What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Ok.  I never have had liverwurst.  In fact, I'm not sure I ever have seen it.  What does it taste like?

Kind of a funky, powerful sausage, with the strong taste coming from the meat and not the spice. It's tough to describe, like trying to describe "pork" to a vegetarian.

I'll have to try the brisling sardines.  I haven't been too crazy about the other sardines I've tried in the past.

Lately I've been hooked on the smoked kippers (herring).  I get the Polar brand at Wal-Mart for around $1.25/can.  I just drain them, toss on some hot sauce and that's a cheap lunch.  I probably have it 2-3 times per week.

See, I like my herring pickled. Altman's in wine sauce is good. Blue Hill Bay makes a great kosher dill marinade herring though, with peppercorns. Amazing. I love Wegmans. 

Ok.  I never have had liverwurst.  In fact, I'm not sure I ever have seen it.  What does it taste like?

I can't describe it. It tastes like liverwurst haha 

Kind of a funky, powerful sausage, with the strong taste coming from the meat and not the spice. It's tough to describe, like trying to describe "pork" to a vegetarian.

I'm in midseason perv form.

Must be an eastern PA thing. The first time if ever heard that description was in this thread.

I always assumed it was a "down home" Pennsylvania term. Down home is sort of an indefinable geographic area in and around central and southern PA. When people moved north to work in the oil fields around Titusville and Bradford, they talked about being from "down home." My mum said she had to "red up the table" after dinner and warned us boys to not "go rammin' around" the neighborhood.

I'm in midseason perv form.

I always assumed it was a "down home" Pennsylvania term. Down home is sort of an indefinable geographic area in and around central and southern PA. When people moved north to work in the oil fields around Titusville and Bradford, they talked about being from "down home." My mum said she had to "red up the table" after dinner and warned us boys to not "go rammin' around" the neighborhood.

Mrs. Racer used the "red up ...." saying when we first met.  I thought that more of a rural slang than geographical. But it would make sense that dippy eggs is a rural saying, mostly from the areas in and around central/ south central PA, as that entire region could be labeled as rural. 

*Almost* everyone; I don't!

That's 'cause you grew up in NYS.

I'm eating a bowl of Grape Nuts at this very moment. I'm wondering.....does anyone under 40 eat Grape Nuts? 

It's just what you'd expect. It is the Matt Ellis of breakfasts. 

I don't think anyone under 65 eats Grape Nuts.

Are you a sunny side upper?

I guess, yeah... I don't eat eggs that often and usually get an omelet if I'm eating breakfast out, so I haven't had to think about how I'd order them!  But definitely not  "dippy eggs".

That's 'cause you grew up in NYS.

I don't think anyone under 65 eats Grape Nuts.

Fair point!  I chuckle when people in PA tell me I have "an accent".  No, I do not; I simply speak proper English.

I'm eating a bowl of Grape Nuts at this very moment. I'm wondering.....does anyone under 40 eat Grape Nuts? 

It's just what you'd expect. It is the Matt Ellis of breakfasts. 

d4rk is a frequent eater of Raisin Bran... I think that's pretty close. 

He only eats that so you think he's being healthy.  As soon as he leaves the house, he stops at 7-11 for a microwave chicken biscuit.

haha that's perfectly fine. He can eat all the crap he wants, as long as he doesn't kill his grease quota for the week so we can still eat something bad for us on the weekend. 

He only eats that so you think he's being healthy.  As soon as he leaves the house, he stops at 7-11 for a microwave chicken biscuit.

I seriously eat the same thing every day. Tuna sandwiches, carrots, raisin bran, coffee, bananas. The guys here at work go out to lunch like every other day. Who the f*ck has the money for that?  :wacko:

I seriously eat the same thing every day. Tuna sandwiches, carrots, raisin bran, coffee, bananas. The guys here at work go out to lunch like every other day. Who the f*ck has the money for that?  :wacko:

Yeah I hear ya. Breakfast is boring cheerio like wegmans brand cereal, lunch is pbj and pretzles, dinner is 2 eggs, maybe a frozen vegetarian sausage patty thing if I'm being fancy. Dinner last night was toast. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.