Injury Report: Myers, Ehrhoff and Hecht

spndnchz

Kris Baker points out 6 2008 draft picks now on Sabres roster.

@SabresProspects The Sabres will now have their first three picks from '08 (Myers, Ennis, Adam) and '09 (Kassian, McNabb, Foligno) in the lineup. It's 2011.

Yes, but that doesn't effect our top 5 forwards at all.

GO SABRES!!!

You do realize jhow easy it is to shut down one line every night right? Just ask Ottawa the past few years.

@SabresProspects The Sabres will now have their first three picks from '08 (Myers, Ennis, Adam) and '09 (Kassian, McNabb, Foligno) in the lineup. It's 2011.

Yeah, that would be Kris.

Yep, Just wanted to share the tweet. It's kind of cool to have 6 players drafted from 08-09 up with the big club, but it kind of sucks too knowing they got to the NHL due to injuries. Still really good drafting, Most teams are lucky to have 1 player make the NHL from any given draft.

You do realize jhow easy it is to shut down one line every night right? Just ask Ottawa the past few years.

Yeah, but it's not as though that one line doesn't know each other and haven't played together since Rochester. Actually, I don't know why Lindy bothers with more than two lines in the first place.

GO SABRES!!!

Yep, Just wanted to share the tweet. It's kind of cool to have 6 players drafted from 08-09 up with the big club, but it kind of sucks too knowing they got to the NHL due to injuries. Still really good drafting, Most teams are lucky to have 1 player make the NHL from any given draft.

Careful there, Mox. Some around here might think you're actually giving the FO credit for a portion of their jobs well done.

GO SABRES!!!

Problem is, there is no one left to come to Sabres of any worth and no one left in Rachacha to play for the Amerks fans.

Yeah, but it's not as though that one line doesn't know each other and haven't played together since Rochester. Actually, I don't know why Lindy bothers with more than two lines in the first place.

GO SABRES!!!

Maybe this was the case, but now we've got Chewie centering Vanek and Pommers. Gaustad centering Adam and Kassian. Roy centering Whitmore and Stafford.

Problem is, there is no one left to come to Sabres of any worth and no one left in Rachacha to play for the Amerks fans.

Maybe this was the case, but now we've got Chewie centering Vanek and Pommers. Gaustad centering Adam and Kassian. Roy centering Whitmore and Stafford.

This has to be unprecedented. I can't recall anything like this ever happening before. I'm too lazy to do the research, but did Pittsburgh have as many AHLers in their lineup at one time due to their injuries? Or was it a case of getting guys back only to have different guys go out, etc.?

Well, it can't get any worse, right?

Right?

GO SABRES!!!

This has to be unprecedented. I can't recall anything like this ever happening before. I'm too lazy to do the research, but did Pittsburgh have as many AHLers in their lineup at one time due to their injuries? Or was it a case of getting guys back only to have different guys go out, etc.?

Well, it can't get any worse, right?

Right?

GO SABRES!!!

I seem to remember that the season immediately after John Tucker was drafted by Buffalo that he ended up on the Sabres roster mid-season due to an emergency recall. I don't remember the exact rules for emergency recall but basically the team needed to use up all of its reasonable options to replace injured players before being able to promote a player from juniors.

I seem to remember that the season immediately after John Tucker was drafted by Buffalo that he ended up on the Sabres roster mid-season due to an emergency recall. I don't remember the exact rules for emergency recall but basically the team needed to use up all of its reasonable options to replace injured players before being able to promote a player from juniors.

I just remember him sucking.

he was brought in to be the rough and tumble banger so he is doing his job. the others are doing their jobs too seeing as how they are all "offensive minded" blueliners

:sick: offensive defensemen still have to play defense.

Yearly hit total:

Regehr: 80 hits in 31 games

Ehrhoff, Sekera, Myers, Leopold, Gragnani: 81 hits in 142 games

This is my guilty pleasure stat that I will update accordingly........

That stat tells it all. My favorite player on this team in Regher. Ideally i'd like to root for a team that can beat you on the scoreboard and on the ice night in and night out. Physicality doesn't slump even when scoring does.

... Physicality doesn't slump even when scoring does.

This can't be said enough. And it's this aspect of the team that bothers me most. I can accept losing games; it's athletic competition, it happens. But to not let your opponent know they've been in a game is unforgivable. And when two of your A captains are the biggest culprits, well it doesn't take a genius to figure out what that leads to.

I choose to see these injuries as a double edged sword. Right now, Lindy is handcuffed by sheer numbers and that limits the ability to make significant roster changes at the moment. But the injuries are also a proving ground for rookies to make Lindy's decision that much easier when everybody's healthy. Kassian is a top 6 forward. Gee, who does he replace? Center is a bit trickier at the moment, but moving Roy is addition by subtraction anyway.

And if Stafford and Roy should go on and become perennial All-star, 100 point producers with other teams I won't bat an eye and miss them at all. They've given us nothing else to go on at the present. We'll just have to let the 20/20 hindsight geniuses have their day if that's the case.

GO SABRES!!!

This can't be said enough. And it's this aspect of the team that bothers me most. I can accept losing games; it's athletic competition, it happens. But to not let your opponent know they've been in a game is unforgivable. And when two of your A captains are the biggest culprits, well it doesn't take a genius to figure out what that leads to.

I choose to see these injuries as a double edged sword. Right now, Lindy is handcuffed by sheer numbers and that limits the ability to make significant roster changes at the moment. But the injuries are also a proving ground for rookies to make Lindy's decision that much easier when everybody's healthy. Kassian is a top 6 forward. Gee, who does he replace? Center is a bit trickier at the moment, but moving Roy is addition by subtraction anyway.

And if Stafford and Roy should go on and become perennial All-star, 100 point producers with other teams I won't bat an eye and miss them at all. They've given us nothing else to go on at the present. We'll just have to let the 20/20 hindsight geniuses have their day if that's the case.

If this happens, then Ruff has a lot to explain.

Archived