stuff like that in recent years too and their fans actually follow through on it.

In Philly, they just show real footage of beating up opposing fans.

The other part of that video sees the Spacek jersey wearing Sabres fan getting chased by the Canes mascot into the bowels of PNC, presumably gets roughed up some more, only to re-emerge as a Canes fan wearing a Canes sweater. This is a message that they need to be sending to the kids..that it's perfectly ok to be a team swapping ######. :)

The video scoreboard stuff in general is just kind of goofy, but still after all these years they only go to these lengths to call out Sabres fans. I've never seen similar stuff done with other teams..maybe they do though, I don't go to as many games as I used to. I guess it's nice to know that we still get under their skin...even in the CHL.

The other part of that video sees the Spacek jersey wearing Sabres fan getting chased by the Canes mascot into the bowels of PNC, presumably gets roughed up some more, only to re-emerge as a Canes fan wearing a Canes sweater. This is a message that they need to be sending to the kids..that it's perfectly ok to be a team swapping ######. :)

The video scoreboard stuff in general is just kind of goofy, but still after all these years they only go to these lengths to call out Sabres fans. I've never seen similar stuff done with other teams..maybe they do though, I don't go to as many games as I used to. I guess it's nice to know that we still get under their skin...even in the CHL.

Guy in Dallas running the vid board is doing a pretty good job of it .

UoNZZUn.jpg

cefa63acb9d7bb40ed1394595bd7df5f_crop_north.jpg?w=759&h=506&q=75

BetfI13CMAAhN1E.jpg-large.jpeg

My brother pointed out a good one about one of those video montages of inspirational movie scenes. There was a specific montage they showed where every single character they used died at the end of the movie.

Guy in Dallas running the vid board is doing a pretty good job of it .

UoNZZUn.jpg

cefa63acb9d7bb40ed1394595bd7df5f_crop_north.jpg?w=759&h=506&q=75

BetfI13CMAAhN1E.jpg-large.jpeg

Yeah..that stuff goes on and like I said is just goofy and all in good fun, I'm sure it's done all over the league. But the Canes for years would openly disparage the city of Buffalo and Sabres fans constantly on the scoreboard during the games, while at the same time handing out rules of fan behavior cards and having Luke DeCock write about how fans have to fear for their well being if going to a Buffalo game at PNC. Seemed a bit hypocritical to me. The stuff last night was more towards the goofy side and they seem to have toned down the outright antagonizing stuff lately. One thing remains certain though the Sabres are still a top two or three hated team in these parts.

^Awesome. Nice to kick off the weekend with a little Rage.

I should have included something mentioning it s a parody. I thought it would get more response than this.

The Sock Puppet parodies of Slayer and Static X are fantastic too.

I should have included something mentioning it s a parody. I thought it would get more response than this.

The Sock Puppet parodies of Slayer and Static X are fantastic too.

Patience, grasshopper... it's only been 3 hours on a Sat. morning! ;)

Took Cody (my 7 week old) to Powers Farm Market today for Pumpkins. While he obviously doesn't have much of a clue as to what is going on, my level of excitement was off the charts. Some generous folks offered to take pics of the 3 if us. It was a good family moment. It was also nice to just get out if the house. In case you haven't heard, babies are a lot of hard work.

I know people being lazy enough to use handicapped doors came up a few weeks ago in the complaint thread, and anyone who is annoyed by that will enjoy this. Yesterday as I'm walking to my classroom, some student is leaving the building. Well, the automatic door (the type you have to hit the handicap button to open) is in the process of closing. Rather than just pushing the door, she hits the button and keeps walking. Well, the door doesn't instantly stop and reverse course, and it ends up closing on her. So there she is, stick half in and half out of the building, and the engages in what appeared to be a monumental struggle to slide out (yes, she was still too lazy to open the door). It was hilarious. I don't know why the door didn't open on its own...my best guess is she didn't hit the button hard enough.