Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Hahaha you wrecked your kid in darts :lol:

Sometimes you gotta show them who's boss

He gives me a good game at pool, though. He can't beat me, but it's closer than darts. Maybe I'll try him out a shuffle board and I can turn him into a pre-teen alcohol from 1975.

I've been learning Spanish via the Duolingo App on my phone. I was listening to a podcast the other day and when someone spoke in Spanish, I understood what he said. (Do you need a drink of water?) Don't get me wrong, my 2.5 year old has a *way* better handle on English than I have on Spanish, but it was a "waitaminute" moment.

NHL.tv plays highlights during commercial breaks in lieu of the actually commercials. For the last four months they have repeated the same 4 or 5 highlights over, and over, and over. Honestly it drives me bonkers.

But over the ASB, they finally updated their highlights. And now Eichel's OT snipe is one of them. RJ's call included. I could get used to seeing that over and over. Awesome.

NHL.tv plays highlights during commercial breaks in lieu of the actually commercials. For the last four months they have repeated the same 4 or 5 highlights over, and over, and over. Honestly it drives me bonkers.

But over the ASB, they finally updated their highlights. And now Eichel's OT snipe is one of them. RJ's call included. I could get used to seeing that over and over. Awesome.

I hadn't noticed this. I'll keep an ear out. I was tired of the old commercials.

My wife agreed at dinner tonight that I could attend the bachelor party weekend in Vegas next month of one of the last of my friends to get married.

I bought my plane ticket before she could change her mind. 

I don't even particularly like Vegas, but this will be a fun trip with a bunch of old friends.

My wife agreed at dinner tonight that I could attend the bachelor party weekend in Vegas next month of one of the last of my friends to get married.

I bought my plane ticket before she could change her mind.

I don't even particularly like Vegas, but this will be a fun trip with a bunch of old friends.

Very nice.

Actually, That's really cool in a lot of ways.

She trusts you, you give her reason to trust you, your friends still look to get a little *wild*.

Hope you enjoy yourself.????

Very nice.

Actually, That's really cool in a lot of ways.

She trusts you, you give her reason to trust you, your friends still look to get a little *wild*.

Hope you enjoy yourself.

You get past a certain age, and you're just not that interested in finding trouble anymore.  Stag weekends turn into golf and nice whisky and steakhouses rather than cheap liquor and strip joints.

nfreeman is *way* past that age.

You get past a certain age, and you're just not that interested in finding trouble anymore.  Stag weekends turn into golf and nice whisky and steakhouses rather than cheap liquor and strip joints.

All true, except that given the expected guest list, there will probably be some nudity involved.  I expect all pants to remain on though.

The entertainment will be primarily hanging out with old friends, plus booze, gambling and good food (I will try to steer the group away from steakhouses, as I enjoy that meal less and less, but will almost certainly lose that battle).  It is also an undeniable treat to take a couple of days off from real life obligations and just have "me" time.

I agree for the most part.

But if you're going to Las Vegas with the boys trouble does not need an invitation, it has a way of finding you, and one needs the will to say no.

I'm not just talking about women/strip clubs.  Too much good booze/ food/cigars and gambling can leave a credit card smoking. I'm no marriage counselor, but I'm willing to bet that more fights have happened over the credit card bill than a one night stand.

If any husband comes home with a very nice new car down payment hit on the card, it's war.

Don't we all know one of *those* guys? And think his wife crazy for letting him go?

Or is it just me?

I agree for the most part.

But if you're going to Las Vegas with the boys trouble does not need an invitation, it has a way of finding you, and one needs the will to say no.

I'm not just talking about women/strip clubs.  Too much good booze/ food/cigars and gambling can leave a credit card smoking. I'm no marriage counselor, but I'm willing to bet that more fights have happened over the credit card bill than a one night stand.

If any husband comes home with a very nice new car down payment hit on the card, it's war.

Don't we all know one of *those* guys? And think his wife crazy for letting him go?

Or is it just me?

As it happens, the bachelor in question likes nice things and has always spent at least 125% of his annual income.

Bill Maher's ending segment on his show last night was awesome. He ripped Kraft, Brady, and Belichick for supporting Trump, being cheaters, and all around crummy individuals in general.

Bill Maher is an annoying little prig, but it sounds like he got that one right.  Actually I think he gets a lot of things right; he's just an annoying little prig.  Like a leftist version of Tucker Carlson.

Bill Maher is an annoying little prig, but it sounds like he got that one right. Actually I think he gets a lot of things right; he's just an annoying little prig. Like a leftist version of Tucker Carlson.

I think he gets more right than wrong,and I thought so even back when I used to vote Republican. I can see how his delivery can rub people the wrong way though. Definitely not for everyone.

I think he gets more right than wrong,and I thought so even back when I used to vote Republican. I can see how his delivery can rub people the wrong way though. Definitely not for everyone.

Not sure if he's as bad as Seth Myers. I don't like Trump but that pencil neck is gonna make a career telling Trump jokes then pausing with that smarmy smile on his face until the audience laughs for the next 4 years. Can not watch that dude. 

Not sure if he's as bad as Seth Myers. I don't like Trump but that pencil neck is gonna make a career telling Trump jokes then pausing with that smarmy smile on his face until the audience laughs for the next 4 years. Can not watch that dude. 

I've only seen bits and pieces of Seth Myers on SNL, never his show, but it sounds like that was a good decision on my part. Conan was always my favorite although I'll probably boycott his show for a week or two so I don't have to listen to him ball washing the Patriots*.

Today I took my first steps since Dec. 14 when I broke the ankle.. I look like an idiot trying to reteach myself to evenly distribute my weight and shift it from foot to foot. But physically it feels good. And mentally it feels great. No more scooter for me!

Today I took my first steps since Dec. 14 when I broke the ankle.. I look like an idiot trying to reteach myself to evenly distribute my weight and shift it from foot to foot. But physically it feels good. And mentally it feels great. No more scooter for me!

Glad to hear it!!! Keep at it, man- you'll be running up and down stairs thinking, "man, this was impossible" before you know it. 

"Okay, it was a bad joke, but LAUGH, DAMN YOU!  LAUGH!"  Yeah, I've never figured out why he's still got that show.