Injury Report: Myers, Ehrhoff and Hecht

spndnchz

Does that change the timetable/report for his return at all? They were reporting that sometime (vague) after Christmas, anything more clear than that yet?

He's been skating so he should be ready. IMO he's learning what he can and can't do with his soft cast as far as stickhandling. I don't see him playing Thursday, maybe next week.

FWIW, Kaleta and Boyes taking full contact today on a line with Stafford.

He's been skating so he should be ready. IMO he's learning what he can and can't do with his soft cast as far as stickhandling. I don't see him playing Thursday, maybe next week.

Are Stafford's passes that far off?

Thanks for the update. I appreciate it :thumbsup:

Thomas Vanek, out with upper body believed to be shoulder -questionable for 12-26, seeing Dr's today

Leino -lower body, no word on return date

Boyes, ankle injury, possible for 12-26 vs Caps

Myers, wrist, skating and stick handling but still at least a week away

Hecht, leg injury, will be skating with the team next week

Ennis, ankle (again), couldn't get his skates on, no time table

Tropp- still concussed

Gerbe, concussion headaches, skates, but still has bad days

Stuart

If you thonk it can not get worse with injuries your top scorer get one.

Last season after Roy was out for the season i was so angry and wrote the Sabres off the battle for a playoff spot.

This year i simply can not believe this bad luck we have. It feels currently like falling out of an airplane and not knowing if i have got my parachute with me.

This is out of this world!

If this has been discussed previously, I apologize...

Paul Hamilton just brought up a good point in regards to McNabb and Kassian staying up. When all Sabres are healthy, sending Ellis and Gragnani to Rochester won't cut it. More salary has to be shed in order for them to stay here.

That being said, it seems like that day(when they are healthy) will still be at least 2-3 weeks away with the injury to Leino being the player farthest away from returning.

PS I'd still like to see McNabb and Kassian in Rochester when the injuries subside.

If this has been discussed previously, I apologize...

Paul Hamilton just brought up a good point in regards to McNabb and Kassian staying up. When all Sabres are healthy, sending Ellis and Gragnani to Rochester won't cut it. More salary has to be shed in order for them to stay here.

That being said, it seems like that day(when they are healthy) will still be at least 2-3 weeks away with the injury to Leino being the player farthest away from returning.

PS I'd still like to see McNabb and Kassian in Rochester when the injuries subside.

I've been saying and thinking this for weeks. Let's see how DR pulls it off.

Why would any GM want to keep a couple players around that bring life and energy to the team and the fan base when they can continue to go with Leopold and Boyes?

Did you read Blue's post?

And there's nothing wrong with Leo or Boyes, except for the fact that the latter is overpaid.

Did you read Blue's post?

And there's nothing wrong with Leo or Boyes, except for the fact that the latter is overpaid.

All the Sabres need to do is either trade some players away or bury them in Rochester.

Leopold, Boyes and Hecht have no future with this organization and add nothing to the franchise. The goal is the Stanley Cup, these players don't help towards that goal.

All the Sabres need to do is either trade some players away or bury them in Rochester.

Leopold, Boyes and Hecht have no future with this organization and add nothing to the franchise. The goal is the Stanley Cup, these players don't help towards that goal.

Hate to say it but 70% of this team are not a part of that goal! Leopold and Boyes are better than Mags and Stafford! They all SUCK!

Hate to say it but 70% of this team are not a part of that goal! Leopold and Boyes are better than Mags and Stafford! They all SUCK!

So every person on this team sucks, or 70% of them do? :P

We aren't getting the play we should and the front office are saying nothing. Combined with Ruff now having 400 assistant coaches I'd like some sort of explanation and a statement of what is going to be done about it. Like with the vid's Shanahan does, it'd be nice if they'd say something other than 'we didn't convert the chances'.

You can't just bury players in Rochester. The Sabres can only sign one more player right now. They would need a trade. You think the top 10-15 teams are making a trade right now. Those teams are on a roll and can easily wait until the trade deadline to make some moves to put them over the top. If DR's making moves it'll be with the bottom teams right now.

You can't just bury players in Rochester. The Sabres can only sign one more player right now. They would need a trade. You think the top 10-15 teams are making a trade right now. Those teams are on a roll and can easily wait until the trade deadline to make some moves to put them over the top. If DR's making moves it'll be with the bottom teams right now.

We can only have so many "veterans" in ROC right?

Nothing wrong with trading with a bottom team right now, just need to make sure we can get a good deal and shed some salary.

We can only have so many "veterans" in ROC right?

Nothing wrong with trading with a bottom team right now, just need to make sure we can get a good deal and shed some salary.

Only 5 players can be veterans, determined by number of games played (I think it's 260) They could have more than 5 on the roster but can only dress 5 for each game.

My point was that the Sabres are at 49 signed players. You can only have 50.

Only 5 players can be veterans, determined by number of games played (I think it's 260) They could have more than 5 on the roster but can only dress 5 for each game.

My point was that the Sabres are at 49 signed players. You can only have 50.

well, both of those numbers provide relevance to your point anyways lol.

Then trade them to a bottom team. Just get them off the roster.

Looks like Gerbe could be back this weekend: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/12/after-sekera-gets-smoked-gragnani-back-for-sabres.html

(BTW, since we changed to the new board software, I don't see the way to "name" the links with a catchy title -- i.e. it looks like the only way to display a link is with the full URL. Am I missing something?)

I kinda like the idea of Adam-Kassian-Gerbe as the 3rd line, with Ellis either benched or dropped to the 4th line with Gaustad and Kaleta.

Archived