F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

We're shutting down the facility in a couple of hours, holiday shutdown period. Once the lights are out and the A/C turned off we're all out of here for the next 9 days. Hopefully this happens before noon. Then it's off camping.

Edited by weave

We're shutting down the facility in a couple of hours, holiday shutdown period. Once the lights are out and the A/C turned off we're all out of here for the next 9 days. Hopefully this happens before noon. Then it's off camping.

that sounds Fantastic!

After work (nope, not leaving early today), I'm going to pick up a desk for my girlfriend, then put the tandem kayak on top of her Tahoe, and taking it out onto the Susquehanna for the evening. After that, she promised to make me a surprise dinner. We finally have an evening to ourselves as her parents are out of town. F'N Fantastic.

I get to see my brother for the first time in a year today. Then I'm heading up to the falls with the lady friend later in the day. I may have to post about that trip later tonight.

ideally speaking, in this thread. :)

funny story about the falls ... so my wife is from utah, where all the national parks are a half day's drive from salt lake and pretty much in the middle of nowhere. yellowstone, zions, bryce, moab ... all 4-5 hours away, and all are in pretty remote areas. we went to visit my folks in WNY back in 2004. being her first trip out, she was really excited to see the falls. from my old house, it's about a 30 minute drive, none of which is considered "remote." as we were getitng ready to leave, she packed up some books (she was in the masters program for speech pathology at the time, and thought she'd get in some studying on the drive). i just kind of chuckled to myself, got in the car, and we all took off.

30 minutes later and after going over the GI bridges, we stopped at the 3 sisters. "okay, we're here. " she got this really confused look on her face, as if we were pulling some prank on her. "wait ... what? no we're not. what's this place?" the look on her face was just priceless. all the buildings, all the tourism, all the trappings ... and in the middle of it all is this incredible waterfall. she just couldn't grasp it. "why are all these buildings here?!!"

after we got back to the house, we started talking about the differences between the falls and yellowstone. it really made me really appreciate the pristine nature of all the parks we have out here.

Girlfriend's parents and sister are up from Ohio this weekend on their way to Stratford and decided to rent a nice cabin in Geneva. Looks like she's going down tonight and I'm going to go down there in the afternoon tomorrow (I love her parents and everything, but it's gonna be nice out and I want to get some work done outside in the morning! :blush: ), so it will be nice to get out of the apartment for the evening. I'm probably going to cook a full dinner for them (chiavettas chicken of course).

Ahh the weekend.

Guest Sloth

A question for people who have summers off, retired, etc... Do you still enjoy Friday's more than any other day of the week when you're not working? I'm off the entire summer, but I still look forward to Friday's. Easily my favorite day of the week.

Actually got a three-fer for F'N Fantastic Fridays. (rarer than a blue moon IMO)

1, I know it's rather early in the game, but I really love my new job. A 12 hour shift goes by quickly because there is so much hands-on stuff going on. Pay is almost where it was when I was over the road, but I am spending way less money and making meals at home. Lord willing, I'm staying with these guys until I can't work anymore.

2. SwampD's response to my mention of the pastor that looks like a ghoul from They Live yesterday on the Complaint Thursday thread. Dude, that rocked! :w00t:

where?! on a res? we're paying 3.59 our here.

3. Nope. Open market. Oh, and, BTW, it's now down to 2.89. Might be even lower by the time I have to fill up my Nissan Titan again. :thumbsup:

Wiffle ball the real oneswith the 8 oblong wholes in em and the plastic yellow bat, played with my daughter in the backyard the past 4 nights, she is 3 and said Daddy this rocks! Indeed it does Cassidy indeed it does

There is nothing like quality time with your children. F'N Fantastic is right!