F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

oops. Had this in the wrong thread before.

I'm not a NASCAR guy, but a friend of mine convinced me to go this weekend. Got the camper and the cooler all packed and am heading out to Pocono tomorrow morning. I really like camping and beer. F'N Fantastic.

oops. Had this in the wrong thread before.

I'm not a NASCAR guy, but a friend of mine convinced me to go this weekend. Got the camper and the cooler all packed and am heading out to Pocono tomorrow morning. I really like camping and beer. F'N Fantastic.

I was wondering about that. :) Camping: good. Beer: good! 10's of thousands of people with you: not as good. After camping at the BMW rally last year in a field in the sun with 10,000 other people, I'm questioning the benefits of large scale camping.

Very minamal experience upon which to base an opinion. Boards are interesting.

I do spend much more time just sitting back and reading, trying to learn, and not blindly picking sides in any argument. You guys have taught me a lot...

And this board especially is very interesting. I spend a lot of time in the archives, and there are several brilliant threads in there, like the musings read and PA's story about ruff in the future...

easily one of the most productive days in recent memory. cleaned off the driveway of all weeds, edged the sidewalk and driveway, swept out the car port, organized the car port shed a little bit, did a load of dishes, weeded the backyard, hung out with my mom for a few hours, and got a nice hour-long nap while my mom and wife took the girls to the school playground to play. made dinner for the girls since wife is out at bunco, and now i'm going to chill with some netflix.

I do spend much more time just sitting back and reading, trying to learn, and not blindly picking sides in any argument. You guys have taught me a lot...

And this board especially is very interesting. I spend a lot of time in the archives, and there are several brilliant threads in there, like the musings read and PA's story about ruff in the future...

I spend a lot of time on this board (and am similarly young and learning), but I've never read the archives. I thank nfreeman and betweenthepipes, who's posts gave me incentive not to make a fool of myself. I still make a fool of myself, but at least I came out of the gate with the best intentions.

I'm finished with high school forever, I didn't once cry, and I'm excited for a relaxing, F'N Fantastic Summer. The Olympics happen in the first half of August and then I leave for Montreal in late August. I'm just happy that my life finally feels like it's moving along. :beer:

It's that time of year again, I'm off to the National Homebrewers Conference in Seattle next week. And in honor of the conference and fathers day, my wife is actually letting me brew tomorrow. F'N Fantastic!! To all my fellow Sabrespace beer geeks, I can't recommend attending this event enough. You don't even need to be a homebrewer, just a beer lover.

I spend a lot of time on this board (and am similarly young and learning), but I've never read the archives. I thank nfreeman and betweenthepipes, who's posts gave me incentive not to make a fool of myself. I still make a fool of myself, but at least I came out of the gate with the best intentions.

I'm finished with high school forever, I didn't once cry, and I'm excited for a relaxing, F'N Fantastic Summer. The Olympics happen in the first half of August and then I leave for Montreal in late August. I'm just happy that my life finally feels like it's moving along. :beer:

Do non-parents actually cry during high school graduations? That thought has never once crossed my mind once in my life.

Good veterinarians. Saw the regular vet yesterday, and he recommended starting a new medication that is specifically for dogs with congestive heart failure. I read up on it yesterday evening, and the trial results were pretty impressive. I'm really hoping this will let us cut back his other meds (he's on 4!) and keep him comfortable for a while longer so he can go peacefully. Thanks for the kind words yesterday.

On a lighter note: going to the Harrisburg Brewers Fest tomorrow afternoon, which should be a good time (nothing like Claude, though!), and the weather is supposed to be nice all weekend. :thumbsup:

Best of luck in Montreal. And I don't plan on crying either, was just kidding. :)

Last exam was today. English regents... Kinda pathetic.

