F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Thanks Bio! I'm actually going to be in Colorado to visit one of them. (Unfortunately, not Boulder haha I'm not good enough for that one)

Very cool! Let me know when you'll be here and maybe if there's time we can grab a drink at some point!

My family and I were invited earlier this week to come over for dinner tonight to the home of old friends of ours.  We enjoy their company and are looking forward to the evening -- but yesterday, the wife told my wife that the menu was going to consist of leftovers from their Super Bowl party -- so pretty close to 6-day old food.

This is a pretty unusual situation.  The husband is pretty educated about wine, so that part of the meal will be very good, but there's a real possibility that I'll be spending the rest of the weekend in the bathroom.

We'll see.

Haha okay thanks! Do you know anything about Fort Collins?

Only that it's north of Denver, lol... oh wow, looking at the map it's actually a lot further than I thought!  Guessing you'll be flying in and out of DIA, but might be tough to meet if you're staying in Fort Collins.  But maybe, depending on your schedule when you're here and how long you're in town!

My family and I were invited earlier this week to come over for dinner tonight to the home of old friends of ours.  We enjoy their company and are looking forward to the evening -- but yesterday, the wife told my wife that the menu was going to consist of leftovers from their Super Bowl party -- so pretty close to 6-day old food.

This is a pretty unusual situation.  The husband is pretty educated about wine, so that part of the meal will be very good, but there's a real possibility that I'll be spending the rest of the weekend in the bathroom.

We'll see.

Maybe they put it in the freezer?

My family and I were invited earlier this week to come over for dinner tonight to the home of old friends of ours. We enjoy their company and are looking forward to the evening -- but yesterday, the wife told my wife that the menu was going to consist of leftovers from their Super Bowl party -- so pretty close to 6-day old food.

This is a pretty unusual situation. The husband is pretty educated about wine, so that part of the meal will be very good, but there's a real possibility that I'll be spending the rest of the weekend in the bathroom.

We'll see.

...do you know for a fact these people still like you? Cuz, I mean.... :p

We'll see.

Who admits to something like this?  Blech.  I hope Lanny is right, but so much of typical football food is not freezer-friendly.

Edit:  Also, since when do wine and football eats go together?  Odd all-around.

Edited by biodork

Only that it's north of Denver, lol... oh wow, looking at the map it's actually a lot further than I thought!  Guessing you'll be flying in and out of DIA, but might be tough to meet if you're staying in Fort Collins.  But maybe, depending on your schedule when you're here and how long you're in town!

No worries if it doesn't work out, I have no clue what the schedule for the visit is. I might be there all the time starting in August though, I'm sure you'll find out on here! And yep that's the airport I'm using.

No worries if it doesn't work out, I have no clue what the schedule for the visit is. I might be there all the time starting in August though, I'm sure you'll find out on here! And yep that's the airport I'm using.

Well good luck if I don't catch up with you during your interview visit!  And hopefully you can foray into the mountains for part of a day while you're here.  :)

Maybe they put it in the freezer?

At this point, the freezer is my only hope.

...do you know for a fact these people still like you? Cuz, I mean.... :P

Well, we've known them for a number of years now -- so it's quite possible they've had enough of me.

Who admits to something like this?  Blech.  I hope Lanny is right, but so much of typical football food is not freezer-friendly.

Edit:  Also, since when do wine and football eats go together?  Odd all-around.

They're Italian -- it's pretty good Italian food (meatballs, chicken marsala, fettucine alfredo, etc.)

At this point, the freezer is my only hope.

Well, we've known them for a number of years now -- so it's quite possible they've had enough of me.

They're Italian -- it's pretty good Italian food (meatballs, chicken marsala, fettucine alfredo, etc.)

Well all those foods sound great with wine, but I don't associate chicken marsala and fettucine alfredo with football, haha.  But meatballs could totally be frozen and still good.  I was picturing these people giving you week-old leftover nachos and dips, which sounded awful even without wine, lol.

We survived the storm. Did not lose power and are dug out.

Just in time for the next one. It promises to be even bigger and badasser.

http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/ns-19_metric_e.html

I can't see anything being open Monday ... no school ... SNOW DAY!! I'm calling it now.

I'll trade you some 70's and sun if you throw in a 1st rounder.

Trucking through week 3 with a month in sight with whatever virus this is.

