F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

I'll be curious to see how this goes. I'm at a point where I think I could use a new path career-wise, but I can't shake the feeling that it is tough to do at 31 years old. I know that thinking about it from the age point of view is very short-sighted, but I still can't shake that feeling.

Trust me, at 31 years old, not married (yet) and with no kids (I assume) you should see absolutely no roadblocks to embarking on a fresh career path.

Trust me, at 31 years old, not married (yet) and with no kids (I assume) you should see absolutely no roadblocks to embarking on a fresh career path.

If I want to live in a cardboard box for a few years maybe. Then again, cardboard boxes go for around $1000 a month out here.

If I want to live in a cardboard box for a few years maybe. Then again, cardboard boxes go for around $1000 a month out here.

I hear what you're saying, but as others have said as you get older and your responsibilities increase making the change becomes exponentially more difficult. If you're seriously thinking about it, the time is now.

Shrader, I'm 45. Have a wife, kids, house we love in a neighborhood we love even more. We've been heavily involved in our community. But I've had essentially the same role with a couple different companies in the same industry for a good 20 yrs now. Had a wrench thrown in the works last October and find that I just may be pigeon-holed by employers. Before October I was admitting to myself that my career had gotten a little stale and I didn't have the enthusiasm for it or the industry any more. My October surprise forced me out of my stale comfort zone. This position I am interviewing for is still in my educational area but nothing like I've done before. At this point I am looking forward to the change it represents. I'm anxious to see how well I can communicate that I am more than what the last 20 yrs of my resume indicates.

I do believe (or at least tell myself) that I am only pigeon-holed into my current career if I show THEM that what I am now is all I can be. I am pretty confident I can show them I am more.

My sister in law delivered a healthy baby boy yesterday so that is F'N fantastic. My BiL is not in town so my wife had to go to the hospital with her sister for the delivery, and if the complaint thread was still open I could complain on how that threw a wrench in yesterdays steak & BJ day celebration.

As we're on the child topic today, my wife and I are expecting our first little boy in nine weeks now. I'm pretty anxious, excited, shiting myself and worried all at the same time. We got his room freshly painted and the crib and decorations together over the past few weeks and now it's just a waiting game. It's a Friday and nice time to be alive.....

As we're on the child topic today, my wife and I are expecting our first little boy in nine weeks now. I'm pretty anxious, excited, shiting myself and worried all at the same time. We got his room freshly painted and the crib and decorations together over the past few weeks and now it's just a waiting game. It's a Friday and nice time to be alive.....

that is indeed F'N Fantastic!! congrats to you and your wife. babies are flat-out amazing.

just a piece of advice: there's no such thing as "too many pictures or vids." dedicated hard drive with multiple back-ups.

Outstanding.

My daughter is the Great Grizzley today at school, she made a poster with her bio and a few pictures and gets to present it to the class. She was so excited as she ran into kindergarten today. F'n fantastic!

Nice. My wife took our daughter for her kindergarten evaluation today before she starts in August, she was going to be dropped off for two hours so the teachers could observe her and the other kids. Before I left this morning I asked if she was excited for it and she answered "Yes daddy, I go to kindergarten so I lose my teeff." The only thing she associates with kindergarten was when her older brother went and began losing his baby teeth. Time flies, those five years went by in a blur. Which brings me to...

I remember feeling all of that before my son was born.... wait I still feel like that some days! Seriosuly it is truly awesome, but nobody said it was easy.

Apparently I've unintentionally taught my friend's 2 year old to chant "Let's go, Buffalo!" :flirt:

I've taught my two year old nephew who is in a family of Boston/New England fans to say "Let's go Buffalo". I'm banned from their house whenever the kid is awake.

What makes this a fantastic Friday? Watching the Leaf fans reaction to MacArthur's miss last night. Watching Cuse win. That cute kid singing the anthem....and it's Friday. I always come here for a Friday pick me up and the last post was at 7:59 am? Just looking for positives!