Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

GF scoring four tix to Bela Fleck with BPO on Saturday for us, my college roommate (and closest friend), and his wife. She's never met them, and this is going to be a fun, fun night. I picture everyone in formal dress, eating a fine meal at a four-star restaurant, having a whisky during intermission, and retiring to a bar for cordials.

In reality: Burgers, beer and whisky, concert, my house for more whisky and some sort of board game battle or immature daring contests. And that will be better.

Bela Fleck, wow! I'm jealous.

Got some piano jamming in tonight and it feels really good to finally be better than I was when I was eight. I lost so much by not playing for seven years.

post-1429-0-27789200-1363178344_thumb.jpg

Did nobody every really walk up to the blueprints from the side and say, "Um, ya know, guys,… maybe we should, um…"

lmao. Reminds me of that HIMYM episode where the guy designs a similar building that is pick

anyways I thought this was pretty awesome of the Coyotes, the player of the game championship belt

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/phoenix-coyotes-championship-wrestling-belt-spectacular-quite-shiny-121537168--nhl.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"Polish firefighters rescue deer stuck on ice"

That headline had SO much potential....

Hope it was happy. Little guy never walked.

Oh, it's happy alright. Poor guy would have expired for sure in that ice.

A bf that is taking me out for a fancy anniversary dinner after the Sabres game on Saturday followed by a lovely overnight stay at a classy downtown hotel. Who knew he was this good? I wonder what else he's got up his sleeve.

Sounds like a keeper. Congrats.

Does he have a brother?

=====

Rush has just said that they are adding a second show at the Metro Centre. This is the first time they have played in Halifax in over 20 years. Can't wait.

Been away from here for a while. Had two interviews with a local company here near Ithaca, and got an offer from them yesterday. It's not Buffalo, but it's a good enough offer to say, "hey, maybe CNY isn't so bad" :D

I take it that you are accepting the offer .......... ;)

Way to go!!

Been away from here for a while. Had two interviews with a local company here near Ithaca, and got an offer from them yesterday. It's not Buffalo, but it's a good enough offer to say, "hey, maybe CNY isn't so bad" :D

congrats!

Rush has just said that they are adding a second show at the Metro Centre. This is the first time they have played in Halifax in over 20 years. Can't wait.

I saw that on my twitter feed the other day. Rush are playing a few gigs that they haven't done for years in 2013, they haven't done a rock festival since the 70's, but they are playing one in Sweeden this year.

Congrats. If you're going to settle in/around Ithaca, I have a strong recommendation to make for a local Sabres bar.

Congrats. If you're going to settle in/around Ithaca, I have a strong recommendation to make for a local Sabres bar.

congrats!

I take it that you are accepting the offer .......... ;)

Way to go!!

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm going to accept. Gotta go in this afternoon to sign the papers. I read through everything yesterday that they sent in regards to the offer, and frankly, it's too good to pass up. The most important thing is that I'm getting back into mechanical engineering and away from sales engineering.

Aud, which bar? I've been living in Dryden for a while, but haven't ventured into Ithaca to watch games. Typically I get together with a few people at my house or theirs.

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm going to accept. Gotta go in this afternoon to sign the papers. I read through everything yesterday that they sent in regards to the offer, and frankly, it's too good to pass up. The most important thing is that I'm getting back into mechanical engineering and away from sales engineering.

Aud, which bar? I've been living in Dryden for a while, but haven't ventured into Ithaca to watch games. Typically I get together with a few people at my house or theirs.

Congrats!

Separately: this item from the WSJ yesterday caught my eye: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323826704578353710011020122.html?KEYWORDS=paek+se+bong

The U.S. Treasury Department said it had put sanctions on North Korea's primary foreign-exchange bank in response to Pyongyang's nuclear test last month. The department also sanctioned Paek Se Bong, chairman of North Korea's Second Economic Committee and a senior member of government.

Those NK nut-cases may be ready to start sending up mushroom clouds, but in a dangerous and scary world, when all else fails, we can always...

White smoke. Hopefully this belongs here and not in tomorrow's thread. We'll see.

As long as his name isn't Peter.....

All this smoke.

How much you wanna bet it's an old croney from the old croney club. But he gets to wear a new little hat, or a new bigger hat.

Where is our friend Crosschecking, or whatever he calls himself these days? I'd bet he would having something to say about this.

False alarm. The Cardinal from Jamaica was just blazing one.

This is, indeed, awesome.

Maybe they were taking a break and had "Up in Smoke" playing on the wide screen and got all caught up in the moment?