2011-2012 Amerks Thread

LabattBlue

How are they on bodies? It's only one game, but 2 simultaneous suspensions is never a good thing.

Micheal Ryan missed the last 2 games due to injury, and he will be back next game so they will help fill one spot. I think Matt Ellis may be back down with Rochester by the weekend too, because it appears Hecht is close to returning from the IR.

Micheal Ryan missed the last 2 games due to injury, and he will be back next game so they will help fill one spot. I think Matt Ellis may be back down with Rochester by the weekend too, because it appears Hecht is close to returning from the IR.

Yeah, that's definitely happening the second Hecht is back. And on that note, is anyone actually wearing the C in Rochester or is it waiting for Ellis?

Three game weekend for the Amerks...

Fri, Oct 21/11 7:35 pm EDT Hamilton at Rochester 7:35 pm EDT

Sat, Oct 22/11 3:00 pm EDT Rochester at Toronto 3:00 pm EDT

Sun, Oct 23/11 6:05 pm EDT Adirondack at Rochester 6:05 pm EDT

I expect a lot of first hand accounts from the two home games! :)

Three game weekend for the Amerks...

Fri, Oct 21/11 7:35 pm EDT Hamilton at Rochester 7:35 pm EDT

Sat, Oct 22/11 3:00 pm EDT Rochester at Toronto 3:00 pm EDT

Sun, Oct 23/11 6:05 pm EDT Adirondack at Rochester 6:05 pm EDT

I expect a lot of first hand accounts from the two home games! :)

These two on TV TWC channel 1026.

They have a good deal going on for Sundays game...

"The Rochester Americans announced today the team will host its fourth annual “Sweets in the Suites” promotion presented by TOPS Friendly Markets on Sunday, Oct. 23 when the Amerks host the Adirondack Phantoms at 6:05 p.m. at The Blue Cross Arena.

In the spirit of Halloween, any fan that comes to the game in costume can purchase a $10 ticket in the best available seating location."

For anyone with kids, they will also have trick or treating during the first intermission...

Tropp seems like he has enough skill to be a 2nd line/3rd line forward with a physical edge that would be welcomed in the top 6. If I remember correctly, he got kicked off the Michigan State team, but I don't remember the circumstances. I wonder if he has matured, and has his head on straight now.

Tropp seems like he has enough skill to be a 2nd line/3rd line forward with a physical edge that would be welcomed in the top 6. If I remember correctly, he got kicked off the Michigan State team, but I don't remember the circumstances. I wonder if he has matured, and has his head on straight now.

He was suspended for being nasty. He slashed a kid while he was down on the ice.

Ugly play.

You'll see it clearly at 1:06

And Tropp looked great on my TV last night. Findley looks pretty damn good too.

They brought him back the following season (where he lead the team in scoring), so he had to have done something right there.

He was suspended for being nasty. He slashed a kid while he was down on the ice.

Ugly play.

I totally forgot about that incident. Yikes.

Ugly play.

The other guy in this incident, Andrew Conboy actually played last night too, for Hamilton.

The other guy in this incident, Andrew Conboy actually played last night too, for Hamilton.

And it's not "just a kid" they did that to.

That was current Bruins defensemen Steve Kampfer.

Although, he was a kid at the time. Too bad he got jipped on getting his name on the Cup, but Savard did...

The boys were lousy tonight.

I think they had 8 power plays that they did not score on, including a 5 on 3 where they didn't even get one shot on goal.

Even gave up a shorty.

Foligno scored in his game back. Amerks lost 3-1, despite leading in shots 34-16.

The boys were lousy tonight.

I think they had 8 power plays that they did not score on, including a 5 on 3 where they didn't even get one shot on goal.

Even gave up a shorty.

Foligno scored in his game back. Amerks lost 3-1, despite leading in shots 34-16.

Frustrating. Amerks dominated play but couldn't score. Kassian, Tropp, foligno, and brennans touches lOoked dangerous - just didn't light the lamp

Frustrating. Amerks dominated play but couldn't score. Kassian, Tropp, foligno, and brennans touches lOoked dangerous - just didn't light the lamp

They have the potential to be pretty dangerous later in the year, IMO.

Those 4 have had very nice flashes, along with McNabb, Parker, and Finley. Turnbull has gotten nasty at times too.

They don't have enough playmaking in the middle of the ice.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived