Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

he does realize that there are about 30-40 members of this board that know more about hockey than he does? O well viva la Sabrespace!

It was already pointed out that he was not talking about SS.

Do I need to post the video again? :P

There's this thing called the Awesome thread. It's the same exact thing.

I view the awesome thread like I view the chive, goofy awesome stuff you see or find. The Friday Thad is more like great life news for you.

It was already pointed out that he was not talking about SS.

Do I need to post the video again? :P

No I just saw, my bad.

Looking through this thread has gotten me pumped for a few things coming soon; namely Godzilla and the Cosmos with Tyson.

Godzilla: Stoked they don't have a giant lizard shitting eggs all over NYC this time around. I don't care if it was Beuhler's day off, you don't get to go around ruining my childhood in your spare-time. This time around though, they have A) The original Godzilla look AND roar B) Godzilla is, supposedly, not the bad guy in the film but rather is as always was in the originals, the good guy fighting other monsters. I've read a few reports that claim the movie will consist of at least 2-3 other Godzilla enemies who he will engage in awesome Japanese-Monster mashes with.

Cosmos: I've been itching for this for awhile. They couldn't have picked a better host than Tyson for this. To be brief, if anyone is interested in this kind of stuff, I highly, highly recommend the following videos. Two are pretty thought provoking (especially Tyson's) and the other one is just inspirational.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnURElCzGc0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJdLRoB9hKk

And here's the Tyson one. I'd love to hear some thoughts on this from this board :thumbsup:

I reccomend the entire video, but if you want the gist of it then start at the 8:00 minute mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeJoVeKSsyA

Edited by WildCard

Looking through this thread has gotten me pumped for a few things coming soon; namely Godzilla and the Cosmos with Tyson.

Godzilla: Stoked they don't have a giant lizard shitting eggs all over NYC this time around. I don't care if it was Beuhler's day off, you don't get to go around ruining my childhood in your spare-time. This time around though, they have A) The original Godzilla look AND roar B) Godzilla is, supposedly, not the bad guy in the film but rather is as always was in the originals, the good guy fighting other monsters. I've read a few reports that claim the movie will consist of at least 2-3 other Godzilla enemies who he will engage in awesome Japanese-Monster mashes with.

Cosmos: I've been itching for this for awhile. They couldn't have picked a better host than Tyson for this. To be brief, if anyone is interested in this kind of stuff, I highly, highly recommend the following videos. Two are pretty thought provoking (especially Tyson's) and the other one is just inspirational.

And here's the Tyson one. I'd love to hear some thoughts on this from this board :thumbsup:

I reccomend the entire video, but if you want the gist of it then start at the 8:00 minute mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeJoVeKSsyA

Watching the Tyson version now. I'm greatly enjoying it. It's beautiful. The animations will help capture the attention of kids in case they weren't already riveted by the gorgeous renderings of storms on Mars and Jupiter. I was skeptical about the animations/Seth MacFarlane's involvement but... it's good. I've been a fan of Tyson's Nova series- just the right mix of goofy and informational.

In case anyone is confused where to catch it- watch it on Hulu for free!

I'll post this here as I'm not really sure what the best place would be.

I've got something here that is potentially awesome. I've sent out a couple resumes over the past month just as a fallback. I'm not actively looking to move but if the right option presents itself I would act. Well anyway, I got a response today from one I had pretty much forgotten about. It is with the same hospital that I was with for 6 years prior to my current job. They want to talk to me and the lead guy there noticed that I live not too far from him and he's suggesting we meet face to face locally. So it sounds like your basic phone interview, except in person. He also says we could just do a phone call.

So here is my question. The face to face must be a better option than the phone call, right? It can't be an all out formal interview since it isn't in their office. So if I do opt for the in person, how fancy should I get, shirt and tie? A suit seems a bit overboard for a meeting at a local coffee spot or something along those lines.

I'll post this here as I'm not really sure what the best place would be.

I've got something here that is potentially awesome. I've sent out a couple resumes over the past month just as a fallback. I'm not actively looking to move but if the right option presents itself I would act. Well anyway, I got a response today from one I had pretty much forgotten about. It is with the same hospital that I was with for 6 years prior to my current job. They want to talk to me and the lead guy there noticed that I live not too far from him and he's suggesting we meet face to face locally. So it sounds like your basic phone interview, except in person. He also says we could just do a phone call.

So here is my question. The face to face must be a better option than the phone call, right? It can't be an all out formal interview since it isn't in their office. So if I do opt for the in person, how fancy should I get, shirt and tie? A suit seems a bit overboard for a meeting at a local coffee spot or something along those lines.

face-to-face is definitely better. Since it isn't an official interview at their office, I'd go business casual. khaki's and button down. no need for the tie in my opinion.

either way, best of luck.