GDT: Buffalo @ Los Angeles 10/8/11

LabattBlue

Went down to see the game at the Aud with the family.

Great time, and I was truly surprised, as I stated I would be if we came close to duplicating our efforts yesterday.

Looks like Adam will be a fixture, although he needs to work on his stickhandling. He obviously has the size and it now appears the "knack" for knowing where to be at the right time.

Good game from the entire squad, although Roy again was quieter than normal - and lost on that last LA goal. Perhaps his injury isn't fully healed...at least I hope that's it or that he's a slow starter. No chemistry with his linemates. Ditto for Ennis.

On the other hand, Vanek, Pominville, Leino, Gerbe all look in top form and I have no problems with the defense at all.

Now they have time to rest up and get ready for the grind of the season. I must say that I am impressed...more than I expected to be. They might even win the division!

"Vanek traveled alone for the Austrians to over 2000 people country, which left the striker does not naturally cold"

Awesome. I've always (secretly) known that Austria has more than 2000 people. This just validates it. And we all knew, of course, that Vanek definitely doesn't cold. At least not naturally.

Translate Google love I.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.hockeyweb.de/home/artikel/news/beeindruckende-nhl-nacht-in-berlin/

"Vanek traveled alone for the Austrians to over 2000 people country, which left the striker does not naturally cold"

Awesome. I've always (secretly) known that Austria has more than 2000 people. This just validates it. And we all knew, of course, that Vanek definitely doesn't cold. At least not naturally.

Translate Google love I.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.hockeyweb.de/home/artikel/news/beeindruckende-nhl-nacht-in-berlin/

+21...for those who think that google is taking over the world, one only needs to read their translations from German to English.

...and here we go again! Miller has and never will let in a goal that was on him. It is always someone else fault whenever a goal is scored on him. What do you people smoke?

Are you stupid? Have you seen the goals against him? A faceoff loss while he was screened, a 5-4 but really a 5-3 bc goose had no stick, and an amazing pass in front to a man left wideeeee open. So refresh my mind, how are they his fault? Get ur facts right kid

Very cool that you were able to go to your first NHL game.Sounded to me like there was a pro-Buffalo crowd until the third, when the unaffiliated may have wanted to see a comeback. Also, I thought the ice for this game was NHL-sized ice, unlike the game in Mannheim, no?

Yeahh! I hope they will come again in a few seasons.

For me it was the whole game a pro Sabres fan crowd, There was cheering for the La goals too and we alll jumped up when there nearly was a fight ( we don't see them in Europe, because the referes stop them accordingly.), but alltogether i was surprised about how many Austrian fans were there

About the ice size: i am not 100%sure but for me it seems to be the European size.

During he warmup i had to look twice on the LA jerseys. They realy made their warmup with the local team jersey of the "Eisbären Berlin". I learned from some people behind me that the owner group of LA and Eisbären Berlin and of the two arenas, Staples center and O2 arena, is the same.

One thing i forgot to mention in the first post. I had the feeling that we lost the majority of the face-offs. Can anyone post the stats?

I hope i can watch the game next Friday at gamecenter.

Yeahh! I hope they will come again in a few seasons.

For me it was the whole game a pro Sabres fan crowd, There was cheering for the La goals too and we alll jumped up when there nearly was a fight ( we don't see them in Europe, because the referes stop them accordingly.), but alltogether i was surprised about how many Austrian fans were there

For me one of the coolest things was one of the fights early on in the game. It was pretty much nothing but it was when McCormick and Kaleta got into it with i believe Richards line, and they were by the boards. That entire end got up, people were smiling, pointing and from the tv angle, like 15 cameras in the air taking pictures. For us, it was just a little scrum, but for them it meant the world. We brought the NHL to Germany and i think we have been very great ambassadors and promoters of our game over seas.

One thing i forgot to mention in the first post. I had the feeling that we lost the majority of the face-offs. Can anyone post the stats?

Looks like 29-61..

Leino:4-13 ... ooof

Gaustad: 11-18 .. What he does best

Roy: 5-10 .. 50%

Stafford: 0-1 .. sample size too low...

Pominville: 3-4 .. The Captain

Adam: 6-15 .. The rookie

So just about even.. Kings were 32-61

Are you stupid? Have you seen the goals against him? A faceoff loss while he was screened, a 5-4 but really a 5-3 bc goose had no stick, and an amazing pass in front to a man left wideeeee open. So refresh my mind, how are they his fault? Get ur facts right kid

Not as stupid as you! The first LA goal wasn't really his fault but he was deeked out of his jock, could have done better on that. Second not his fault at all. The Anaheim goal was all on him, weak wrist shot from the wall close to the blue line, he needs to stop that, not to mention 2 other wrist shots from the blue line that beat him but hit the post. So there you go, I guess this adult kid got his facts straight. Hey Snowmobilier97, it's a tough world out there isn't it when your as dumb as you are? I can throw insults around also, see!

Not as stupid as you! The first LA goal wasn't really his fault but he was deeked out of his jock, could have done better on that. Second not his fault at all. The Anaheim goal was all on him, weak wrist shot from the wall close to the blue line, he needs to stop that, not to mention 2 other wrist shots from the blue line that beat him but hit the post. So there you go, I guess this adult kid got his facts straight. Hey Snowmobilier97, it's a tough world out there isn't it when your as dumb as you are? I can throw insults around also, see!