I am JONESING for my spot at the bar, but every patron would give me the stink eye with all my coughing.  Seriously stir crazy here.

Oh, wait.  That was for yesterday.  Carry on.

Trucking through week 3 with a month in sight with whatever virus this is.

I am JONESING for my spot at the bar, but every patron would give me the stink eye with all my coughing.  Seriously stir crazy here.

Oh, wait.  That was for yesterday.  Carry on.

Yeah, I had the crud in December.  It took me the better part of a month to get through it.

Yesterday our volleyball team had a big upset win in the first round of playoffs, taking down the #2 seed as the #7 seed. It was one of the reasons i love sports, that feeling of momentum and working together as a group to overcome a much more talented team. We celebrated with pizza and brews at the bar, and can't wait for next week!

For reference, I have only recently joined this team in the last year or so, but they have played in the men's power league for a decade now, and as they aged they regressed into one of the weaker teams as more athletic younger players joined. They said they hadn't won a playoff match in nearly 4 years, so everyone was admittedly a little jazzed up last night.

I've got tickets to hang with the Sabres Road Crew tonight in Denver, and I'll be at the game tomorrow.   :)  It's been too long!

Have fun. I went to one of those in Raleigh some years back. It was fun and I got to meet Rick Jeanneret, Lindy Ruff, Harry Neale, and Kevin Sylvester. Rick was knocking beers back left and right

Have fun. I went to one of those in Raleigh some years back. It was fun and I got to meet Rick Jeanneret, Lindy Ruff, Harry Neale, and Kevin Sylvester. Rick was knocking beers back left and right

Cool.  This one is advertised as having Bray May, Rob Ray, Danny Gare, Rene Robert, Brian Duff, and Dan Dunleavy (so no Rick, but still a solid group).  How large are these Road Crew outings usually?  I know they capped the # of tickets because they sold out, but I have no idea what to expect.

Cool.  This one is advertised as having Bray May, Rob Ray, Danny Gare, Rene Robert, Brian Duff, and Dan Dunleavy (so no Rick, but still a solid group).  How large are these Road Crew outings usually?  I know they capped the # of tickets because they sold out, but I have no idea what to expect.

I think it depends on the venue. When I went it was held at this restaurant a few miles from the Canes arena called Buffalo Brothers pizza. There were probably 200 or so people there but it was many years and countless beers ago so my memory may be a little fuzzy. We showed up early and ordered a pizza we paid for but they also set up a buffet that was included with the price of admission. Probably an hour or so into the official start time was when there was a chance to line up and get pictures or autographs with the VIPs but the place will be filled with Sabres fans so there's always friendlies to converse with. They also played the Top Shelf dvd of RJ on a loop on all the tvs in the restaurant when I went and I hadn't see it before that so watching that kept me entertained as well.

I think it depends on the venue. When I went it was held at this restaurant a few miles from the Canes arena called Buffalo Brothers pizza. There were probably 200 or so people there but it was many years and countless beers ago so my memory may be a little fuzzy. We showed up early and ordered a pizza we paid for but they also set up a buffet that was included with the price of admission. Probably an hour or so into the official start time was when there was a chance to line up and get pictures or autographs with the VIPs but the place will be filled with Sabres fans so there's always friendlies to converse with. They also played the Top Shelf dvd of RJ on a loop on all the tvs in the restaurant when I went and I hadn't see it before that so watching that kept me entertained as well.

Good to know -- thanks!  I haven't been to this restaurant/bar yet, so I have no idea how big it is.  Brought a jersey along to wear tonight in case they were signing stuff.   :D

Good to know -- thanks!  I haven't been to this restaurant/bar yet, so I have no idea how big it is.  Brought a jersey along to wear tonight in case they were signing stuff.   :D

They'll definitely sign stuff. The whole road crew concept is to give a big thank you to Sabres outside of the Buffalo area. It should be definitely be autograph friendly. Hell, when I went the Pegula's didn't even own the team yet. I imagine if they changed anything it would be to make the experience even better for everyone. You'll have a blast. Get a picture putting up your dukes with Rob Ray or something. He wasn't at the one I attended, I would've loved to meet him. He may be a big dumb lug who gets way too much grief on these boards, but he's our big dumb lug, dammit.

Edited by Drunkard