F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

here's something F'NFANTSTIC: i'm starting to actually make money off of these tie-dyed shirts. so much so that i'm adding a sub-domain to my site JUST to sell stuff. people are asking for onesies, hoodies, dresses, socks ... it's time to ramp it up.

i figure if i can sell 20 shirts a day at $17 a pop, i could actually quit my job. now ... being a realist, i'm not going to cuz we need the health insurance (and, let's face it, actual steady income). however, i'm starting to see a light on the horizon.

Where is all the fantasticness lately????

Do you ever have like 3 or 4 fantastic things happen at once.....and you almost wish they were spaced out a little bit so you can savor the fantasticness of each of them on their own instead of being hit with a tsunami of fantasticness?

Ride the wave baby....ride the wave......

I got a check for over $1,000 in the mail yesterday... that's pretty f'n fantastic. Of course, I'll be spending it within the next week, so in my mind the money is already gone....

I'm trying not to jinx mine, but it looks like I'll finally be able to refinance my mortgage. If everything goes through my interest rate will drop from 6.375% to 3.75% and my payment will go down about $220 / month. Fingers crossed!!

I've basically told everyone this but, on Wednesday I was offered a job in Georgia which I accepted. I now make up the 51% of college grads who actually get a job in their field. By the start of Hockey Season I will no longer live in the Queen city. I become now a Sabres fan in exile.

What, no one had anything fantastic today? I've got one: finally signed the mortgage refinance application paperwork today, so the ball is officially rolling. Hoping to close at the end of Sept., and looks like I'll be able to do so with almost no closing costs out-of-pocket. Suh-weet.

first off, bio, i'm seriously sad about your dog. we've lost two to road accidents (we live near a major street, and somehow two managed to escape the back yard), and it was devastating. i hope you can take solace and comfort in the memories you have of kirby.

second, my F'N fantastic wife bought me four tix to the phoenix game on november 10. not just any tix, either: 6 rows above the sabres bench. she also wants to take two days before the game and go to moab for some late fall hiking (best time down there, when the average daytime high is only 60 as opposed to 90-95 in july and august.

she also has been keeping up with my convos about the possible lockout, so playing the cautious card, she purchased "ticket insurance" for $7/ticket.

and just when i thought there was no hope for her being a hockey fan ...

F'N FANTASTIC!!!

What, no one had anything fantastic today? I've got one: finally signed the mortgage refinance application paperwork today, so the ball is officially rolling. Hoping to close at the end of Sept., and looks like I'll be able to do so with almost no closing costs out-of-pocket. Suh-weet.

Nice, good for you! I re-fi'd to a 15 year at 4.25% about two years ago. I seriously need to look into doing another. I put extra $ towards my mortage every month with the plan to pay if off in 6 years. That will be a fantastic day when I'm 100% debt free.

Just got 7 more production units certified and shipped out the door on a major project here at work! This project has been nothing close to easy so far, so being able to say that the entire first lot is out the door is F'N Fantastic.

Now it's just finishin' off the day, and then heading to Buffalo for tonight and tomorrow, before heading to Syracuse for Saturday night and Sunday to spend with the girlfriend, before heading to Long Island for work related business for 3 days.

Just received some pretty prestigious national recognition in my field...about ten years earlier than most who receive this particular designation.

whoa. nice job man. what's your field, if you feel so inclined to answer?

Just got 7 more production units certified and shipped out the door on a major project here at work! This project has been nothing close to easy so far, so being able to say that the entire first lot is out the door is F'N Fantastic.

Now it's just finishin' off the day, and then heading to Buffalo for tonight and tomorrow, before heading to Syracuse for Saturday night and Sunday to spend with the girlfriend, before heading to Long Island for work related business for 3 days.

nice man. nothing like lazing around the weekend and just city hopping for the fun of it. i have another hour of work, then nothing until monday.

oh. well, other than planning for this kick-ass trip my wife sprung on me!!! (i can't sit still for very long ... too excited.)

whoa. nice job man. what's your field, if you feel so inclined to answer?

