2011-2012 Amerks Thread

LabattBlue

I read that Whitmore scored four goals, the first four-goal game by an Amerk since Jason Pominville scored five times against Cleveland on October 21, 2005.

Sa-weet.

The Amerks playing with 1/3 of an ECHL lineup. The kid stepped up and was getting major icetime due to the call ups. It's nice he's a local dude. Foligno was on a line with him and was also another beneficiary of the call ups. He seemed to take on Kassian's role and played it well. His skating is smooth for a big dude.

I read that Whitmore scored four goals, the first four-goal game by an Amerk since Jason Pominville scored five times against Cleveland on October 21, 2005.

Sa-weet.

When is he going to get his shot? He deserves at least a one game shot, especially with everything that's going down right now. He has consistently produced for 3+ years now. Reward the kid and send a message to the entire system.

The Sabres injuries are really catching up with Rochester. Their D tonight is Morrisson, Biega, Crawford, Fienhage, MacKenzie and Shiestal. Yikes!

The forwards look like Tropp, Stuart, Rankin, whitmore, Varone, Parker , Voakes, Foligno, legault, Chewy, Boychuk and legace.

The Sabres injuries are really catching up with Rochester. Their D tonight is Morrisson, Biega, Crawford, Fienhage, MacKenzie and Shiestal. Yikes!

The forwards look like Tropp, Stuart, Rankin, whitmore, Varone, Parker , Voakes, Foligno, legault, Chewy, Boychuk and legace.

Where are Chris Taylor and Rory Fitzpatrick when you really need them? :D

I may have to take a drive over that way to catch a game. I almost would rather have the situation you guys in Rochester have - low-cost, accessible AHL games and Sabres games on the TV, with an annual trek out to see the big club.

• 2 weeks later...

Some how many of these guys will soon be Amerks?

http://www.gwinnettg...e/team/team.asp

Heh, yeah. Rankin has done well since coming on board from ECHL, 10 points in 11 games. Not sure if he can get a call-up contractually ("25 game pro try-out"). Whitmore and Boychuk are my guesses. Foligno maybe. Next home game is Wednesday, at least our blue line is reasonably intact. Like the Sabres, hard to win with that many guys out.

Heh, yeah. Rankin has done well since coming on board from ECHL, 10 points in 11 games. Not sure if he can get a call-up contractually ("25 game pro try-out"). Whitmore and Boychuk are my guesses. Foligno maybe. Next home game is Wednesday, at least our blue line is reasonably intact. Like the Sabres, hard to win with that many guys out.

Yup. Looks like Whitmore and Foligno.

Yup. Looks like Whitmore and Foligno.

The good news is that Rochester has only one game this week and it is on Wednesday. If need be, Foligno and Whitmore could play with the Sabres on Tuesday, with the Amerks on Wednesday, and if still needed, drive to Toronto for the game on Thursday,

The good news is that Rochester has only one game this week and it is on Wednesday.

Guess who's going!! I hope they send em back but I'm not holding my breath.

http://www.gwinnettgladiators.com/site/team/team.asp

Hopefully none. I'm crossing my fingers or holding out hope they find another guy like Rankin who just needs a home. The uber Amerks-centric are not going to like the depleted line up. I've already heard it on Amerks postgame shows and that was three injuries ago.

http://www.gwinnettg...e/team/team.asp

Hopefully none - instead, I am hoping some of THESE GUYS will soon be amerks!

http://www.jackalshockey.com/roster

The assistant GM of the Jackals left Friday. On his way out the door, he said Pegula is buying the Jackals.

Archived