Injury Report: Myers, Ehrhoff and Hecht

spndnchz

Is it wrong to blame this injury on Ruff? This is not the first time Erhoff has fought this year, he's dropped the gloves at least three times now. If you're an NHL coach, do you really think it's okay that your 40 million dollar puck-moving defenseman is fighting more than anyone else on the team?

Hey Ruff, next time, pull him to the side, tell him to stop, and let Kaleta, McCormick and Gaustad know that they need to step it up.

If they fight, blame Ruff.

If they don't fight, blame Ruff.

If they fight, blame Ruff.

If they don't fight, blame Ruff.

Maybe if the right guys fight no one gets blamed?

Just putting it out there.

Just so Kaleta gets a little love in the fighting category ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-j25y0Mkxk

What happened to these Sabres?

Howinthehell do you mess up your ribs in that altercation? :doh:

Maybe he pulled a muscle straining to wrestle him to the ice?

Not too many here were high on the team in December 2010, either.

And they rewarded OSP with 3 home playoff games........those were the days!

I haven't allowed them to use injuries as an excuse because for the most part the guys injured were inconsequential.

Now they have an injury problem.

Myers, Ehrhoff and Sekera out weeks is going to be bad.

What do you do? Pair Regehr and Leopold and play them 26 a game? That might make the most sense. Weber Gragnani get 20 and McNabb Brennan 14.

I haven't allowed them to use injuries as an excuse because for the most part the guys injured were inconsequential.

What do you do? Pair Regehr and Leopold and play them 26 a game? That might make the most sense. Weber Gragnani get 20 and McNabb Brennan 14.

LR said they will all get the same ice time.

LR said they will all get the same ice time.

We shall see.

The difference between up until now, and now, is that for the most part you have been missing filler and most of the damage was up front to guys who couldn't score anyway. Now you are missing what have been your #2,3,4 defensemen. There is ability on the ice, but this team was already in panic mode so I don't see cohesion coming out of thin air. Lindy's in Weber's head and he has been subpar, or else I wouldn't be as worried. Confidence tends to shatter when you are sat the first 25% of the season and yanked again after being given one game.

I agree with this for the most part. I was loathe to blame injuries mostly because other than Leino and Boyes, the forwards that were out weren't guys that were expected to be a big part of the success of the team And Leino and Boyes weren't really showing much before they went down so how can you say they were badly missed? Now we have 3 key defenders out and the game changes alot more.

Maybe if the right guys fight no one gets blamed?

Just putting it out there.

What happened to these Sabres?

Maybe he pulled a muscle straining to wrestle him to the ice?

It still makes no sense for blaming the coach for a players lack of judgement. These things happen.

Why again does he have a roster spot?

Kaleta is a decent pest in the Avery-without-being-a-loathesome-cockroach mould. I also think he has a little skill, enough for a 3/4th line RW. Infact his probably been one of our most consistent players, when in. Mccormick, however, I see no use in.

It still makes no sense for blaming the coach for a players lack of judgement. These things happen.

Kaleta is a decent pest in the Avery-without-being-a-loathesome-cockroach mould. I also think he has a little skill, enough for a 3/4th line RW. Infact his probably been one of our most consistent players, when in. Mccormick, however, I see no use in.

I'll disagree on your assessment of Kaleta and leave it at we can hash it out in a more appropriate thread. :D

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that Pittsburgh is a far better team than the Sabres when healthy and a far better team when they're not.

GO SABRES!!!

I haven't read the whole thread but I'll go out on a limb here and say Pittsburgh is a far better coached team than Buffalo with all the injuries and without.

I haven't read the whole thread but I'll go out on a limb here and say Pittsburgh is a far better coached team than Buffalo with all the injuries and without.

I don't necessarily disagree. But for the sake of argument, who wins a seven game series if Lindy coaches the Penguins against the Blysma coached Sabres?

GO SABRES!!!

I don't necessarily disagree. But for the sake of argument, who wins a seven game series if Lindy coaches the Penguins against the Blysma coached Sabres?

GO SABRES!!!

mmm, good point. Lindy has longevity and Blysma has a cup. I still think coaching their respective teams with injuries or without,Blysma is the better coach. For example. If Pittsburgh had the injuries its had when they were at their worst this season against the Sabres when they were at their healthiest I still think the Pens have a good chance to beat Lindys team. Maybe I'm wrong but I see more of a consistant effort game in and game out from the Pens. I also like their style. Even when Crosby was out and they weren't relying on him.

I'll add that in a seven game series I haven't a clue with the swapping of coaches. Would the pens adopt Lindys style? Could the sabres play Blysmas? Or would both coaches change it up based on the talent they had. Pittsburgh never seemed to miss a beat with their injuries. Buffalo on the other hand? Its hard to say.

GO SABRES!!!

Amen. How about the Lindy-coached Red Wings against the Babcock-coached Sabres? Etc.

How about the Lindy coached Sabres vs the Bylsma coached Sabres??

That one would settle it. Something tells me the Blysma coached Sabres that have tuned Lindy out would catch fire and out grit, out hit, out work and out score Lindys bunch hands down. Especially on home ice. But its fun to dream isn't it?

mmm, good point. Lindy has longevity and Blysma has a cup. I still think coaching their respective teams with injuries or without,Blysma is the better coach. For example. If Pittsburgh had the injuries its had when they were at their worst this season against the Sabres when they were at their healthiest I still think the Pens have a good chance to beat Lindys team. Maybe I'm wrong but I see more of a consistant effort game in and game out from the Pens. I also like their style. Even when Crosby was out and they weren't relying on him.

I'll add that in a seven game series I haven't a clue with the swapping of coaches. Would the pens adopt Lindys style? Could the sabres play Blysmas? Or would both coaches change it up based on the talent they had. Pittsburgh never seemed to miss a beat with their injuries. Buffalo on the other hand? Its hard to say.

Amen. How about the Lindy-coached Red Wings against the Babcock-coached Sabres? Etc.

How about the Lindy coached Sabres vs the Bylsma coached Sabres??

Cool discussion didn't see this till now. Since I live in Pittsburgh and consequently see a lot of Penguins hockey i feel compelled to comment.

IMO Some additional distinctions need to be made here beyond the head coach. Just look at the assistant coaches(Granato and Reirdan), goaltending(Melloche) and front office experience throughout the organization. The head coach gets credit or blame for that good bad or indifferent. I would take Pittsburgh coaching staff as a whole over Buffalo's and expect better results just given their experience.

Same holds for Detroit. While their assistants are not NHL experienced look them up and you see they had winning head coaching experience at the AHL and Junior levels.

What's the sum total of Lindy's coaching staffs experience before their were Sabres coaches ?

Does Buffalo promote the quality coaches they have had at AHL or Junior levels up to assistants on the big club ? No they let other NHL teams hire them away and give them their chance(Dineen most recently, Cunneyworth before that, and other's over the last 14 years).

Is Lindy so insecure in his job that he cannot allow other experienced voices into the room ? Is it my way or the highway ?

Clearly I would take Detroits or Pittsburgh coaching staffs and expect better results because the quality of their staffs overall are better period.

That one would settle it. Something tells me the Blysma coached Sabres that have tuned Lindy out would catch fire and out grit, out hit, out work and out score Lindys bunch hands down. Especially on home ice. But its fun to dream isn't it?

I bet they'd all just get hurt.

You're probably right...they'd all get hurt, which brings another question to mind...is this team out of shape, trying too hard to be something it isn't or what exactly is leading to all our injuries? I am well aware that there are lots of injuries everywhere throughout the league, but we seem to be getting more then our share...

Archived