GDT: Buffalo @ Los Angeles 10/8/11

LabattBlue

As far as Luke Adam it is the profile of the line that I really like. By having him post in the middle of the slot, the defender has to make a choice - leave Vanek alone or leave Vanek to help a forward to defend Adams 15 ft wrister.

I think this is pretty key. I go back to when Roy was with Vanek, TV would always post up in front of the net while Roy would carry the puck around. The opposing D didn't have this sort of either or choice and would just blanket TV. The Sabres had to force it to TV or take point shots to get him involved.

Forcing the dman to make a quick decision results in way more errors and scoring chances :thumbsup:

If I may interrupt the battle of the "snow" people...

I like Luke Adam's play so far, but the message on him has to be, "He stays up as long as he is playing well, but if he slides, we field the best lineup every night and he doesn't need to clear waivers to play a couple weeks in Rochester."

He's just a kid, and he's not Tyler Myers...yet. If we get into January and he hasn't seen any bad droughts, then fine, we'll start talking Calder and how we're stealing a 1st line center for less than $1M.

:lol: Priceless...

I just saw a pic in todays Buffalo News of the Sabres in some sort of celebration with the fans immediately after the game. Was this televised on MSG?

I do not recall seeing that end of game celebration on the MSG broadcast, but I did see it on NHL On The Fly. I thought it was great!

I am really hoping they bring it back home and start doing it after wins at the F'N Center...

I just saw a pic in todays Buffalo News of the Sabres in some sort of celebration with the fans immediately after the game. Was this televised on MSG?Unfortunately, the pic I am referring to is not on the News website. The celebration is referenced in this article...http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article588056.eceAlthough the Sabres were eager to put aside strenuous travel and get home to family and friends, it also was obvious they didn't want to leave. The team extended its postgame celebration following Saturday night's 4-2 victory over Los Angeles in Berlin, embracing the crowd that welcomed them.The Germans in Mannheim and Berlin made the Sabres feel at home, so much so that the players adopted their party methods. The Sabres gathered at center ice, then coasted toward the end of the rink while hunched over, their fingers wiggling faster as the hum of the fans grew louder. Three rapid arm raises by the players accompanied three quick shouts, each side concluding the ceremony by applauding the other. The Sabres did the same thing at the opposite end of the rink."I think they wanted to keep going to every corner," left wing Thomas Vanek said. "If you keep winning, you have to enjoy it."

Thanks for posting the article.

Yeah the extra celebration as thank you for the pro Buffalo crowd in Berlin was really cool. In Germany and other European country it is " normal" for the home team to say thank you to their fans, especially after a win.

I never would have dreamed of to cry "Lets go Buffalo" with the majority of the arena in Berlin during the whole game.

Also that the die hard Mannheim fans chanted "Lets go Buffalo" after the game against the Adler Mannheim ( i think as thank you for Buffalo to show their A game) was absolutely unexpected..

I can tell you that i was really happy. This i will never forget.

And i promis, if i have the possibility to travel to Buffalo and see a hockey game i will make party there too.

By the way: in soccer the spectators are called as the extra man on the field.

And i believe that this is right. You really can cry, scream, chant, party your team to victories over better teams. You can change the momentum of the game as a crowd of spectators.

Thanks for posting the article.

Yeah the extra celebration as thank you for the pro Buffalo crowd in Berlin was really cool. In Germany and other European country it is " normal" for the home team to say thank you to their fans, especially after a win.

I never would have dreamed of to cry "Lets go Buffalo" with the majority of the arena in Berlin during the whole game.

Also that the die hard Mannheim fans chanted "Lets go Buffalo" after the game against the Adler Mannheim ( i think as thank you for Buffalo to show their A game) was absolutely unexpected..

And i promis, if i have the possibility to travel to Buffalo and see a hockey game i will make party there too.

By the way: in soccer the spectators are called as the extra man on the field.

And i believe that this is right. You really can cry, scream, chant, party your team to victories over better teams. You can change the momentum of the game as a crowd of spectators.

What is it the crowd chants when the players go to the ends with the whole three time hand raising thing?

No no! He's another Spezza! If not another Crosby! Don't be such a hater!

You are of course 100% correct about keeping some perspective on Adam. I think with him it will come down to whether he is coachable enough to learn how to hold up his end on the backcheck. He certainly seems to have very good hockey IQ in the offensive zone. If he continues to develop his all-around game, then suddenly the Sabres seem to have a very dangerous "top" line.

I can't remember a defensive pairing on the Sabres that could move it around on the offensive blue line as well as those 2 are doing it. And they're the 3rd pair!

If MAG keeps it up, he's not going to see the press box, and he is going to see mucho PP time.

Holy mackerel I'm psyched about this team.

Said it all better than I could have. Good post.

snip

snip

1:15 in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ5jZKa39Yw

What is it the crowd chants when the players go to the ends with the whole three time hand raising thing?

Oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (arms in front, the player do it also, players come to your curve, sometimes the can go for more than a minute ). hey ! ( arms up with the team), hey, hey, start cheering as you want or repeat.

I know it is easy, but it is fun!

i have to write it here: you are a youtube magician. You find a clip for every topic. Thanks for this one too.

Oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (arms in front, the player do it also, players come to your curve, sometimes the can go for more than a minute ). hey ! ( arms up with the team), hey, hey, start cheering as you want or repeat.

I know it is easy, but it is fun!

We should do the same cheer, but instead of Hey! Hey! Hey!", we could chant "Buff! A! Lo!"

Chz, make it happen.

That was awesome. Would have been nice if the players came back out for kind of an encore skate once the chant started, you know? Maybe thrown some tee shirts or pucks into the crowd or something. Either way that was awesome.

In BerlinVanek and Adam threw their sticks and their protection gauntlets ( sorry i don't know the right word forthem) in the crowd after their star of the game nomination.

Christan Ehrhoff did this too, together with Adam.

I believe he threw every stick he had into the crowd.

In Germany you do this after an extrem amazing game or if you just won a championship. This is very rare for us too.

In BerlinVanek and Adam threw their sticks and their protection gauntlets ( sorry i don't know the right word forthem) in the crowd after their star of the game nomination.

Christan Ehrhoff did this too, together with Adam.

I believe he threw every stick he had into the crowd.

In Germany you do this after an extrem amazing game or if you just won a championship. This is very rare for us too.

I smell a shannytube video.

On 10/8/11 an incident occured in berlin where luke adam threw his stick into the crowd, impaling a fan... :o

Archived