And I got my calculus final graded and returned; 98%!!! F'N Fantastic!!!

came home to a package from shirtchamp.com. it's time to get tie-dyin'!

backstory: stumbled across this obsession with tie-dying about 11 years ago. bought some crappy little kit from a craft store, and threw together some shirts. truthfully, in looking back on those now, they truly were horrible, but we thought they were awesome at the time. and who knows ... maybe in another 11 years, i'll look at some of my shirts now and think "yah ... utter sh**."

for fun, we ordered some dyes from dharma trading and made shirts for our family and friends as christmas presents. they were a *huge* hit. everyone loved them. since then, we've made a scant few for birthdays and what-not, all to rave reviews. someone suggested that i start selling them. i thought they were out of their mind. sites like etsy are riddled with tie-dyers who have way more experience than i do.

for kicks and giggles, i threw some pictures up on facebook and said, "anyone interested in something like this, i'll make you a custom shirt for $10." a few people gave me their shirt size and favorite colors, and i made them shirts. they wore them, and told their friends where they got them. their friends wanted shirts. they MSGed me over FB and asked if they could have one or two. "sure."

my aunt ordered 18 shirts for her family's reunion in july. with her outstanding payment and everything else so far, i've made over $400 by just playing. with that extra cash and with some internet savvy on how to get cheap hotels, we're going to moab in a few weeks for next to nothing. and that's IF i don't sell any more shirts. the more i sell, the less this trip costs.

moral of the story: if you have a hobby that's kind of artsy-fartsy crafty, you *might* consider posting somewhere and asking if anyone will buy your crap. you just never know ...

F'N FANTASTIC!

came home to a package from shirtchamp.com. it's time to get tie-dyin'!

backstory: stumbled across this obsession with tie-dying about 11 years ago. bought some crappy little kit from a craft store, and threw together some shirts. truthfully, in looking back on those now, they truly were horrible, but we thought they were awesome at the time. and who knows ... maybe in another 11 years, i'll look at some of my shirts now and think "yah ... utter sh**."

for fun, we ordered some dyes from dharma trading and made shirts for our family and friends as christmas presents. they were a *huge* hit. everyone loved them. since then, we've made a scant few for birthdays and what-not, all to rave reviews. someone suggested that i start selling them. i thought they were out of their mind. sites like etsy are riddled with tie-dyers who have way more experience than i do.

for kicks and giggles, i threw some pictures up on facebook and said, "anyone interested in something like this, i'll make you a custom shirt for $10." a few people gave me their shirt size and favorite colors, and i made them shirts. they wore them, and told their friends where they got them. their friends wanted shirts. they MSGed me over FB and asked if they could have one or two. "sure."

my aunt ordered 18 shirts for her family's reunion in july. with her outstanding payment and everything else so far, i've made over $400 by just playing. with that extra cash and with some internet savvy on how to get cheap hotels, we're going to moab in a few weeks for next to nothing. and that's IF i don't sell any more shirts. the more i sell, the less this trip costs.

moral of the story: if you have a hobby that's kind of artsy-fartsy crafty, you *might* consider posting somewhere and asking if anyone will buy your crap. you just never know ...

F'N FANTASTIC!

That's awesome!! haha

I'm leaving work at 3 (yeah, I have to use 2 hours of PTO even though I've worked 3 extra hours already this week, as I posted in yesterday's thread :censored: ). I'm heading out to Buffalo for the weekend to see friends and family with the girlfriend. I have a rather large family (especially compared to hers), so she is still meeting family members on every trip out there. I give her credit for dealing with all of them :wub:

F'N FANTASTIC!

That is fantastic. On that same note, if anyone wants me to ride their motorcycle(s) around for them, I'm sure we can work out payment options. I'll supply my own gear.

Fantastic: 10-day bike trip starts tomorrow. In rough order of states: MD, VA, NC, TN, maybe GA and AL, KY WV, OH, NY. Riding the mountains.

That is fantastic. On that same note, if anyone wants me to ride their motorcycle(s) around for them, I'm sure we can work out payment options. I'll supply my own gear.

Fantastic: 10-day bike trip starts tomorrow. In rough order of states: MD, VA, NC, TN, maybe GA and AL, KY WV, OH, NY. Riding the mountains.

nice! road trips are the best. enjoy the ride man!

Someday I'm going to have a motorcycle that I can trust to make a trip like that. What are you riding for this jaunt?

Also, it finally stopped being hot as hell out. F'N fantastic!

Someday I'm going to have a motorcycle that I can trust to make a trip like that. What are you riding for this jaunt?

My BMW R1150R. It just keeps going (knock on wood), 54k on it right now. The Honda is still in progress, I haven't gotten much time to work on it.

Also, it finally stopped being hot as hell out. F'N fantastic!

You're telling me, riding all day in the 90s isn't a great time.