GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Not big into numerology but just can't get past this being an opportunity [edit: for this 7th seed] to win a Game 7 on the road for the 1st time in team history and in the team's 7th game 7 ever against the team that kept #7 from winning the Stanley Cup in the 7th week since his passing.

Hopefully the lucky 7's continue at least this time.

Wow.

BTW, obviously no one on the team is wearing #7, but there are 2 guys whose jersey #s add up to 7 -- Grier and Butler.

There are also the guys wearing the mustache and mutton chops to consider.

Rico, I hope you have a great view of the game.

Go Sabres.

Vanek - 5 goals; 0 Assists

Briere - 5 goals; 0 Assists

But hey - it's all about productivity when it suits your argument. "Briere is the most productive player in the playoffs since the lockout!" Go Danny! <_<

So, let's all tip our hats to the little guy in orange and sing "The Way We Were"... you know you want to.

Oh and BTW, while you are rocking the orange #48 - you might want to take a look at #21 in orange. Briere hasn't even been the best player on his own team, let alone both teams.

As for me, I'll be cheering #26 and noting his 5 goals to my fellow fans, not the punk crouching behind the net.

Do you want to win this game or not? Stop looking for an argument. We all need to be pulling the same way right now.

I'm feeling uncharacteristically calm.

For me most of this series is talked out....and the game has to be played.

Gut check time.

Game 7....

It's what hockey fans live for. As long as the Sabres lay it all out there, I'll live with the results.

Let's go Buffalo.

Gut check time.

Game 7....

It's what hockey fans live for. As long as the Sabres lay it all out there, I'll live with the results.

Let's go Buffalo.

Me too. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad one. ;)

We'll know 1 way or the other in a few hours. :beer:

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I hope he is tonights hero for your sake, but his past performence in the post season,using a very small sample size, does not permit me to conclude that he will be anything other than a guy who disappears when keyed on and banged. There is only one person that can change that. FYI it was not my intenetion to demean you.

sincerely

Jim Baker

by the above statement it is clear that was and is your intent, troll away.

Gut check time.

Game 7....

Let's go Buffalo.

what he said.

the one thing i would share is this: my wife asked me some time after game 6, "so ... looking forward to watching game 7?" my response indicated the mix of excitement-thrill-terror-dread that i will be feeling -- that this feeling is all-consuming and is more endured rather than "enjoyed" in a simplistic way. she shook her head and just said, "i just don't get why you do that to yourself."

on some level, i understand what she's saying -- but i also know that if you live and die with your team in this sort of situation, the joy and rapture you feel when things go the right way make it all worth while. if you don't go all in, if you remove yourself from the moment emotionally, you just don't get the same pay-off. basically, it's a "better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all" paradigm.

wow. face-off can't come soon enough.

on some level, i understand what she's saying -- but i also know that if you live and die with your team in this sort of situation, the joy and rapture you feel when things go the right way make it all worth while. if you don't go all in, if you remove yourself from the moment emotionally, you just don't get the same pay-off. basically, it's a "better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all" paradigm.

Yes sir. I believe the key is to have a speedy recovery in the event of a negative situation. After game 6, it made for a sh**Ty holiday. However, I found myself waking up with new perspective, and less sting. I can live with the 10/10 pain for one day if I can let it go move on the days following.

But when we win, I'm basking in it for as long as I can.

The more I read here and on other news websites about the game the more anxious/nervous/excited I'm getting for it to be 7:42 already.

Hopefully I can calm myself before the game so I don't get too high or low tonight.

7:42 start

Rick Martin installs the Will to rip the game winner into Gerbe

7:42!

what he said.

the one thing i would share is this: my wife asked me some time after game 6, "so ... looking forward to watching game 7?" my response indicated the mix of excitement-thrill-terror-dread that i will be feeling -- that this feeling is all-consuming and is more endured rather than "enjoyed" in a simplistic way. she shook her head and just said, "i just don't get why you do that to yourself."

wow. face-off can't come soon enough.

Outstanding.

For the first time in this series, I have no feeling or hunch on how this game will go...and I am loving every minute of it. There are so many things playing into this game....all the talk, the hits, the goals, blown leads....it all comes down to tonight.

Nothing beats a game 7. Nothing.

what he said.

Jeez, you pulled my heart and my mind out and spilled them both out onto this thread. The second part in red is what I have the toughest time with. When we went up, 3-0, the other night, I said to my wife: "This is a dream first period." She cautioned me not to get ahead of myself. Deep down, in the gut, I knew there was no relaxing and the seeds of doubt were surely there. Thank goodness we held on for the OT win, because a loss simply would have affirmed my pre-conditioned thinking that the roof will cave in at any minute with my Buffalo sports teams, no matter how good things appear to be at the moment. You know: "They're going to find a way to eff it up," kind of thinking.

But, you are absolutely right. Screw my fears of another loss and and end to our playoff run. I am going into tonight with confidence and abandon, just like the team. AND WE"RE GOING TO PULL THIS MOTHER OUT!!!

Wow.

BTW, obviously no one on the team is wearing #7, but there are 2 guys whose jersey #s add up to 7 -- Grier and Butler.

There are also the guys wearing the mustache and mutton chops to consider.

Rico, I hope you have a great view of the game.

Go Sabres.

Last night I had to go look for something up in the attic and as I was rifling through boxes I came across the Rick Martin commemorative coin they gave out during the the 30th anniversary season. It's still in it's cardboard packaging. I'll have it in my pocket tonight. Let's Go Buffalo!

Add up all the forwards playing numbers: 22-19+63+28+42+25-55+36+8+20-29+9+21+26 = 197

Defense and goalies: 34+17+3+4-27+57-44+6+30+1 = 81 8-1=7

:o

Damn, chz. That's impressive. Downright savant-like.

GO SABRES!!!

Archived