Injury Report: Myers, Ehrhoff and Hecht

spndnchz

addition by subtraction

You all are crazy. I don't like Roy either. It was apparent tonight that this team does not have one playmaking forward.

The only player other than Roy that looks comfortable skating the puck across the blueline away from the boards is Myers.

Did you see the zone time Carolina had against the Gerbe-Boyes-Stafford line? It was because no of them have a clue on how to play defensive center.

For those of you who want Roy traded; well that hope just got suspended for "some-time"

For those of you who want Roy traded; well that hope just got suspended for "some-time"

Alas, just like last year. I was hoping we could trade him so we could get better. Then he got hurt and we got better.

This year I find myself in the same predicament. This time though I think he heard the trade winds blowing and is trying to remove himself from those winds by claiming upper body injury.

Alas, just like last year. I was hoping we could trade him so we could get better. Then he got hurt and we got better.

This year I find myself in the same predicament. This time though I think he heard the trade winds blowing and is trying to remove himself from those winds by claiming upper body injury.

Regier has no intention of trading anyone soon anyway, in todays article he stated that there is no major shake up coming, nothing on the board at the moment. So we have to live with it as is for the minute.

Regier has no intention of trading anyone soon anyway, in todays article he stated that there is no major shake up coming, nothing on the board at the moment. So we have to live with it as is for the minute.

This season will be remembered for injuries and for Darcy Regier's complete failure to do a damned thing.

You all are crazy. I don't like Roy either. It was apparent tonight that this team does not have one playmaking forward.

The only player other than Roy that looks comfortable skating the puck across the blueline away from the boards is Myers.

Yes... Roy skates the puck up to turn it over as soon as he crosses the blueline. That is not play making. At least Myers can protect the puck when he does it.

Yes... Roy skates the puck up to turn it over as soon as he crosses the blueline. That is not play making. At least Myers can protect the puck when he does it.

So you agree? At least Roy knows where the center of the ice is. Please don't make me defend him.

Interesting stat. In Sabres wins, Roy has 19 points in those 18 games. In the Sabres 22 losses, Roy has 5 points. This seems to go against the whole thing about the Sabres being better without Roy and it not being a coincidence. The numbers seem to say, for this year at last, that the Sabres go when Roy goes, or more clearly that they don't go when Roy doesn't.

The numbers don't say the same thing in for Vanek and Pominville, however. Vanek has 24 points in the wins and 16 in the losses, while Pommer has 24 and 18.

Not exactly sure what to make of this, but it certainly is interesting.

Or you could say that Van and Pom's points are added to what Roy has scored? They are scoring almost at the same rate in games that the Sabres eventually win, just not even close in the losses. I'm not that focused on the points scored in wins, because it makes sense that you win games when your best players score. But the discrepancy in losses just seems odd.

Or you could say that Van and Pom's points are added to what Roy has scored? They are scoring almost at the same rate in games that the Sabres eventually win, just not even close in the losses. I'm not that focused on the points scored in wins, because it makes sense that you win games when your best players score. But the discrepancy in losses just seems odd.

Those two score every game. They are essentially guaranteed on a nightly basis. They're the base.

No. I think that we only win when we have secondary scoring. Roy represents that secondary scoring. And he's not doing enough of it.

I agree he's not doing enough of it. I just can't figure out why there is such a correlation between Roy not scoring and the Sabres losing, compared to the other guys on this team.

Archived