Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

They are excellent, the best in WNY by a mile IMO. Big, cooked to perfection and not overly sauced unless requested. The hand carved beef on weck is great as well. If you are anywhere in WNY, it's well worth the trip out to East Aurora to give them a try sometime.

I really miss pizza and wings from back east.IMO they do not know how to make either here in Illinois.

This guy picks up an injured bald eagle on the side of the road and drives it to a wildlife rescue. It was a cool thing to do, but I also can imagine a scene out of Tommy Boy coming out of this.

link with pic of bald eagle car passenger.

http://www.wral.com/...eagle/12112602/

The scene you're referencing even uses the word awesome. This is in fact, awesome.

...Sorry about your car, man.

Edited by shrader

i spent a couple of weeks in southern alaska back in the day -- juneau and such (junior alaska or british columbia major, depending on how you look at it) -- and was initially horrified and later amused to learn that the locals regard bald eagles in much the same way that city-dwellers in the lower 48 regard pigeons.

EDIT: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2008-09-22/news/0809210243_1_bald-eagles-national-bird-bad-moral-character

Edited by That Aud Smell

I really miss pizza and wings from back east.IMO they do not know how to make either here in Illinois.

Same here. Found a couple decent pizza places in Cleveland but wing places are tough to come by.

So the Nestle guy is just out there taking a crowbar to the knee caps of any store owner who stocks them? I've never seen a full size Mr. Goodbar either (joke away Drane and Inky), but that's no real loss.

http://groovycandies...goodbar&x=0&y=0

Edited by Bmwolf21

Well since the Friday thread was never unlocked, this goes here:

1) After a rough couple of weeks, my grandfather is finally improving to the point that he should be able to go back home next week. Fingers crossed.

2) Although I had to watch it from work (see Thursday thread), due to the awesomeness that is NHL Gamecenter Live, I was able to watch tonight's game and see a rare Sabres victory!

Well since the Friday thread was never unlocked, this goes here:

1) After a rough couple of weeks, my grandfather is finally improving to the point that he should be able to go back home next week. Fingers crossed.

2) Although I had to watch it from work (see Thursday thread), due to the awesomeness that is NHL Gamecenter Live, I was able to watch tonight's game and see a rare Sabres victory!

Good and good!