F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Not sure where to put this, but here it will get some attention.

It looks like the Trailer Park Boys show may be in some trouble.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/trailer-park-boys-appeal-to-government-to-save-film-tax-credit-1.3020578

The film industry in NS is quite large and growing in part due to a large tax credit for companies operating in that industry.  Our government is planning to cut that tax credit and the industry will suffer.  The fear is that shows, like the Trailer Park Boys (I admit that I have never watched the show, but know that it is very popular), will end as a result.

Not sure where to put this, but here it will get some attention.

It looks like the Trailer Park Boys show may be in some trouble.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/trailer-park-boys-appeal-to-government-to-save-film-tax-credit-1.3020578

The film industry in NS is quite large and growing in part due to a large tax credit for companies operating in that industry.  Our government is planning to cut that tax credit and the industry will suffer.  The fear is that shows, like the Trailer Park Boys (I admit that I have never watched the show, but know that it is very popular), will end as a result.

Trailer Park Boys is in trouble anyway, because it's out of ideas and season 9 is crap.

But I did read that article earlier today.  I was surprised at the size of the industry there.

I appreciate folks taking my post in the right spirit.

I mean -- I'm a believer. I'm observant, mostly. And Holy Week is the centerpiece of the faith, if you're a Christian.

I just like poking fun at myself a bit, and, yes, at others who embrace faith without also embracing doubts and ambiguities.

You are human, with very human traits.  Humor, doubts, a busy schedule... hope they are not sins, cause we're going to meet at the same gate and it won't be someone named Peter that will be greeting us if they are.

Hope you and yours have a Great Easter!

----------

NS,

I believe my response to you is.....

Alaikum Salaam

as a Catholic if your offer me a greeting of Peace Be With You, I will respond with..

And With Your Spirit

I believe you may find an interest as to why so I will share this...

http://blog.adw.org/2010/05/and-with-your-spirit-its-not-what-you-think/

Again NS, thank you, and Peace to you and to all.

I got a house.

It is indeed a Good Friday all around.

Congrats to you and your family.

-----

Woods-Racer,

Thank you for that link.  Very interesting.

And, yes, your reply is quite correct, except that you forgot the Wa ... 

The traditional greeting of peace in Islam, although it is historically an Arab greeting that has been adopted by Muslims, but is still used by Arab Christians and Jews, as well, is ... As-salamu alaykum (Peace be with you).  The traditional response is Wa alaykum salaam (And also with you).

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Congrats!! me and soon to be mrs Menace officially applied for our mortgage. Now we're waiting for the appraisal etc. Hopeful closing date is 4/30.

Best of luck! And thanks to everyone. There are all sorts of awesome things about this house, but I'm to excited to share it all now. ????????????

Today marks the day that my personal Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, died for my sins and, in so doing, made it possible for me to pass through the gates of heaven when I shuffle off this mortal coil.

60927558.jpg

Hmmm. Someone called Schopp today and used the term "mortal coil." He expressed a fear that he was nearing the same fate as his forefathers — death without a Cup. He said he wants a championship before he and his fellow Baby Boomers leave this mortal coil. It was a good call and Schopp seemed near-gruntled. I like to think it was Hizzoner.

I think it's fantastic that 11 reached the fantastic 20,000 post milestone today.

No fan fare.  Not even a thread to watch for the momentous occasion.

I like that he's still on 20k posts.

Better bring something big for 20001 Eleven