GDT: Buffalo @ Los Angeles 10/8/11

LabattBlue

People need to take a step back when it comes to Luke Adam. Let the kid continue to develop before crushing him under the weight of expectations. It was not too long ago that both Paille and MacArthur both got off to greats starts only to be traded a year later.

Adam has made some nice plays and has made a real impact the first two games. Let's just remember he is still just a kid that needs to mature both physically and mentally (in regards to the NHL game).

I hope that people are smart enough to remember that he's 21 years old, which puts him at least 5 years away from his prime as an NHL player. He's not going to average two points per game and he probably won't even average one point per game (because even that is super tough to do). At some point this season, he's going to look terrible. He may even get sent down again.

Still, it's awesome to see him take a step forward now and make the most of a huge opportunity (centering our best forward and the team captain). And I love his game. The Sabres are always about forwards who have a ton of skill and no size; Adam is a big guy who goes to the front of the net and scores ugly goals. (All of his goals as a Sabre have been ugly, if I'm remembering right.) It's something we've wanted for a long time.

I'm excited about him and excited to see how he develops.

This is not how we communicate on this board.

Yellowsnow -- you've been around long enough to know this.

Who is an admin on this board? I would like to file a complaint on this "yellowsnow" guy. 1. Look at his name 2. He can't spell for his life 3. I make an honest point, and he makes a personal attack on me. I'm just gonna be the bigger man and not even attack back. I'm not kidding either.

Who is an admin on this board? I would like to file a complaint on this "yellowsnow" guy. 1. Look at his name 2. He can't spell for his life 3. I make an honest point, and he makes a personal attack on me. I'm just gonna be the bigger man and not even attack back. I'm not kidding either.

YellowSnow hates Ryan Miller, so don't take it personally.

I want to see IF Hecht gets back in:

Vanek Adam Pominville

Ennis Roy Stafford

Hecht Leino Boyes

Gerbe Goose Kaleta

I think Leino and Ennis have more chemistry than Leion and Hecht or Roy and Ennis...

In all reality hecht may help Roy on that "3rd" line because I think Roy is playing a little tight and Hecht would add some good defensive forwardness but he can also pass and score... might work time shall tell.

The Adam line has 13pts in 2 games... that implies that there is something more going on there than just luck...

Airing dirty laundry is not the way to handle things either.

This was your first post towards him. Up until this post he was not directing his comments towards anyone specific. You are every bit as much to fault as he is.

Are you stupid? Have you seen the goals against him? A faceoff loss while he was screened, a 5-4 but really a 5-3 bc goose had no stick, and an amazing pass in front to a man left wideeeee open. So refresh my mind, how are they his fault? Get ur facts right kid

:rolleyes:

Gonna be one of these years, huh.

I think Leino and Ennis have more chemistry than Leion and Hecht or Roy and Ennis...

In all reality hecht may help Roy on that "3rd" line because I think Roy is playing a little tight and Hecht would add some good defensive forwardness but he can also pass and score... might work time shall tell.

The Adam line has 13pts in 2 games... that implies that there is something more going on there than just luck...

Magic? Voodoo? An ancient Mayan prophecy?

I hope that people are smart enough to remember that he's 21 years old, which puts him at least 5 years away from his prime as an NHL player. He's not going to average two points per game and he probably won't even average one point per game (because even that is super tough to do). At some point this season, he's going to look terrible. He may even get sent down again.

Still, it's awesome to see him take a step forward now and make the most of a huge opportunity (centering our best forward and the team captain). And I love his game. The Sabres are always about forwards who have a ton of skill and no size; Adam is a big guy who goes to the front of the net and scores ugly goals. (All of his goals as a Sabre have been ugly, if I'm remembering right.) It's something we've wanted for a long time.

I'm excited about him and excited to see how he develops.

If he remains on the top line and power play, it's very possible for him to be close to a point per game player.

He may only be 21, but plenty of players in hockey history were able to compete in the NHL at his age, or younger. Besides, he was AHL rookie of the year last year and dominated in Traverse City, so there really isn't too much more for him to pick up in the minors. It's time for him to continue his learning and development on this level.

Of course he will succumb to mistakes at times this year, but the benefit of having Vanek and Pommers on his side means they will be good at helping overcome those miscues.

I thought he looked great in both games. The only negative I saw, was that he looked extremely tired out there near the end, with about 7 mins left in the game.

Well, if u hate the goalie, that means u don't like many other players either.

yeah that's it! :wallbash:

Hey!! U didn't insult any1 in that comment!! Good job!!

R U an english TEACH? Idk/idc.

i swear, it's like watching my 5 and 7 year old girls fight each other with their stuffed animals. they're mad as hell, but they're about as damaging as throwing packing peanuts at one another.

knock yourselves out. please.

If I may interrupt the battle of the "snow" people...

I like Luke Adam's play so far, but the message on him has to be, "He stays up as long as he is playing well, but if he slides, we field the best lineup every night and he doesn't need to clear waivers to play a couple weeks in Rochester."

He's just a kid, and he's not Tyler Myers...yet. If we get into January and he hasn't seen any bad droughts, then fine, we'll start talking Calder and how we're stealing a 1st line center for less than $1M.

As far as Luke Adam it is the profile of the line that I really like. By having him post in the middle of the slot, the defender has to make a choice - leave Vanek alone or leave Vanek to help a forward to defend Adams 15 ft wrister.

I think also that for the first time in years, Adam is large center who can push people around and that helps clear room for Vanek to do his thing. Adam might be good for the whole season on that line if he is able to continue to work the way he has. As for his mistakes, he is a rookie so I think with time that will start to correct itself... Kid could be something very good and like other lines around the NHL it just works. (Remember Vanek is the star of that line so Adam doesn't have to be, Like Kesler in Vancouver then they dump some decent wingers with him and it works.)

i swear, it's like watching my 5 and 7 year old girls fight each other with their stuffed animals. they're mad as hell, but they're about as damaging as throwing packing peanuts at one another.

knock yourselves out. please.

:clapping:

I just saw a pic in todays Buffalo News of the Sabres in some sort of celebration with the fans immediately after the game. Was this televised on MSG?

Unfortunately, the pic I am referring to is not on the News website. The celebration is referenced in this article...

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article588056.ece

Although the Sabres were eager to put aside strenuous travel and get home to family and friends, it also was obvious they didn't want to leave. The team extended its postgame celebration following Saturday night's 4-2 victory over Los Angeles in Berlin, embracing the crowd that welcomed them.

The Germans in Mannheim and Berlin made the Sabres feel at home, so much so that the players adopted their party methods. The Sabres gathered at center ice, then coasted toward the end of the rink while hunched over, their fingers wiggling faster as the hum of the fans grew louder. Three rapid arm raises by the players accompanied three quick shouts, each side concluding the ceremony by applauding the other. The Sabres did the same thing at the opposite end of the rink.

"I think they wanted to keep going to every corner," left wing Thomas Vanek said. "If you keep winning, you have to enjoy it."

Looks like 29-61..

Leino:4-13 ... ooof

Gaustad: 11-18 .. What he does best

Roy: 5-10 .. 50%

Stafford: 0-1 .. sample size too low...

Pominville: 3-4 .. The Captain

Adam: 6-15 .. The rookie

So just about even.. Kings were 32-61

Is this correct? There was really a face-off every minute? That seems ridiculously high.

Is this correct? There was really a face-off every minute? That seems ridiculously high.

I pulled it off the NHL site. It is quite possible that I misread the chart, but I checked and double checked my numbers.

Archived