What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Never heard of falernum here, either.

I had never heard of falernum either. Of course, I'd also never heard of that ginger liqueur. I picked up some of that ginger stuff the other day - Domaine de Canton. Very tasty, but a little sweet. It is a cognac base. I think I prefer it with white liquors like gin or vodka, as opposed to bourbon, but that's just me.

Trying to get around the city to different places... Have had some solid experiences so far.

Taj Grill is the first Indian restaurant in the city that listens when you say "extra extra hot/spicy." Fantastic level of spices. Their puneer is the softer type vs the tougher but still delicious type.

Sweet_ness 7 Cafe is a nice little place with some great cafe food. Girlfriend got the Caprese sandwich which I tasted and didn't mind (hate tomatoes otherwise). Their French toast and eggs were high quality. It's definitely deep into "hipster" territory on Grant Street, but it's a relaxing little coffee shop with good food.

Betty's is another "hipster" joint on Virginia that seems to be pretty popular. I got a quesadilla there that was good not great. Portions weren't great. Service was poor (he was too busy trying to please the girl next to us who had to mention that she was gluten free every time somebody sneezed in her direction).

I had never heard of falernum either. Of course, I'd also never heard of that ginger liqueur. I picked up some of that ginger stuff the other day - Domaine de Canton. Very tasty, but a little sweet. It is a cognac base. I think I prefer it with white liquors like gin or vodka, as opposed to bourbon, but that's just me.

I've heard of that ginger stuff, and it sounds intriguing but I'd wondered about if it would be sweet or more spicy.  Not sure if they sell it around here... was it pricey?

Old Vienna

Probably my favorite jingle of all time:

It's a frosty mug

It's a little brown jug

That was made for you and me

Just say OV for a fresh kind of pleasure

Old Vienna that's our kind of beer!

I can't believe I couldn't find some version of that commercial online. It was easy to find 2-3 years ago.

I've heard of that ginger stuff, and it sounds intriguing but I'd wondered about if it would be sweet or more spicy.  Not sure if they sell it around here... was it pricey?

It was $32 for a fifth here in NC.

Last night I had a bacon wrapped bison chop, with sweet potato puree and fresh asparagus and it was purely inspirational.

Buffalo shouldn't eat their own. Say three Novenas.

I'm paying my own penance for some past transgression apparently. Dinner is pizza. Gluten free pizza.

Mr_Yuck_Sticker.jpg

I love my wife, I love my wife, I love my wife...

• 4 weeks later...

Actually you know what's better than that? A parmesan bagel. Makes a great sandwich. But I've got some sesame buns to use up before they get moldy. (My wife recently had to go gluten free so I can't foist them off on her.)

Chicken and waffles is a thing here in Texas.

Actually you know what's better than that? A parmesan bagel. Makes a great sandwich. But I've got some sesame buns to use up before they get moldy. (My wife recently had to go gluten free so I can't foist them off on her.)

Chicken and waffles is a thing here in Texas.

Aw, man. There's a place in Portsmouth VA that makes them, but sadly the work that took me down there a few times a year has dried up.

Cantina Loco is on a six month suspension.  Passing off CUBED mystery meat as tacos al pastor.

Caffe Aroma comes off of suspension in about five weeks, I think.  Damn, I miss that place.  

I think the NHL needs to learn my restaurant disciplinary system.

EDIT:  After review by the department of player safety, the suspension of Cantina Loco has been withdrawn.  The coconut rice pudding dessert was that freaking good.  Going forward, however, Cantina Loco will be treated as a repeat offender.

Edited by Eleven

For dinner tonight I had salmon filet with red bell pepper slices, snow peas, and asparagus with garlic, pepper, salt, and dill wrapped up and baked in tin foil with just a slight drizzle of my beloved Frantoia EVOO from Sicily.  

Brown rice on side.  Great, simple, easy meal.

Currently sipping a dram of Highland Park 12 and watching Montreal/Ottawa.

Edited by Kruppstahl

For dinner tonight I had salmon filet with red bell pepper slices, snow peas, and asparagus with garlic, pepper, salt, and dill wrapped up and baked in tin foil with just a slight drizzle of my beloved Frantoia EVOO from Sicily.  

Brown rice on side.  Great, simple, easy meal.

Currently sipping a dram of Highland Park 12 and watching Montreal/Ottawa.

This is a classic example of how different people like different things.  I cannot stand salmon, bell pepper, or Scotch, but I still can recognize this as a great meal.

Cantina Loco is on a six month suspension.  Passing off CUBED mystery meat as tacos al pastor.

Caffe Aroma comes off of suspension in about five weeks, I think.  Damn, I miss that place.  

I think the NHL needs to learn my restaurant disciplinary system.

I like your system. I do they same, but subconciosly, and it probably runs the same amount of time. I love one place for their food, but they usually f-up my take out order or treat you like a leper one in four visits. My intestines also get a vote in the matter.....

This is a classic example of how different people like different things.  I cannot stand salmon, bell pepper, or Scotch, but I still can recognize this as a great meal.

ha ha.  I hear you Eleven.

For what it's worth, I detested whisky of any type until about a year ago, then developed my palate for scotch as I developed an interest in its making.  I have a good friend who won't touch seafood of any kind, which strikes me as crazy, but everyone has different taste.

I've noticed that my taste for things has changed as I've gotten older.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.