Injury Report: Myers, Ehrhoff and Hecht

spndnchz

Quick update as Sabres practice begins in First Niagara Center with the current line combinations:

Vanek-Hecht-Pominville

Gerbe-Roy-Stafford (Gerbe gets a bump up after a strong game Saturday)

Boyes-Adam-McCormick

Ellis-Gaustad-Kaleta

Zack Kassian, who was scratched Saturday, is skating as an extra forward with Tyler Ennis. Tyler Myers is skating as an extra defenseman with the six who played Saturday (Leopold, Regehr, Weber, Gragnani, McNabb, Brennan).

---Mike Harrington

(www.twitter.com/bnharrington)

This is just F'ing stupid. Sit The Kid over Ellis? F'reelz? Send him back to Rochester instead. WTF good is having Kass sitting going to do for him? :wallbash:

I've heard him called a lot of things, but never this. If Boyes is a tweak, does that mean that Stafford is what Kathy Bates did to James Caan in Misery?

Haha. That's it: Stafford shall now be known as "The Hobble."

GO SABRES!!!

Haha. That's it: Stafford shall now be known as "The Hobble."

GO SABRES!!!

It's easier just to go w/ 'Smehlik.' It means so much more and saves a syllable. (Though, it is tough to keep 'Smehlik' a 2 syllable word as it often takes on a 2 syllable prefix beginning w/ an 'f.')

This is just F'ing stupid. Sit The Kid over Ellis? F'reelz? Send him back to Rochester instead. WTF good is having Kass sitting going to do for him? :wallbash:

I wish to god someone in the media would grow a pair and question Lindy about this. I'd pay top dollar to hear his explanation.

Can Tropp please be removed from the thread title? :rolleyes:

If Myers, Lieno and Ennis are back, then the only regulars out are Ehrhoff and Sekera......and McNabb and Weber are in their place.

I would hope everyone sees that we are firing at 99.7% and will then STFU about injuries as an excuse.

Enjoy your evening.

If Myers, Lieno and Ennis are back, then the only regulars out are Ehrhoff and Sekera......and McNabb and Weber are in their place.

I would hope everyone sees that we are firing at 99.7% and will then STFU about injuries as an excuse.

Enjoy your evening.

...but look at the deep hole they are in because of the injuries! :D

Enjoy your evening.

Two of your starting 6 blue liners is still a big hit. But yes, if those three do come back without any other significant injuries (a big IF in the NHL) the injury excuse is very heavily diminished.

Enjoy your evening.

I don't disagree with the substance of your point (although Shrader is right that losing your #1/#2 and #4/#5 defensemen actually is a pretty big hit), but I don't think the grown-ups on this board should be telling others to STFU.

I don't disagree with the substance of your point (although Shrader is right that losing your #1/#2 and #4/#5 defensemen actually is a pretty big hit), but I don't think the grown-ups on this board should be telling others to STFU.

I didn't tell......I hope they do it on their own. Sort of like Mr Pegula obviously didn't tell anyone they had to make the playoffs and win a Cup.....he just hopes they will.

There's a good question for you.....do you think there is one person in that Sabres locker room that has the guts to tell everyone to STFU about injuries as an excuse and go out there and bust your butt 100%???

It's sort of hard to do that when your coach leads every interview with the passive aggressive "We don't want to use injuries as an excuse......"

I didn't tell......I hope they do it on their own. Sort of like Mr Pegula obviously didn't tell anyone they had to make the playoffs and win a Cup.....he just hopes they will.

There's a good question for you.....do you think there is one person in that Sabres locker room that has the guts to tell everyone to STFU about injuries as an excuse and go out there and bust your butt 100%???

It's sort of hard to do that when your coach leads every interview with the passive aggressive "We don't want to use injuries as an excuse......"

No. Well, I think Pommer has probably said it, but with that leprechaun twinkle in his eye and gleaming gold-plated necklace, I don't think anyone stops listening to Leopold's "Jackson 5 greatest hits" while he's talking.

No. Well, I think Pommer has probably said it, but with that leprechaun twinkle in his eye and gleaming gold-plated necklace, I don't think anyone stops listening to Leopold's "Jackson 5 greatest hits" while he's talking.

"Hey fellas....I know we are really banged up....and..um....a lot of us are hurting......but we need to go out there and show some good compete. If we work hard and we do the little things...we will outcompete them and will turn this around sooner or later. The breaks will start to go our way and we will stop having such bad luck.....OK...let's do this!"

I wish to god someone in the media would grow a pair and question Lindy about this. I'd pay top dollar to hear his explanation.

Here it is, right out of Kass's mouth: http://tonawanda-news.com/sabres/x1477839649/Ilnesses-give-Kassian-another-chance

If he's going to bench Myers for performance not up to expectation, he should do the same for Kassian. He should have done the same with 21, too.

Sorry on jury duty and dont want my thumbs accused of censorship.

McNabb made the AHL all star team. He would need to be in the minors to play.

No communicating from the jury room!

"Hey fellas....I know we are really banged up....and..um....a lot of us are hurting......but we need to go out there and show some good compete. If we work hard and we do the little things...we will outcompete them and will turn this around sooner or later. The breaks will start to go our way and we will stop having such bad luck.....OK...let's do this!"

Insert the word "battle" in there once or twice.

STFU Donnie !!!!

:P

Archived