Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Where aboot?

I'm not sure I've met a tougher hombre than my 2 year old. Today I was dumping mulch at the base of some pine trees and i unknowingly disturbed an underground bees nest. My boy got stung 5 times, I think I did once but the adrenaline made me oblivious. I ripped off his shirt as I could see their interest in it. When I got him inside I started counting. He stopped crying before I found the last sting. What a tough little dude.

I want to sign that little dude up for the Ironworkers. We need guys like him.

Where aboot?

I'm not sure I've met a tougher hombre than my 2 year old. Today I was dumping mulch at the base of some pine trees and i unknowingly disturbed an underground bees nest. My boy got stung 5 times, I think I did once but the adrenaline made me oblivious. I ripped off his shirt as I could see their interest in it. When I got him inside I started counting. He stopped crying before I found the last sting. What a tough little dude.

I have to ask. What was on the shirt?

Right around Park Ave. The area is actually really nice and within perfect walking distance of a ton of stuff. Very happy with it :beer:

I work across from Village Gate and wander around down there after work sometimes. We should grab a beer when hockey's back on! It's a fun place to live. I had an upstairs apartment with roof access. I'd just hang out on the roof for hours. I miss it a lot. Enjoy!

Fairport. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Gotcha.. I grew up in Churchville, out a little ways into the country. Living downtown in a huge city now, man does it make me miss the quiet sometimes. Oh, and I definitely miss the driving I knew growing up. Back roads, now there's something that belongs in the awesome thread!

Gotcha.. I grew up in Churchville, out a little ways into the country. Living downtown in a huge city now, man does it make me miss the quiet sometimes. Oh, and I definitely miss the driving I knew growing up. Back roads, now there's something that belongs in the awesome thread!

I love setting off in a random direction and seeing where the hilly back roads spit me out.

I love setting off in a random direction and seeing where the hilly back roads spit me out.

My commute to work is only 3 miles, but there are up to 15 stop lights in that span depending how I go. Plus multiple pedestrian crosswalks since I'm so close to OSU. Two weekends from now will be my first time home since moving down. I just so happen to be buying my dad's car off him that weekend too. I'm gonna have some fun driving around before coming back, that's for sure!

My commute to work is only 3 miles, but there are up to 15 stop lights in that span depending how I go. Plus multiple pedestrian crosswalks since I'm so close to OSU. Two weekends from now will be my first time home since moving down. I just so happen to be buying my dad's car off him that weekend too. I'm gonna have some fun driving around before coming back, that's for sure!

Noice.

Tire shredder and rally car driver Ken Block recently filmed the 9th of his Gymkhana videos in Buffalo. The video dropped today, and it's very cool. Featuring the Central Terminal and what I think is the South Park lift bridge. 

Pretty sick.

Truck from a helicopter?… Sure, Why not?

The name still makes me think of this, though.

No idea why, but for some reason a local news cameraman was at my son's soccer game. We're a strong B-class team & played a very weak A-class team, which is why it doesn't make sense that a newsman was there.

The cool thing is, my son scored his 1st varsity goal & made the broadcast. His grand dad coming in to watch the game was pretty cool too. :beer:

And he set a teammate up twice while the cameraman was still there for what should've been sure goals, but the kid was snakebit. He sent 1 shot while all alone right at the goalie from the 6 & the other hit the crossbar from 3' out. Could've heard his name at least 1 more time & possibly 2 more.

[Edit: & just noticed now that every name mentioned in the broadcast was pronounced correctly. No idea how they pulled that off.]

Edited by Taro T

There is something rather awesome about getting out of work at 7:00am, rushing home to put the kid on the bus at 7:25 (fortunately for me I live exactly 1 mile from my office) because my wife needs to leave early, and then heading to the grocery store to buy beer at 7:30 in a suit and tie. Keeps 'em guessing. I'm on number three...

There is something rather awesome about getting out of work at 7:00am, rushing home to put the kid on the bus at 7:25 (fortunately for me I live exactly 1 mile from my office) because my wife needs to leave early, and then heading to the grocery store to buy beer at 7:30 in a suit and tie. Keeps 'em guessing. I'm on number three...

You just know that the checkout/cashier folks at grocery stores and gas stations have some stories. They are probably immune to it after a while, but they have certainly seen some s###.

Why do I feel like the Sabres would be a better team if their training facility and lockerroom looked like that? Concrete walls and cheap putt-putt carpeting?

Because they are pampered now. Bunch of coddled millennials with their fancy locker room. They should be training in a cabin in the woods in the frozen wilderness like Sylvester Stallone in Rocky IV. That's the way to beat those Russians err Maple Leafs.

Edited by Drunkard