F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Worked from 7-5 today. Went home to take nap. All he'll broke loose at work so I went back to remedy everything and one of my employees "hurt" himself tripping on stairs. Now I'm at urgent care waiting for his gimpy ass. Grrrrr....

Gorgeous night. A bit humid. Nice breeze. A pint glass full of Magic Hat Blind Faith IPA. A bowl full of Planters honey roasted peanuts. Mighty Mighty Bosstones on Pandora.

Life on the deck in a WNY Summer is goodM

Awesome story, Eleven.

For me: I'm F'N exhausted, but this afternoon I found out I finally succeeded in generating the resource we need to finish some critical experiments at work and get my research paper published. The details would bore most folks, but I've been trying to get this thing made for probably two months now and had hit barrier after barrier along the way. So relieved that part is done so I can move on and do the "real" experiments!

Edit: just read the story DeLuca linked, and that's great, too. Not bright of the owners to take a dog to a fireworks show, but a happy ending nonetheless (and who doesn't love a happy ending?).

Edited by biodork

A fantastic story for a Fantastic Friday.

http://www.buffalone...ticle947205.ece

Is there anything cheeseburgers can't do?

I made it a whole week riding the bike to work. I feel F'N fantastic. I do miss my truck, though.

Gorgeous night. A bit humid. Nice breeze. A pint glass full of Magic Hat Blind Faith IPA. A bowl full of Planters honey roasted peanuts. Mighty Mighty Bosstones on Pandora.

Life on the deck in a WNY Summer is goodM

I was in WNY the week leading up to the 4th. While it was 97 degrees and 90% humidity down here, it was 84 and dry up there. Ain't nothin' like it anywhere.

On a related note, someone told me a great reason why outsiders make fun of Buffalo because of the snow,.. because they can. It's only snow. Who cares if someone gives us guff because we had to stay home from work and eat food and have a party with our friends for three days because of some snow? What's the worst that could happen?.. our beer stays cold?

But you can't make fun of 17 people dying because a section of freeway crushed them during an earthquake, or 300 homes burning to the ground in a wildfire, or an entire town being wiped out in an F5.

Give me a blzzard any day, over hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes, tornadoes, or whatever. They can have'm. If a little razzing is all I have to deal with, I'll take it.

I had no idea what to buy my father for Christmas. I never do. But I was driving down Main Street in December, saw Hyatt's art store, and remembered that long ago, he liked to work in chalks. Like forty years ago.

So I u-turned, went into the store, and bought a really nice set of chalks, a couple of professional-grade boards, and a sketch book.

Christmas morning, he looked at me like I had three heads. I asked him to just hang onto the gifts for a couple of weeks and think about it.

He ended up enrolling in an adult-ed course, where he was told that he was too good for the course. He and the teacher struck a deal for some private instruction.

Yesterday, he showed me his first finished work. It's absolutely fantastic.

I'd love to see a picture of it!

1. Girgs

2. MC Fair this weekend

3. Peers bought me both lunch and dinner today for teaching them and helping them out quite a bit at work.

Our High School Marching Band (yeah yeah yeah, I'm really young, I know) was invited to do the pre game at the first Bills preseason game. In other years, this would've been disappointing, as we used to do most of the games all season, but the Bills took ages to contact us, making me suspect that we weren't going to get to play at any games. That would've sucked, as this is my senior year and Bills games are my favorite events to perform at, and it is good to know that I will get at least one more trip down the tunnel.

Our High School Marching Band (yeah yeah yeah, I'm really young, I know) was invited to do the pre game at the first Bills preseason game. In other years, this would've been disappointing, as we used to do most of the games all season, but the Bills took ages to contact us, making me suspect that we weren't going to get to play at any games. That would've sucked, as this is my senior year and Bills games are my favorite events to perform at, and it is good to know that I will get at least one more trip down the tunnel.

What school/band?

Attica Senior High School Marching Band... Been doing pregame the past few years, have you seen us?

Oh I was just wondering if you were at one of the schools I used to march against in field band comps. I don't remember Attica being in NYSFBC though.

Oh I was just wondering if you were at one of the schools I used to march against in field band comps. I don't remember Attica being in NYSFBC though.

Nope, we do parades mostly. The only field shows we do are for the Bills, and it is a wonderful experience. I remember one of my first games freshman year, I walked within three feet of Tom Brady warming up, and made eye contact. He is bigger than I expected, and I didn't know wether to feel awed or disgusted. That same game I talked to Jim Kelly and high-fived Andre Reed. Those games are one of my favorite memories, which is why it is fantastic to mow that we have at least one more :)

Sweet! When I was in college we marched halftime at a Bills game and it was awesome! What instrument do you play?

Nope, we do parades mostly. The only field shows we do are for the Bills, and it is a wonderful experience. I remember one of my first games freshman year, I walked within three feet of Tom Brady warming up, and made eye contact. He is bigger than I expected, and I didn't know wether to feel awed or disgusted. That same game I talked to Jim Kelly and high-fived Andre Reed. Those games are one of my favorite memories, which is why it is fantastic to mow that we have at least one more :)

You guys must be a pretty darn good parade band then. I'm envious!

Got my approval email to sell tie-dyed shirts at our local farmer's market every Saturday until the end of September. Pretty stoked about that. Also got accepted to sell at our local town festival August 3rd and 4th. $15 for adults, $10 for kids. Want to make socks and hats, but I'm running out of time. Still have 150 shirts to dye! Finally figured out the smiley face. Not a hard design from a banding perspective, but getting the dye bottles to cooperate is a bitchallenging.

Awesome!

Got my approval email to sell tie-dyed shirts at our local farmer's market every Saturday until the end of September. Pretty stoked about that. Also got accepted to sell at our local town festival August 3rd and 4th. $15 for adults, $10 for kids. Want to make socks and hats, but I'm running out of time. Still have 150 shirts to dye! Finally figured out the smiley face. Not a hard design from a banding perspective, but getting the dye bottles to cooperate is a bitchallenging.

Awesome!

that's pretty sweet!

So, with all the storms passing thru the southern tier yesterday, we had power knocked out at work. I got to leave an hour early, AND only just got to work (half day) since power just came back on at like 10AM. Pretty Fantastic! Thank you mother nature :beer:

For all intents and purposes this month is done and it was one of my most successful in a long time. August probably won't be quite as profitable, but this was a good month and I am very glad it is over and the queue of projects is pretty full for the foreseeable future. (Maybe the decision to go out on my own wasn't as stupid as it seemed at times.) Now where's the ###### beer? :beer:

Where is all the fantasticness lately????

Do you ever have like 3 or 4 fantastic things happen at once.....and you almost wish they were spaced out a little bit so you can savor the fantasticness of each of them on their own instead of being hit with a tsunami of fantasticness?

Ride the wave baby....ride the wave......