Something to do with RICO violations.

(Only a few people will get that from a couple of years ago. I'm a lawyer.)

Edited by Eleven

Just received some pretty prestigious national recognition in my field...about ten years earlier than most who receive this particular designation.

first off, bio, i'm seriously sad about your dog. we've lost two to road accidents (we live near a major street, and somehow two managed to escape the back yard), and it was devastating. i hope you can take solace and comfort in the memories you have of kirby.

second, my F'N fantastic wife bought me four tix to the phoenix game on november 10. not just any tix, either: 6 rows above the sabres bench. she also wants to take two days before the game and go to moab for some late fall hiking (best time down there, when the average daytime high is only 60 as opposed to 90-95 in july and august.

she also has been keeping up with my convos about the possible lockout, so playing the cautious card, she purchased "ticket insurance" for $7/ticket.

F'N FANTASTIC!!!

Congrats to both of you!

Chris, sounds like it'll be a blast.

Congrats to both of you!

Chris, sounds like it'll be a blast.

google "fiery furnace" +moab. that will be our two days. :)

yah, i'm pretty stoked. arches national park has always eluded us as far as hiking goes. we generally go to yellowstone, but that's cuz the only time off we generally have is in the summer, and yellowstone rarely gets above 80 degrees. even in august, it's not uncommon to wake up to 40 degree weather. moab, by contrast, in the summer will hit 90-95, into the hundreds, without batting an eye. november is a perfect time to go.

google "fiery furnace" +moab. that will be our two days. :)

yah, i'm pretty stoked. arches national park has always eluded us as far as hiking goes. we generally go to yellowstone, but that's cuz the only time off we generally have is in the summer, and yellowstone rarely gets above 80 degrees. even in august, it's not uncommon to wake up to 40 degree weather. moab, by contrast, in the summer will hit 90-95, into the hundreds, without batting an eye. november is a perfect time to go.

wow!! just looked at the parks website, and some google pictures. Looks amazing!

Well I feel very good about one thing:

Good-bloody-bye. I just cannot take this board anymore, it's unique in it's misery, inability to give up the past or truely accept new posters. While I'll miss certain posters I know most of you won't miss me. Infact, who am I kidding, aside from maybe 1 or two ###### the lot of you!

Good bye! Hopefully Chz will block my account

F'N FANTASTIC!!!

Wow, that sounds awesome! I've never been to Moab, but that area (four corners) is my boyfriend's favorite place to go hiking and mountain biking. I hope you have a blast at the game, too. The businesses right near the arena get pretty packed on game nights, so definitely go early if you plan on eating before the game! (Kabuki is great if you like sushi.) The arena food is decent, too.

Nice, good for you! I re-fi'd to a 15 year at 4.25% about two years ago. I seriously need to look into doing another. I put extra $ towards my mortage every month with the plan to pay if off in 6 years. That will be a fantastic day when I'm 100% debt free.

Very jealous... I'm nowhere close to paying mine off, lol. But, I don't plan on staying in this house forever, so if I can knock my payments down and still at worst break even on equity when it's time to sell, it's a win in my book.

Congrats, man!

Holy ######, did we just have a flounce?

Man, if you are gonna do it, do it right and name names and ######. I mean, if you are going to call attention to it go out in style.

He'll be back. He enjoys the attention too much to stay away.

As for my fantastic Friday, spent the evening downing Southern Tier Phin and Matts at a minor league ball game and now I am enjoying a Patron and dram of Weller on a ###### gorgeous August evening.

Taking the family on a trip to DC this weekend. This is mainly for my seven year old son who in the last year has become obsessed with US presidents. He collects the presidential dollar coins and has memorized facts about nearly every president. When we were in Buffalo in July the highlight of his trip was visiting Millard Fillmore's grave at Forest Lawn. I'm just hoping my daughter can hold out for some of the tours and sight seeing. Should be awesome.