Injury Report: Myers, Ehrhoff and Hecht

spndnchz

(BTW, since we changed to the new board software, I don't see the way to "name" the links with a catchy title -- i.e. it looks like the only way to display a link is with the full URL. Am I missing something?)

If you type out the link text, highlight the chunk that you want as the hyperlink, then click the Link button, that works. For example, below I typed "Don't click this!" as text in my reply, then highlighted the chunk of text, then clicked the Link button above and entered the URL.

Your injury list consists of: 140 Games Played 14 Goals 29 Assists 43 Points -15

Your most recent returns of Boyes, Hecht, Kaleta and McCormick accounted for: 79 Games Played 7 Goals 10 Assists 17 Points -11

Vanek, Roy, Pominville, Stafford, Gaustad, Ehrhoff, Regehr, Leopold, Sekera, Lieno, Miller, have missed a total of 23 Games the ENTIRE SEASON and account for 70% of your salary cap, 100% of your captancies, and 50% the roster spaces

Ladies and gentlemen..............

Reality bites.

Your injury list consists of: 140 Games Played 14 Goals 29 Assists 43 Points -15

Your most recent returns of Boyes, Hecht, Kaleta and McCormick accounted for: 79 Games Played 7 Goals 10 Assists 17 Points -11

Vanek, Roy, Pominville, Stafford, Gaustad, Ehrhoff, Regehr, Leopold, Sekera, Lieno, Miller, have missed a total of 23 Games the ENTIRE SEASON and account for 70% of your salary cap, 100% of your captancies, and 50% the roster spaces

Ladies and gentlemen..............

Reality bites.

Except for the Myers injury the Sabres have been really lucky that the injury bug has been pretty much contained to the bottom of the roster.

I laughed.

I laughed as well (Kaleta's best days are behind him and he's not going to make anyone better when he gets back), but what needs to be added is that chemistry is real. One of Lindy's bigest faults as far as I'm concerned is his constant line changing that doesn't allow it to happen.

I just don't even know what to say anymore, honestly. Horrible luck with injuries/bad bounces. A complacent front office and coaching staff that doesn't want to admit their team is not as good as they thought.

But don't worry, we'll continue to pour our money into "hockey heaven" just to watch mediocre and ridiculously boring play.

Boos do not even suffice anymore.

Watch the fight. Ehrhoff is leaning WAAAYYYYY over trying to take down Brouwer. As they both begin to fall Brouwer lands a punch to Ehrhoff's head and his head is driven into the ice hard.

My bet is concussion, not shoulder.

Is it wrong to blame this injury on Ruff? This is not the first time Erhoff has fought this year, he's dropped the gloves at least three times now. If you're an NHL coach, do you really think it's okay that your 40 million dollar puck-moving defenseman is fighting more than anyone else on the team?

Hey Ruff, next time, pull him to the side, tell him to stop, and let Kaleta, McCormick and Gaustad know that they need to step it up.

Is it wrong to blame this injury on Ruff? This is not the first time Erhoff has fought this year, he's dropped the gloves at least three times now. If you're an NHL coach, do you really think it's okay that your 40 million dollar puck-moving defenseman is fighting more than anyone else on the team?

Hey Ruff, next time, pull him to the side, tell him to stop, and let Kaleta, McCormick and Gaustad know that they need to step it up.

I disagree. I want my main players to be man enough to handle their own ######. On the other hand, I would prefer the Gaustads and Kaletas of this team to give Brouwer a second go 'round. Let him know that after Ehrhoff they still have to answer to someone who can handle themselves.

Why do people bring up Kaleta with regards to fighting?

I disagree. I want my main players to be man enough to handle their own ######. On the other hand, I would prefer the Gaustads and Kaletas of this team to give Brouwer a second go 'round. Let him know that after Ehrhoff they still have to answer to someone who can handle themselves.

Maybe I'm missing all this hot Kaleta fighting. All I ever see him do is try to aggravate people with an occasional facewash.

Maybe I'm missing all this hot Kaleta fighting. All I ever see him do is try to aggravate people with an occasional facewash.

With his role he *should* be fighting. That's why I would bring him up.

He used to serve a purpose but the refs and the rest of the league figured out his act. Other than eating minutes on the PK, he is pretty much filler now. It's too bad because he used to bring a different energy. Even when he did "fight", it often ended in a turtle, a slewfoot, or him trying to drive the guy's head into the ice with his forearm after hanging on for dear life.

No, don't get wrong, I'm okay with anyone fighting (except for Vanek maybe). But my question is, when a 40 million dollar asset is fight every other game when his style of play is nothing like that, that's when Ruff needs to step up and say something.

I mentioned Kaleta because, IMO, an agitator should be able to back himself up with some fight ability, that's all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZG4-2zdua0

Watch the fight. Ehrhoff is leaning WAAAYYYYY over trying to take down Brouwer. As they both begin to fall Brouwer lands a punch to Ehrhoff's head and his head is driven into the ice hard.

My bet is concussion, not shoulder.

I agree. Saw it watching the game and said to myself "oh great another concussion". His head hit the ice hard.

Archived