What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Ok, I'll broaden it.  Chef's is an affront to food!

I dunno, man. It's not fine dining, that is for sure. It's a comfort-food-red-sauce joint. I, for one, enjoy the occasional trip to Chef's very much.  

One thing's for sure: It hasn't survived in that godforsaken location for this long, and in so doing become a local institution, because its food sucks.

Let's break it down SAT analogy style:

Eleven:Italian Food :: d4rk:Beer

as a point of reference:

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/19920-the-official-beer-appreciation-thread/?p=706589

So I picked up a Sous Vide deal during Amazon primeday yesterday.  I'm looking forward to giving it a try this weekend...combined with my Big Green Egg I'm going to be dangerous!

Cool! I saw a project somewhere to build one using a micro controller and thermal probe, but never got the motivation to build one. I don't cook as much as I'd like these days so I can only dream of learning new techniques.

Our week spent at the beach in Maine is nearly over. We've had lobster in restaurants a couple of times. Leaving in a few for the fish market. I'm getting some shedders and doing them at the beach house tonight. Most folks look down on the soft shells but they are my favorite. Tender, sweet and perfect. The ultimate match for my black IPA home brew.

So I picked up a Sous Vide deal during Amazon primeday yesterday.  I'm looking forward to giving it a try this weekend...combined with my Big Green Egg I'm going to be dangerous!

A home brewers mash tun can easily be made into a sous vide.

Don't know why I haven't played with it yet.

Cool! I saw a project somewhere to build one using a micro controller and thermal probe, but never got the motivation to build one. I don't cook as much as I'd like these days so I can only dream of learning new techniques.

Yeah, that's what a friend of mine uses.  I got an Anova immersion clamp on sous vide , so I'm going to start by just using one of my wifes pots.

This one?

http://anovaculinary.com/anova-precision-cooker/

I was just coveting that last week... much nicer than investing in a giant water bath.

Edited by biodork

So I get home from work at 3am. I'd like to have a beer and then go to sleep. I'm out of beer, OK. I open the fridge to find only my wife's reds apple ale. I look in the freezer, only Disorono. I look in the liquor cabinet and I find a bottle of twizzler flavored Vodka, a bottle of peach schnapps, a bottle of bailey's Irish Cream and a bottle of wine that a homeless person wouldn't cook with.

I decided that the NyQuill in the medicine cabinet was the best option. Good night.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.