F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Yesterday, I alluded to this, but wanted to wait till today to share.

I am applying for a new job that is half the distance than the place I work now (Ithaca vs Elmira from Dryden). It's a similar position, same benefits, but better pay, and I already know a lot of the people there since I co-oped there when I was in College. Hopefully I get the job because (1) I would save a ton of money using less gas (2) I'd have more free time with less driving (3) less miles on my 1 yr old car (4) I may have a better opportunity to move laterally there into a true engineering position rather than being stuck in sales and engineering (I have a rare gift among mechanical engineers: good people skills [insert office space joke here] :doh: ). There are so many positives, I haven't been able to truly find a negative yet.

I've grown tired of the place I've worked, and I've only been here for 20 months. I feel no sense of loyalty to the company after they keep changing policies around (SEE: My complaint about losing the ability to flex time), and expect me to be available even on vacation (this was the last straw: I submitted my request for time off, and told my boss that I was going on a vacation with my girlfriend at my Uncle's cabin, on a sort of couples vacation, and that I wouldn't be available at all, and he told me that I WILL answer his calls... :w00t: yeah...ok).

It'll be F'N Fantastic if I get the job. Now I'm looking forward to kayaking around Cayuga lake and the inlet tomorrow with the girlfriend.

Yesterday, I alluded to this, but wanted to wait till today to share.

I am applying for a new job that is half the distance than the place I work now (Ithaca vs Elmira from Dryden). It's a similar position, same benefits, but better pay, and I already know a lot of the people there since I co-oped there when I was in College. Hopefully I get the job because (1) I would save a ton of money using less gas (2) I'd have more free time with less driving (3) less miles on my 1 yr old car (4) I may have a better opportunity to move laterally there into a true engineering position rather than being stuck in sales and engineering (I have a rare gift among mechanical engineers: good people skills [insert office space joke here] :doh: ). There are so many positives, I haven't been able to truly find a negative yet.

I've grown tired of the place I've worked, and I've only been here for 20 months. I feel no sense of loyalty to the company after they keep changing policies around (SEE: My complaint about losing the ability to flex time), and expect me to be available even on vacation (this was the last straw: I submitted my request for time off, and told my boss that I was going on a vacation with my girlfriend at my Uncle's cabin, on a sort of couples vacation, and that I wouldn't be available at all, and he told me that I WILL answer his calls... :w00t: yeah...ok).

It'll be F'N Fantastic if I get the job. Now I'm looking forward to kayaking around Cayuga lake and the inlet tomorrow with the girlfriend.

Hope it works out for ya buddy. Jo is stuck in a job she doesn't really like either and it really drains a person's spirit.

:flirt:

Nice. I was wondering if something was about to happen when you said you were going to the falls.

Yeah, there's really only two alternatives.

Shrader, glad to see you took the legal one. Congrats.

shrader, congrats. I knew something was in the air when I was there. drk -- who is Jo?

Been watching some old episodes of M*A*S*H on Me-TV. They're apparently showing the full episodes as they would have been seen when they first aired, and not the chopped up versions seen in syndication for decades since then. It's great to see scenes and endings that are virtually new to me. The other night, in an early episode "Private Charles Lamb," the ending has the gang all drunk on uzo (google says uozo) and staggering around. Henry ends up going face first into a spam lamb.

Congrats on the biggest RFA signing of the summer.

:clapping: :lol:

I doubt that's an option at this point. The girl has packed on close to 100 lbs in a year. I think she's actually been eating the cigarettes and vodka bottles when she's done with them.

:sick: :sick:

That's rather repulsive!!

shrader, congrats. I knew something was in the air when I was there. drk -- who is Jo?

Been watching some old episodes of M*A*S*H on Me-TV. They're apparently showing the full episodes as they would have been seen when they first aired, and not the chopped up versions seen in syndication for decades since then. It's great to see scenes and endings that are virtually new to me. The other night, in an early episode "Private Charles Lamb," the ending has the gang all drunk on uzo (google says uozo) and staggering around. Henry ends up going face first into a spam lamb.

My lovely and talented girlfriend, who is featured in Eleven's avatar and signature :thumbsup:

http://joanna-eberts.blogspot.com/

I had no idea what to buy my father for Christmas. I never do. But I was driving down Main Street in December, saw Hyatt's art store, and remembered that long ago, he liked to work in chalks. Like forty years ago.

So I u-turned, went into the store, and bought a really nice set of chalks, a couple of professional-grade boards, and a sketch book.

Christmas morning, he looked at me like I had three heads. I asked him to just hang onto the gifts for a couple of weeks and think about it.

He ended up enrolling in an adult-ed course, where he was told that he was too good for the course. He and the teacher struck a deal for some private instruction.

Yesterday, he showed me his first finished work. It's absolutely fantastic.

I had no idea what to buy my father for Christmas. I never do. But I was driving down Main Street in December, saw Hyatt's art store, and remembered that long ago, he liked to work in chalks. Like forty years ago.

So I u-turned, went into the store, and bought a really nice set of chalks, a couple of professional-grade boards, and a sketch book.

Christmas morning, he looked at me like I had three heads. I asked him to just hang onto the gifts for a couple of weeks and think about it.

He ended up enrolling in an adult-ed course, where he was told that he was too good for the course. He and the teacher struck a deal for some private instruction.

That truly is fantastic. I mean it.

Will he be making your next avatar?