Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

:lol: that's awesome swamp.

Got a nice paycheck today from all of the OT I've been working. Picked the car up from one shop yesterday with all the necessary repairs done, dropped it off at Snyder upholstery tonight for the luxury repair: new seat foam for the drivers seat. Merry Christmas to me! :D

Edited by d4rksabre

This is why the day I traded in my '98 Concorde for a car-seat carrying cross-over SUV is in my top 10 sad days.

Are you sure you wanted to post that in the Awesome thread?

Did you make that trade the day after the engagement was announced, or were you fortunate enough to be forced into that trade the day after the wedding?

EDIT FOR CLARITY:

By forced, I don't mean by your wife directly, but by the situation ... ;) .

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Are you sure you wanted to post that in the Awesome thread?

Did you make that trade the day after the engagement was announced, or were you fortunate enough to be forced into that trade the day after the wedding?

I just bought a Subaru Outback (used) for future-wifey. I may have made a mistake though, she drove my WRX for a few days while I was getting the paperwork sorted out and she liked it too much.

I just bought a Subaru Outback (used) for future-wifey. I may have made a mistake though, she drove my WRX for a few days while I was getting the paperwork sorted out and she liked it too much.

Let's be honest; you'd have questioned your future with her if she hadn't enjoyed it.

amiright?! :lol:

Rush gets inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

http://www.rush.com/...l-hall-of-fame/

**flips bird**

notice how alex says that it's important "for our fans." love it.

"For our fans, it's very, very important, and we feel great for them," he said. "We're at the next stage and we'll see if we're actually inducted. If so, we'll support it in every way we can for our fans."

Edited by Chris_in_UT

notice how alex says that it's important "for our fans." love it.

"For our fans, it's very, very important, and we feel great for them," he said. "We're at the next stage and we'll see if we're actually inducted. If so, we'll support it in every way we can for our fans."

yeah, they were probably thinking about the fans when they sold out and let their music be used in a recent VW ad on tv as well

Interview with Geddy about induction.

http://www.rollingst...miling-20121211

I guess that I can't argue with Geddy here. They should go and enjoy the moment.

You're definitely going to the ceremony, right?

Oh yeah, we're gonna be there. I'm not saying I'm not proud to be inducted, because that would be wrong. I think it's a terrific honor and we'll show up smiling.

I'm sure some small percentage of your fan base will say, "They should protest the whole thing by staying home."

I never got too hot and bothered about the subject, and I don't think that's a very gracious way to respond to an honor.

Axl Rose stayed home last year, and the Sex Pistols refused to come, too.

We're nice Canadian boys. We wouldn't do that.

Edited by Claude_Verret

yeah, they were probably thinking about the fans when they sold out and let their music be used in a recent VW ad on tv as well

really? that's your only response? "sell outs"? rush?

yah ... they totally sold out letting VW use FBN as a song for a driver who's steering-wheel-drumming. totally.

"sold out." wow.