What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Don't be afraid to leave them pinkish inside. They'll be tender and juicy. Loin? I assume.

Today's pork is safe to eat medium.

That's great advice.  

I would add not to turn the flame up too high and don't over-cook them as as to not dry them out.

Also, let the meat rest a good 5-10 minutes after it comes off the grill.

Edited by Kruppstahl

The other thread has me fiending for chicken wings, but I kept telling myself I should eat the leftovers in my fridge, which is this:

http://greatist.com/eat/recipes/linguine-citrusy-yogurt-and-tuna-sauce

Except I had a stroke of genius on the way home; I've made low-cal buffalo chicken dip with Franks and plain Greek yogurt, so could I add Franks to this pasta? I know it probably sounds weird, but the Greek yogurt makes a surprisingly creamy sauce, and canned tuna mimics the texture of shredded chicken. It works, I tell you! Not wings, but at least a good alternative to scratch the itch for wing flavor.

Went to a bbq place here.  Got some burnt ends, collard greens, and mac n cheese.  Their 3 sauces are hot vinegar based, sweet mild tomato based, and carolina spice (mustard based) so they have the bases covered.

I added some sweet mild to my mac n cheese and had a foodgasm.  

Went to a bbq place here.  Got some burnt ends, collard greens, and mac n cheese.  Their 3 sauces are hot vinegar based, sweet mild tomato based, and carolina spice (mustard based) so they have the bases covered.

I added some sweet mild to my mac n cheese and had a foodgasm.

Wtf are "burnt ends"? Lol

Wtf are "burnt ends"? Lol

So when you cook brisket, the ends of the brisket burn a little (really they get crisp) but there is a lot of flavor and such in there.  They are quite tasty and occasionally I enjoy them. 

That said, I am totally stealing the idea of greek yogurt and franks.

So when you cook brisket, the ends of the brisket burn a little (really they get crisp) but there is a lot of flavor and such in there.  They are quite tasty and occasionally I enjoy them. 

Huh... I get that's probably tasty, but it doesn't sound good, haha.

Here's the Buffalo chicken dip recipe (I sub Greek yogurt for the sour cream):

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/lighter-buffalo-chicken-dip.html

Burnt ends are usually twice smoked.  They are cut from the point cut of a full brisket that are removed from the whole brisket, cut into pieces, sauced, and put back on the smoker.  They get rather dark in color, but should not be burnt.

Had sushi for the first time today. Whatever....

Shrimp, salmon, crab, tuna. Color me unimpressed. I guess now I can officially say I'm not a sushi person. I ate it all, it wasn't bad. But if I never had sushi of any kind, ever again, I really wouldn't care at all.

Had sushi for the first time today. Whatever....

Shrimp, salmon, crab, tuna. Color me unimpressed. I guess now I can officially say I'm not a sushi person. I ate it all, it wasn't bad. But if I never had sushi of any kind, ever again, I really wouldn't care at all.

I like it from time to time, but it tends to be very subtle flavors and not "hearty" eating. I can understand why some folks don't bother. I don't understand, "ewww, it's raw" though. That's just being close-minded.

Edited by MattPie

Had an Old Fashioned the other day.  It was mentioned back in this thread and when I went out earlier this week I ordered that instead of a beer out of interest.  Wow.  I have been missing out.  Makes me want to start having this occasionally around the house.  You can buy bitters at grocery stores right? 

Edited by Derrico

Had an Old Fashioned the other day.  It was mentioned back in this thread and when I went out earlier this week I ordered that instead of a beer out of interest.  Wow.  I have been missing out.  Makes me want to start having this occasionally around the house.  You can buy bitters at grocery stores right? 

You can, but you can find all manner of fancy bitters on the Amazon.

You can, but you can find all manner of fancy bitters on the Amazon.

Indeed.  I love orange bitters in an Old Fashioned.

I like it from time to time, but it tends to be very subtle flavors and not "hearty" eating. I can understand why some folks don't bother. I don't understand, "ewww, it's raw" though. That's just being close-minded.

I could eat sushi by the bucket. Which is why I don't eat sushi very often.

Anyone interested in food or good documentaries, or both:

Watch "Jiro Dreams of Sushi."

Great piece of filmmaking and even better if you like sushi or Japanese culture.

I was blown away by this film, and Jiro!  What a stud.

Anyone interested in food or good documentaries, or both:

Watch "Jiro Dreams of Sushi."

Great piece of filmmaking and even better if you like sushi or Japanese culture.

I was blown away by this film, and Jiro!  What a stud.

One of my favorites. Not just about sushi, but about being passionate about your work. He's a wonderful example of mastering a craft. 

Now that I'm working full time in Buffalo I get to start trying out all the new things that showed up here in the seven years or so since I moved away. Went to Resurgence Brewing tonight with a few friends after work and who was there? Our very own Eleven! Also ran into a friend from high school and his girlfriend who both went to UB with my brother. That small town Buffalo feel.

Had a few Bridge Lagers, ate soft pretzels, and shot the sh*t out by the non-wood burning fire pit on a 50 degree evening and was comfortable the whole time.

Good atmosphere and I bet it will be packed once it really warms up.

Edited by d4rksabre

Now that I'm working full time in Buffalo I get to start trying out all the new things that showed up here in the seven years or so since I moved away. Went to Resurgence Brewing tonight with a few friends after work and who was there? Our very own Eleven! Also ran into a friend from high school and his girlfriend who both went to UB with my brother. That small town Buffalo feel.

Had a few Bridge Lagers, ate soft pretzels, and shot the sh*t out by the non-wood burning fire pit on a 50 degree evening and was comfortable the whole time.

Was good to see you.  I think I knew about 20 people in there last night.  Small town feel indeed.

Welcome to the dark side my friend. Feel free to peruse the whisky thread. A lot of good advanced recommendations in there.

Just wanted to mention how great the owners of Resurgence was to work with to organize a pre-reception party for my wedding. They were extremely helpful and were willing to print our drink tickets and directions for us to use and advertise the event. Even delivered them to my house gratis.

I could not say enough good things about the Buffalo brewery scene as a whole, but specific shout out to Brandon at Resurgence. :beer:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.