This is not how we communicate on this board.

Yellowsnow -- you've been around long enough to know this.

I want to see IF Hecht gets back in:

Vanek Adam Pominville

Ennis Roy Stafford

Hecht Leino Boyes

Gerbe Goose Kaleta

love #1 & #4......i'd swap your 2nd & 3rd line centers...i'm down on Roy

Vanek Adam Pominville (Adam is your #1 center for $6 mil less than trading for Spezza).

Ennis Leino Stafford (clicked in preseason)

Hecht Roy Boyes (all three are trade bait)

Gerbe Goose Kaleta (this group really clicked in preseason)

McCormick (keeper, next man up)

Ellis (should be captain in Rochester)

This is not how we communicate on this board.

Yellowsnow -- you've been around long enough to know this.

Are you really telling a poster with a name of "don't eat yellow snow" to be the mature one? In all seriousness, Snow has a right to respond to a personal attack. If a poster is unable to handle an honest evaluation of this team he is one that needs to grow up.

love #1 & #4......i'd swap your 2nd & 3rd line centers...i'm down on Roy

Vanek Adam Pominville (Adam is your #1 center for $6 mil less than trading for Spezza).

Ennis Leino Stafford (clicked in preseason)

Hecht Roy Boyes (all three are trade bait)

Gerbe Goose Kaleta (this group really clicked in preseason)

McCormick (keeper, next man up)

Ellis (should be captain in Rochester)

People need to take a step back when it comes to Luke Adam. Let the kid continue to develop before crushing him under the weight of expectations. It was not too long ago that both Paille and MacArthur both got off to greats starts only to be traded a year later.

Adam has made some nice plays and has made a real impact the first two games. Let's just remember he is still just a kid that needs to mature both physically and mentally (in regards to the NHL game).

I love how Sekera is sliding down to the halfwall when he has the puck. It is giving defenses fits. He can shoot, pass to the slot, pass it to the side of the net, or flip it back to MAG.

That's a good observation (one that I have made as well). As I've said in the past ... I'm not a huge fan of Sekera's. However, my opinion might change if he can stay healthy and continue along these lines.

Overall pleased with the victory against a team expected to challenge in the Western Conference, but there were a few to many "not out" calls by RJ when the Sabres were attempting to clear their zone.

As someone else mentioned, I am concerned how the Sabres are going to handle teams that forecheck relentlessly.

People need to take a step back when it comes to Luke Adam. Let the kid continue to develop before crushing him under the weight of expectations. It was not too long ago that both Paille and MacArthur both got off to greats starts only to be traded a year later.

Adam has made some nice plays and has made a real impact the first two games. Let's just remember he is still just a kid that needs to mature both physically and mentally (in regards to the NHL game).

Agreed but his game has made very solid strides in one year and he already brings a lot to the table....... :beer:

Agreed but his game has made very solid strides in one year and he already brings a lot to the table....... :beer:

Yout gotta love how he produced in Europe.

But I distinctly remember a play where he was caught in no mans land in our zone giving up a scoring chance.

And there were more than few times where he made I'll advised passes to Vanek and Pominville.

In other words, he's still got some learning to do, and there is a reason he got less ice time than most.

He looks good and I believe he will be a good NHLer, but I'm with Deluca. Hes not going to be two points a game for the rest of the year.

We have to give the kid some time to grow.

http://sport10.at/home/wintersport/eishockey/699495/VanekShow_Berlin-feiert-Buffalo?_vl_backlink=/home/wintersport/eishockey/699485/index.do&direct=699485

It's a very special time to be a Buffalo Sabre, especially the Germans and the Finns.. Check out these pics from the Berlin game...the headline: Berlin Celebrates Buffalo...A PR coup for the city of Buffalo.

Are you really telling a poster with a name of "don't eat yellow snow" to be the mature one? In all seriousness, Snow has a right to respond to a personal attack. If a poster is unable to handle an honest evaluation of this team he is one that needs to grow up.

That's fair but someone asking what 'people are smoking' is pretty immature. We really need that garbage off this board. I've got no problem with a debate but degrading comments like that are not welcome IMO.

No no! He's another Spezza! If not another Crosby! Don't be such a hater!

You are of course 100% correct about keeping some perspective on Adam. I think with him it will come down to whether he is coachable enough to learn how to hold up his end on the backcheck. He certainly seems to have very good hockey IQ in the offensive zone. If he continues to develop his all-around game, then suddenly the Sabres seem to have a very dangerous "top" line.

I love how Sekera is sliding down to the halfwall when he has the puck. It is giving defenses fits. He can shoot, pass to the slot, pass it to the side of the net, or flip it back to MAG.

I can't remember a defensive pairing on the Sabres that could move it around on the offensive blue line as well as those 2 are doing it. And they're the 3rd pair!

If MAG keeps it up, he's not going to see the press box, and he is going to see mucho PP time.

Holy mackerel I'm psyched about this team.

Archived