F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Absolutely. Nothing political about more people getting work.  ;)

In the abstract that is of course correct.  As I'm sure you appreciate, though, the statistics that were cited bear some unpacking in order to determine how fantastic/not at all fantastic they really are -- which immediately becomes a political discussion.

In the abstract that is of course correct. As I'm sure you appreciate, though, the statistics that were cited bear some unpacking in order to determine how fantastic/not at all fantastic they really are -- which immediately becomes a political discussion.

Hence the wink.

It was warm enough out today to make me think I was going to puke at the end of my run (I didn't). And it's only May 8th. I feel a real summer coming on!

How far and where? I had a great one after work today myself.

There's nothing fantastic about this Friday. In a follow up to my Thursday post, my dad fell again today and fractured his hip. 69 is way too young for this crap. Sorry for threadjacking but I have to say it somewhere and it's not Thursday anymore.

There's nothing fantastic about this Friday. In a follow up to my Thursday post, my dad fell again today and fractured his hip. 69 is way too young for this crap. Sorry for threadjacking but I have to say it somewhere and it's not Thursday anymore.

:(

How far and where? I had a great one after work today myself.

Local park...think I clocked it at 2.4 miles awhile back. I have two routes I typically run: the one at the park, and another at 2.2 miles but with a lot of hills. I keep telling myself I'm going to find a reliable 5k route to run, but I'm a creature of habit I guess...or lazy, one of the two.

Sorry to hear that man, my condolences.

• 2 weeks later...

We had to beg for it, but we got Memorial Day off.

Sunday d4rk and I are going to the air show in Rochester- the Blue Angels have been doing flyovers all week and it's just cruel teasing.

Airplanes were my first love- I haven't seen the Blue Angels since I was 13- very excited to see them and Fat Albert (their ridiculously agile cargo plane). So d4rk gets to listen to me natter his ear off about planes all weekend. I think he's ok with it.

As much as I love Mad Max and grizzled up cars, nothing... I mean nothing gets my blood going like jets. 

Edited by Josie914

The interview this past Tuesday with my boss's former colleague went well and I think there is mutual interest.  There are a lot of logistical and financial details to work out, but it's a good possibility.  Then Wed. morning the company I'd had a phone interview with a few weeks ago finally called to set up an in-person interview!  That's not until June 3rd, and I'm not sure I want that job, but it's good to have options.  Thank God; this job search has been soul-crushing the last several weeks.

Great news, bio.

Josie,

*When you're a jet, you're a jet all the way*.

-----

It finally rained a substantial amount today.  Fantastic.  We really needed it.

How'd the roof hold up?

How'd the roof hold up?

The roof held until May.

We had a new roof put on in early May (as was planned all along).  It turned out very well and under the old shingles the boards were in perfect shape, which had us concerned for a while.

The new one held fine in this rain ...  ;)

The interview this past Tuesday with my boss's former colleague went well and I think there is mutual interest.  There are a lot of logistical and financial details to work out, but it's a good possibility.  Then Wed. morning the company I'd had a phone interview with a few weeks ago finally called to set up an in-person interview!  That's not until June 3rd, and I'm not sure I want that job, but it's good to have options.  Thank God; this job search has been soul-crushing the last several weeks.

Babcock someone. Anyone. I just wanted the excuse to use Babcock as a verb.

Great news bio! Options are always good.

Drinking some sierra Nevada torpedo whilst some strip steaks are on the egg for a reverse sear. Thinking about following it up with a nice stick from the humidor. F'n fantastic ..

Whatcha got in that humidor? I'm curious what other folks like to smoke. Mine has a few cubans(my buddy does missionary work and was able to sneak a few back.) I've filled the rest with mostly macanudo and man o war. I've fallen in love with man o war's virtue. Burns even. Has a nice easy draw. Medium flavor. Nice long cut. No spitting out chunks. There are a couple of 5 vega Gold as well. They are very mellow. Good for the golf course. I'm getting the macanudo and man o for $3 a stick so I burn em right up. Cigars international beats Thompsons hands down. Unless you get into that auction scene. I'd rather get what I like when I want to get them.