What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

French Press Kona coffee. Half the fun is preparation, and half is enjoying. I have five to seven coffees a day. Most are office machine brewed or Keurig K cups. Fast and furious. Grinding beans, pressing, is all luxury.

Last night I had a glass of Alto Moncayo 2012 Granacha. Cool room temperature, pouring and decanting. Again, it's the preparation.

Simple pleasures.

Lastly, before someone concludes I'm a fancy pants, it's Budweiser and/or Jack Daniels bourbon for me. There are times, though, in a frantic world, when quietly assembling a drink, and noticing every sip when you're finished, brings peace.

Best restaurants - those that recognize and accommodate pace.

*eye twitch*

You're pulling my leg. You've really never had one?

Never. I didn't like tomatoes until recently. In the past, if I was going to eat breakfast, it was going to be eggs and corned beef hash, and why would I eat that for lunch.

I'm on a little weight loss kick now, though, and I'm finding all these foods that are pretty damn good. Who knew I liked pickles? (this is where Archer says,"Phrasing!")

Never. I didn't like tomatoes until recently. In the past, if I was going to eat breakfast, it was going to be eggs and corned beef hash, and why would I eat that for lunch.

I'm on a little weight loss kick now, though, and I'm finding all these foods that are pretty damn good. Who knew I liked pickles? (this is where Archer says,"Phrasing!")

I'm a bit of a pickle lover. And for my money there's no better weight loss meal than sardines on wheat toast with Weber's mustard and some Polish dill Spears.

I know, everyone just vomited in their mouths a little. But those little tinned fish are stupid good for you.

I'm a bit of a pickle lover. And for my money there's no better weight loss meal than sardines on wheat toast with Weber's mustard and some Polish dill Spears.

I know, everyone just vomited in their mouths a little. But those little tinned fish are stupid good for you.

Regular sardines are good, but brisling are awesome. They're good out of the can or in lieu of dressing on a salad, but this recipe rocks.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/sherried-sardine-toast-recipe.html#!

I buy the sardines tinned in mustard, so I skip the Weber's step.  And I use crispbread instead of wheat toast.  But yep, that's a seriously good weight loss meal.

I had my first one ever on Saturday. And by "first one ever," I mean I have never even taken a bite of one before.

Yes. Awesome.

My favorite sandwich when I was 5 was liverwurst, pickles, and Weber's on white bread. 

I would beg my mom to buy liverwurst. Occasionally she would relent. 

I have no idea how I ever acquired a taste for it, but it was probably drunk uncles daring me to try it.   

My favorite sandwich when I was 5 was liverwurst, pickles, and Weber's on white bread. 

I have no idea how I ever acquired a taste for it, but it was probably drunk uncles daring me to try it.   

Nice.

I loved liverwurst as a kid as well.

Nice.

I loved liverwurst as a kid as well.

:thumbsup:

Loooooove liverwurst. I like getting it at the American Hotel in Lima. Liverwurst on rye with mustard and onion. Mmmmmmm. 

Loooooove liverwurst. I like getting it at the American Hotel in Lima. Liverwurst on rye with mustard and onion. Mmmmmmm.

I used to go there with my wife's grandpa for lindberger sandwiches. Never went there at all when I lived in the apartments on Livingston St. My loss(for 5 years). Their soups are good as well. I remember eating liverwurst when I went logging with my grandpa. The sandwich sucked but I was only 12 and he let me run the skid steer and cut logs with the chain saw. He even let me light his pipe. I have fond memories of liverwurst.

I used to go there with my wife's grandpa for lindberger sandwiches. Never went there at all when I lived in the apartments on Livingston St. My loss(for 5 years). Their soups are good as well. I remember eating liverwurst when I went logging with my grandpa. The sandwich sucked but I was only 12 and he let me run the skid steer and cut logs with the chain saw. He even let me light his pipe. I have fond memories of liverwurst.

Liverwursters Unite!!!

3 eggs, sunny side up with toast and orange juice. I haven't had sunny side up eggs since I was a little kid. Fantastic.

My mum called them dippy eggs. She would ladle hot butter from the pan over the eggs to cook them. I never really dipped — I just ate the whites. Great memory.

Regular sardines are good, but brisling are awesome. They're good out of the can or in lieu of dressing on a salad, but this recipe rocks.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/sherried-sardine-toast-recipe.html#!

I'll have to try the brisling sardines.  I haven't been too crazy about the other sardines I've tried in the past.

Lately I've been hooked on the smoked kippers (herring).  I get the Polar brand at Wal-Mart for around $1.25/can.  I just drain them, toss on some hot sauce and that's a cheap lunch.  I probably have it 2-3 times per week.

I used to go there with my wife's grandpa for lindberger sandwiches. 

Holy Moses. I used to marvel at my grandfather and father having this with their football game beers: Cocktail pumpernickel, slice of red onion, and a slice of limburger cheese. Talk about your drink and stink. I'll say this (with apologies to the ladies): That was one surefire way to keep the wives away. For days.

Liverwursters Unite!!!

Huzzah!

I'm pretty sure of Pennsylvania calls them dippy eggs.

Dippin' eggs is what I've heard from those from PA.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.