Catfish

Cornbread

Fried chicken

Juleps (2x)

Greens

Shrimp & grits

Non-Julep Bourbon (1x)

It's Derby Day all right.

I may not wake up until Monday.  And I've already napped since eating all that.  Not full portions of any one of those, obviously.

Edited by Eleven

Shrimp and Grits with some crayfish.  Gotta say it is one of my favorite things to get down here.  That said, I had a wheat beer after that had a ton of ginger in it... wasn't a fan. 

Edited by LGR4GM

I made a rhubarb pie. The rhubarb I planted in the summer of 2012 finally could be fully harvested. I needed about 12 good sized stalks to get five cups for the pie. I've never had good luck with this pie using store-bought rhubarb — it always came out runny even coating the rhubarb with corn starch. But I don't think it was the rhubarb, I think it was impatient, gluttonous me cutting the pie before it was completely cooled. So this time I cooled it over night and had a piece just now for breakfast. Everything was nice and tight and congealed. It looks somewhat gross as this variety doesn't turn pink. It's sort of a MASH 4077 greenish. And pretty tart, but I was shooting for that. I only used a cup of sugar (brown) instead of the cup and a half in the recipe.

Peanut butter on toast!

You are so dead. These people don't eat peanut butter on toast. They grind their own freakin' organic peanuts and slather the result on home-made artisan bread which has been toasted in an ancient Italian brick oven. I suppose you eat jelly too.

You are so dead. These people don't eat peanut butter on toast. They grind their own freakin' organic peanuts and slather the result on home-made artisan bread which has been toasted in an ancient Italian brick oven. I suppose you eat jelly too.

LOL, no jelly!

I've got a beer can chicken sitting on the grill right meow. I'm enjoying a tanqueray and 7up. I love 80 degree weather.

WE just did that. In honor of the first truly nice weekend on Sunday I made Mrs. Racers favorite meal. BC chicken on a charcoal grill with roasted vegetables.

Edited by Woods-Racer

Beer can chicken is good, but IMO a spatchcocked bird on the grill can't be beat.

That cooks way to fast!!

How am I supposed to get in some day drinking with an excuse that I need to drink for 2 hours but only a half hour for the chicken to cook!

Seriously, that looks like a nice mid week quick and wonderful meal off the grill.

That cooks way to fast!!

How am I supposed to get in some day drinking with an excuse that I need to drink for 2 hours but only a half hour for the chicken to cook!

Seriously, that looks like a nice mid week quick and wonderful meal off the grill.

You could switch to moonshine. 

Last night I took a few mild Italian sausages made by the local butcher and threw them on the grill, along with pineapple chunks and grape tomatoes.

Boiled a pot of brown rice then mixed in some thai peanut sauce — not overpowering, just enough to give it some flavour.

Added fresh snap peas, chopped but still in the pods, some pecans and some crumbled feta.

Thin-sliced the grilled sausage, dropped it in a big salad bowl with the grilled tomatoes and pineapple, added the rice mixture and tossed it all together.

Strange mix, but unbelievably good.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.