Injury Report: Myers, Ehrhoff and Hecht

spndnchz

why isn't Vanek practicing?

Just barely had 10 forwards on the ice this morning. Vanek hurt his shoulder in the Pens games "probable" for Tuesday.

It's almost easier to say everyone hurt except for Adam, Szczechura, Pominville, Cody, Roy, Stafford, Ellis, Kassian, and Goose.

Boyes, Ennis, Kaleta not ready.

Looks like another one or two emergency recalls for the Sabres.

Just barely had 10 forwards on the ice this morning. Vanek hurt his shoulder in the Pens games "probable" for Tuesday.

It's almost easier to say everyone hurt except for Adam, Szczechura, Pominville, Cody, Roy, Stafford, Ellis, Kassian, and Goose.

Boyes, Ennis, Kaleta not ready.

Looks like another one or two emergency recalls for the Sabres.

Is this just a freak thing or can we make a correlation between the style of hockey they play and the injuries? Honestly don't know but seems something more than chance at play here.

Is this just a freak thing or can we make a correlation between the style of hockey they play and the injuries? Honestly don't know but seems something more than chance at play here.

The sad thing about DWI injuries are that the drunk person involved in a similar impact with another car usually walks away in much better shape than the sober counterpart. It is assumed that the drunk person is relaxed at the time of impact, while the sober person is aware of the oncomming hit, and tenses up, leading to worse injuries on average.

Make of that what you will.

So, what is the rough guess for when all these players (including the AHL'ers) are expected back? I'm trying to play out in my head how the roster changes and what our cap situation looks like. Anyone have a rough estimate of when these guys are expected to see the ice?

Anywhere where we can see the players and how many games they have been out? I have to think most of the pens and montreals injuries have been long term since last season.

Pittsburgh Penguins 179

Arron Asham (1), Dustin Jeffrey (26), Robert Bortuzzo (4), Ben Lovejoy (19), Matt Niskanen (1), Brian Strait (32), Deryk Engelland (2), Jordan Staal (4), Evgeni Malkin (8), Brooks Orpik (8), Kris Letang (5), Richard Park (12), Tyler Kennedy (11), Zbynek Michalek (19), Sidney Crosby (25), Jordan Staal (1), Craig Adams (0), Paul Martin (1)

Montreal Canadiens 135

Buffalo Sabres 121

Calgary Flames 115

Florida Panthers 111

Vancouver Canucks 91

Anaheim Ducks 81

New Jersey Devils 73

Philadelphia Flyers 73

Edmonton Oilers 69

Winnipeg Jets 67

New York Islanders 66

Minnesota Wild 64

Ottawa Senators 62

Los Angeles Kings 57

Tampa Bay Lightning 57

Carolina Hurricanes 54

Detroit Red Wings 54

Boston Bruins 50

Toronto Maple Leafs 49

Washington Capitals 43

Columbus Blue Jackets 40

Chicago Blackhawks 19

Phoenix Coyotes 9

The sad thing about DWI injuries are that the drunk person involved in a similar impact with another car usually walks away in much better shape than the sober counterpart. It is assumed that the drunk person is relaxed at the time of impact, while the sober person is aware of the oncomming hit, and tenses up, leading to worse injuries on average.

Make of that what you will.

It's a little bit more involved than that. In martial arts, you are taught to loosen up or tense up depending on circumstances. For example, for a strike to the abdomen, you tense up, but for a fall, you let yourself flop (but you have to flop properly).

3rd in the league with 115 man games lost due to injuries.

Ville Leino (1), Robyn Regehr (1), Drew Staford (1), Jordan Leopold (3), Paul Gaustad (3), Nathan Gerbe (5), Ryan Miller (8), Patrick Kaleta (9), Brad Boyes (10), Tyler Myers (11), Mike Weber (11), Cody McCormick (12), Tyler Ennis (17), Jochen Hecht (23),

All that and we're ###### 3rd! Holy smokes, this league is supposed to be reducing injuries.

Again though on the man-games......your top 5 forwards if you include your captains and your top 6 defensemen have missed a total of 19 games. Adding Miller and Lieno gets you to 28. That is $50 million in your cap missing an average of less than 1 game per man.

I'm sure Darcy isn't running that spreadsheet to show Mr Pegula.

Again though on the man-games......your top 5 forwards if you include your captains and your top 6 defensemen have missed a total of 19 games. Adding Miller and Lieno gets you to 28. That is $50 million in your cap missing an average of less than 1 game per man.

right...but the chemistry of the team is ever changing with that many injuries. if there is no consistency, it's hard to gel with your line mates. You don't know if their really going to be where you expect them to be when you need them to be there. so that compounds every time you change who is next to you. On that note, it absolutely bugs the crap out of me that lindy changes up lines so often. there are times when it helps, but a lot of times, it doesn't.

right...but the chemistry of the team is ever changing with that many injuries. if there is no consistency, it's hard to gel with your line mates. You don't know if their really going to be where you expect them to be when you need them to be there. so that compounds every time you change who is next to you. On that note, it absolutely bugs the crap out of me that lindy changes up lines so often. there are times when it helps, but a lot of times, it doesn't.

Are you suggesting that your top 5 forwards have a symbiotic relationship with the other 7?

I already know you wouldn't suggest that your top 6 Dmen would only have one with your top 5 forwards.

GO SABRES!!!

Pittsburgh doesn't seem *that* bothered by the lineup changes.

Are you suggesting that your top 5 forwards have a symbiotic relationship with the other 7?

I already know you wouldn't suggest that your top 6 Dmen would only have one with your top 5 forwards.

GO SABRES!!!

You mean Leino who was taken out of center duties by week 2?

Or Gaustad-Gerbe-Kaleta who were broken up by Ruff after the fluff pieces in the Buff News over the summer about them?

God knows Roy, Stafford, Pominville and Vanek don't know each other.

Or do you mean Hecht who has missed the majority of 2011?

Or Boyes who has 8 goals in 49 games as a Sabre?

Pittsburgh doesn't seem *that* bothered by the lineup changes.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that Pittsburgh is a far better team than the Sabres when healthy and a far better team when they're not.

GO SABRES!!!

3rd in the league with 115 man games lost due to injuries.

Ville Leino (1), Robyn Regehr (1), Drew Staford (1), Jordan Leopold (3), Paul Gaustad (3), Nathan Gerbe (5), Ryan Miller (8), Patrick Kaleta (9), Brad Boyes (10), Tyler Myers (11), Mike Weber (11), Cody McCormick (12), Tyler Ennis (17), Jochen Hecht (23),

Well, Ennis, Kaleta and Hecht are all important players on this team, and Weber and Gerbe are getting there. And Myers and Miller are their 2 best players (which I say fully cognizant that many feel that Vanek is one of the 2 best).

Pittsburgh has lost more guys, and better guys, but they still have Malkin, Staal, Letang, Orpik, Martin, Fleury, etc.

I'm not saying it excuses performances like Saturday night, but it definitely has an impact.

Yearly hit total:

Regehr: 80 hits in 31 games

Ehrhoff, Sekera, Myers, Leopold, Gragnani: 81 hits in 142 games

This is my guilty pleasure stat that I will update accordingly........

he was brought in to be the rough and tumble banger so he is doing his job. the others are doing their jobs too seeing as how they are all "offensive minded" blueliners

Archived