GDT: Buffalo @ Los Angeles 10/8/11

LabattBlue

Well, got all four points out of Europe. I have come to the conclusion that Anze Kopitar is ridiculously talented both with his shot, his playmaking ability, and he's got great moves. I knew all of this, but my goodness, he's a talent to watch.

Aside from that, I felt the Sabres outworked the Kings today, and the Vanek-Adam-Pominville line really were beasts in the offensive zone with an aggressive forecheck and were extremely hardworking in the offensive zone. I don't think Adam can be sent to the AHL now. He played extremely well today and that line has played well both games.

Miller came up big with some big saves mostly. Good game all around and a good start to the season.

Well, got all four points out of Europe. I have come to the conclusion that Anze Kopitar is ridiculously talented both with his shot, his playmaking ability, and he's got great moves. I knew all of this, but my goodness, he's a talent to watch.

Yeah.. I agree... Kopitar is a true star...

Richards hit Sekera in the head along the boards with about 5 to go, then Sekera got him back with the hip check. Richards is a nasty bit of work. He didn't hit Sekera hard in the head but he went after it.

And Stoll will be suspended.

For what? I musta missed it.

edit: oh the ehrhoff hit eh? I didn't get a good look at it. I saw it happen live and didn't see anything, but I was looking away when they showed the replay. Was it a bad hit? Nobody from the Sabres seemed to make much out of it...

Richards hit Sekera in the head along the boards with about 5 to go, then Sekera got him back with the hip check. Richards is a nasty bit of work. He didn't hit Sekera hard in the head but he went after it.

If Stoll is suspended, then I have confidence they will enforce it all season. I'm not convinced... If he is, I say 1 game..

As for Luke Adam, two pretty strong games to start the season. Would have liked to see him not fan on those two wide open opportunities he had but I don't blame him. The hat trick probably got into his head a little bit, feeling to pressure to score a third but also not wanting to look greedy haha. He also didn't seem to get much ice time in the third period.

AVP no longer means Alex Van Pelt in Buffalo.

They played like MVPs in these first two games.

Great start to the year - maybe the only thing people will have to complain about this year is MSG.

This team is only 2 games in but man do they look like a team that is hungry to win for each other and more importantly their owner. Thank you Mr. Pegula. On a side note I sure am glad I grabbed Kopitar for my fantasy pool. It's early but Luke Adam is in the rookie race. Is he eligible?

This team is only 2 games in but man do they look like a team that is hungry to win for each other and more importantly their owner. Thank you Mr. Pegula. On a side note I sure am glad I grabbed Kopitar for my fantasy pool. It's early but Luke Adam is in the rookie race. Is he eligible?

he sure is

You're right ... but I have found myself thinking that with the defense, but can I say ... I think I'll be real disappointed if Buffalo ever lets up 3 goals. If Miller sees it, he'll stop it and so far the 3 goals have not so much been his fault.

Bring it home for a spectacular home opener!

You're right ... but I have found myself thinking that with the defense, but can I say ... I think I'll be real disappointed if Buffalo ever lets up 3 goals. If Miller sees it, he'll stop it and so far the 3 goals have not so much been his fault.

Bring it home for a spectacular home opener!

...and here we go again! Miller has and never will let in a goal that was on him. It is always someone else fault whenever a goal is scored on him. What do you people smoke?

I just came back from the game.

it was really exciting, the atmosphere was fine and a lot of Austrian Vanek fans were in the arena.

LA was a better oponent than the ducks yesterday, and i think the goalie was the difference maker today.

I saw some awesome Miller saves but none from LAs keeper.

There were a lot more fights on the boards than yesterday and our D looks very stable.

Gragnani and Sekera were on three goals on the ice, so great job from those two. I like Gragnanis overview it is very fine what he is playing. The other pairs i liked todax also very much

AVP was great, Kaleta Gaustad Cody were energizing. I still think that roy, Stafford and Gerbe don't work very well. Leino Boyes and Ennis didn't show so much today.

Now come back to Buffalo tank some energy and start to dominate the play on the small ice.

it was really exciting, the atmosphere was fine and a lot of Austrian Vanek fans were in the arena.

LA was a better oponent than the ducks yesterday, and i think the goalie was the difference maker today.

There were a lot more fights on the boards than yesterday and our D looks very stable.

Gragnani and Sekera were on three goals on the ice, so great job from those two. I like Gragnanis overview it is very fine what he is playing. The other pairs i liked todax also very much

AVP was great, Kaleta Gaustad Cody were energizing. I still think that roy, Stafford and Gerbe don't work very well. Leino Boyes and Ennis didn't show so much today.

Now come back to Buffalo tank some energy and start to dominate the play on the small ice.

Very cool that you were able to go to your first NHL game.

Sounded to me like there was a pro-Buffalo crowd until the third, when the unaffiliated may have wanted to see a comeback.

Also, I thought the ice for this game was NHL-sized ice, unlike the game in Mannheim, no?

Awesome. Another great report. Please keep it coming if you ever see a guy like Arnia in person.

Leino and Roy were just OK today...

...but I sure like Leino, Roy, Adam and Gaustad better than Connolly Boyes, Neidermayer and Gaustad.

Right on.

Archived