What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Three Eggos.  OK, warning up front, this is not for you who cook for or are cooked for.  This is neo-bachelor-Eleven, making do out of the freezer and fridge.  I still am proud.

Three Eggos, crispy.  (Yeah, the same three.)  When they're done toasting, spread a mess of shredded cheddar on two of them.  There is not a such thing as too much; pile it on.  A little real--REAL, this is important--maple syrup on each of the two.

Cover with third Eggo.  Nuke 'til cheese melts.

Pour some real maple syrup over it and name your next child after me.

[ingredients I would have incorporated if I had them:  ham, apple.]

Edited by Eleven

Easily Labatt Blue. That's cheap enough to qualify as cheap, right? Because I don't think I could go below that anymore.

Yup, that's mine. First time I ordered one down here I asked the bartender for a blue and my beer showed up with fruit in it. My mistake.

I don't dislike Yeungling, although some call it Pottsville piss water.

Edited by ubkev

Three Eggos.  OK, warning up front, this is not for you who cook for or are cooked for.  This is neo-bachelor-Eleven, making do out of the freezer and fridge.  I still am proud.

Three Eggos, crispy.  (Yeah, the same three.)  When they're done toasting, spread a mess of shredded cheddar on two of them.  There is not a such thing as too much; pile it on.  A little real--REAL, this is important--maple syrup on each of the two.

I am equal parts intrigued and disgusted. I havent made food creations like that since my college days. College me wants cheddar Eggo's - adult me is judging derisively from across the room while sipping his gourmet dark roast.

I am equal parts intrigued and disgusted. I havent made food creations like that since my college days. College me wants cheddar Eggo's - adult me is judging derisively from across the room while sipping his gourmet dark roast.

Gotta use up some stuff.  I think tonight's Iron Chef ingredient is going to be canned sardines.

Luckily, I'm out of Eggos.

Sounds awesome. With the ham and apple, it's a stoner's Monte Cristo.

Gotta use up some stuff.  I think tonight's Iron Chef ingredient is going to be canned sardines.

Mash up some avocado, sherry vinegar, and sardines and put it on a hearty toast. The main problem with this recipe is it makes a ton and avocado doesn't keep very well.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/sherried-sardine-toast-recipe.html

Barring that, sardines and oil make a halfway decent salad dressing on their own.

All right, jerko:

Over two muddled lemon slices and ice in a double old-fashioned:

3 oz bourbon

1 oz ginger liquor

1 barspoon falernum.  

Shake it, pour it.

Delicious.

Never heard of falernum here, either.

The biggest problem is trying to extract the liqueur out of a ginger.  (It should be liqueur and not liquor; I wasn't paying attention to auto-mistake.)

Bio already said no, so you have to find a different ginger.

Damn.  Bio is well infused.  This makes it more difficult.

:lol:

You should call The Splendid Table. It's a radio show on NPR. You reveal five ingredients you have on hand and the host has to concoct some fancy dish out of them, with a few basic ingredients she gets to add.

In honor of 11's creative use of cheese and the downright balmy weather, I busted out the charcoal grill for some cheddar dogs. Nothing fancy, but damn does grilled food taste good right now.

I just got the strangest erection.

Gotta use up some stuff. I think tonight's Iron Chef ingredient is going to be canned sardines.

I like em on toast with Weber's mustard and some Polish dill spears on the side.

Beer is a must.

That's been the best perk about marrying into a Polish family. Hand made pierogi every year for Christmas. You haven't lived until you've had a hand made pierogi from a little polish grandmother.

Unfortunately the ones I had were store bought.  On the good side, for store bought they were pretty darned good.

That's been the best perk about marrying into a Polish family. Hand made pierogi every year for Christmas. You haven't lived until you've had a hand made pierogi from a little polish grandmother.

I have a wonderful Polish mother-in-law. Xmas eve dinner is our big Polish meal. Sausages, homemade ######, handmade pierogi, borscht, and whatever they call that smashed up pea dish...and butter drizzled over everything :P.  Very delicious. Very deadly. 

wow. My abbreviation for sauerkraut is censored! Didn't realize that was offensive!

Edited by iTInSn

I have a wonderful Polish mother-in-law. Xmas eve dinner is our big Polish meal. Sausages, homemade ######, handmade pierogi, borscht, and whatever they call that smashed up pea dish...and butter drizzled over everything :P.  Very delicious. Very deadly. 

wow. My abbreviation for sauerkraut is censored! Didn't realize that was offensive!

Meat on Xmas Eve? Not in my Polish grandma's house!

Went to Kentucky Gregs on George Urban for the first time to today, I have to say it was amazing. I've been to most of the BBQ places around here and this place jumps to the top of the list. It was so good we ordered an extra rack of ribs to bring home, and yes they are already gone.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.