Stafford needs to go

Eleven

Unless you know what was said, how can you prescribe the consequences?

You are right, but this type of fairmindedness makes a witch hunt more difficult.

I did not notice this, but I've heard about it (last night on here and then this morning on GR) and I want to see it.

If you've got it on the DVR, I'm pretty sure it was with about 13-14 minutes to go in the 2nd period.

Leaving aside Stafford's performanc/contract/other issues, did anyone notice last night in the 2nd period, shortly after Philly tied it, when Lindy was yelling at Stafford on the bench and Stafford was kinda yelling back & kinda blowing him off (or at least it appeared that way on TV)?

He's either gotta be healthy-scratched or traded ASAP.

Unless you know what was said, how can you prescribe the consequences?

i'm on board with freeman's (eminently) reasonable inference.

the smirky-fratboy-douchebag needs to go.

and things were looking so promising when he made that fu-man drew video.

You are right, but this type of fairmindedness makes a witch hunt more difficult.

If you've got it on the DVR, I'm pretty sure it was with about 13-14 minutes to go in the 2nd period.

I had the Flyers video feed over the Internet.

It wasn't on for more than 10 seconds. I watched it again this morning. If I were to guess:

It was right after we took the too many men penalty on the PP.

Stafford was the one that LR sent to the box for it. (I know it doesn't mean it was actually him committing the foul)

Once he got back from the penalty box was when LR started 'yelling' at him. Not sure if you could call it yelling, the crowd was celebrating a goal by the Flyers so it was pretty loud in there.

Stafford's words were "I know, I know".

I assume he was getting the talking to about getting on the ice too soon or not waiting for his guy or not realizing who he was replacing on the ice.

Then again LR could have been saying "You're a worthless piece of ###### Drew! You know the scouts are here tonight!" Staff: "I know, I know".

So was Darcy's fax machine.

Neither does Darcy's fax machine.

Darcy still needs to use a fax because most GM's have his email address listed in their spam box.

If Darcy wants to get a deal done with Burke, his best bet is to strap a note to 250ml bottle of Segram's 7 and have a carrier pigeon lug it to Toronto.

It's during the stoppage at 13:02 of the 2nd period.

At first, it really bothered me that Drew shook his head right in front of Ruff, but then I started to wonder if all the players feel this way about Ruff and Drew is the only one with balls enough to outwardly show his resistance to him.

Darcy still needs to use a fax because most GM's have his email address listed in their spam box.

If Darcy wants to get a deal done with Burke, his best bet is to strap a note to 250ml bottle of Segram's 7 and have a carrier pigeon lug it to Toronto.

I Got it!

ASAP stands for

ALL

ContractS

Approved through

Pigeons

It's during the stoppage at 13:02 of the 2nd period.

At first, it really bothered me that Drew shook his head right in front of Ruff, but then I started to wonder if all the players feel this way about Ruff and Drew is the only one with balls enough to outwardly show his resistance to him.

Drew Stafford? Balls?

I think you answered your own question.

Then again LR could have been saying "You're a worthless piece of ###### Drew! You know the scouts are here tonight!" Staff: "I know, I know".

We could really make this into a fun game, Try and Guess what Lindy said, ending with Stafford Saying "I Know, I Know"

I know a lot of references are made of players lighting it up in a contract year, but when you look at Staffords numbers for the last 3 years, is he not the all-time poster boy for this...

09-10 71gp 14g 20a 34p <<<<< NOT a CONTRACT YEAR

10-11 62gp 31g 21a 52p <<<<< CONTRACT YEAR

11-12 55gp 9g 17a 26 p <<<<< NOT A CONTRACT YEAR

Get the F*** off my team and take that SGM Roy with you! :angry:

I guess in the argument with Lindy it depends on which side you weigh in on.

If you think Ruff is done as a coach then perhaps you want Stafford yelling back. Perhaps you want Stafford telling Ruff that he sucks and his system is killing the team.

if you think Ruff needs better players then you think Stafford is the problem and needs to go.

If you think they both need to go then it was just pure entertainment to see two guys going at it.

If you think they both need to stay, well.... let's not go there.

What interested me more was how the rest of the team mailed in the rest of the game after seeing Lindy finally lambaste one of their guys. They simply are used to kid gloves and sulk and throw passive aggressive tantrums when given a taste of tough love. And that's Lindy's fault. I LOVE how vocal he's become lately about the "crap play" and "stupid mistakes", and maybe he finally, FINALLY gets it. And maybe he can bring his newfound knowledge on how to effectively lead a bunch of overgrown (and grossly overpaid) children to become champions in a man's game somewhere else. But THESE guys are ruined to it, you have your evidence on tape from that second and third period if you wanna re-watch it.

I hate Darcy Regier, because this crap goes right over his arrogant, fat head.

Hot garbage. Darcy is the manager of hot trash.

Woops, sorry. And Stafford blows. There.

Edited by TheChimp

I missed how the Sabres responded other than seeing the final score. After 3-2 I turned the game off and found something more productive to do with my time. I watched last night until 3-2 and then moved on. Tomorrow I at least will be otherwise occupied so I don't have to figure out what the hell else to do during the game!

If Stafford could find the motivation and the drive, he could be a very productive player, he has the size and the skill set, but just not the desire. If I had to choose between getting rid of Stafford or Roy, it would be Roy that I would dump, I believe that Roy is much more of a cancer to this team than Stafford. Maybe if they give Stafford only 1 year contracts, that way he would always be in a contract year, or maybe if they can get a coach to motivate him, instead of Lindy, who couldn't motivate a mouse to eat a piece of cheese.

If Stafford could find the motivation and the drive, he could be a very productive player, he has the size and the skill set, but just not the desire. If I had to choose between getting rid of Stafford or Roy, it would be Roy that I would dump, I believe that Roy is much more of a cancer to this team than Stafford. Maybe if they give Stafford only 1 year contracts, that way he would always be in a contract year, or maybe if they can get a coach to motivate him, instead of Lindy, who couldn't motivate a mouse to eat a piece of cheese.

If you have to look for "motivation and drive" there is a problem. I can see Stafford out of the NHL in 3-4 years.