GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Posters:

Give money to charity today.

Help someone carry something.

Call your mom.

Exercise while wearing Sabres clothing.

Conduct yourselves honorably in all things.

The team needs us.

All I want is everything you got.

http://youtu.be/vwpTj_Z9v-c

"Great moments are born from great opportunity. And thats what you have here tonight boys, thats what you've earned here tonight. One game, if we played them ten time they might win nine. But not this game, not tonight. Tonight we skate with them, tonight we stay with them, tonight we shut them down because we can. Tonight we are the greatest hockey team in the world. You born to be hockey players, every one of you. You were meant to be here tonight, this is your time. Their time is done, it's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great team the [flyers]have, screw em. This is your time. Now, go out there and take it."

ps. why does the embed feature from you tube never work?

Edit: It the youtu.be instead of youtube.com...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwpTj_Z9v-c

-thxs mod.admin team I will check it from now on! LETS GO BUFFALO!

This game really could go either way. All I know is:

1. If the Sabres lose and Stafford doesn't produce, I'm not interested in giving him a $4MM+ contract this summer.

2. I know the Sabres have acquitted themselves well in this series even if they lose, but still -- I'll be deeply disappointed if they do.

3. Relying on Roy to be a difference-maker tomorrow night is crazy. He hasn't played for 4 months, and he was terrible in the playoffs last year when he was healthy.

4. Briere has been the best player in this series.

5. Philly is too good on both the forecheck and converting opportunities for the Sabres to try to nurse a lead for an entire period or 2. It might work, but it's a low-percentage game.

6. I had a routine in place involving exercise while wearing a Sabres shirt that coincided with game 4 and game 5 wins. I broke it yesterday due to the holiday (family obligations and traveling) and they lost. Time to recapture that mojo.

7. Although I am feeling pretty gloomy, there is still a reasonably good chance of a win tomorrow night. And if they do it, it will be one of the all-time glorious wins in team history.

Let's go, Buffalo!

#1 - I'm not ready to hand Stafford that kind of money (especially long term) regardless if he finally shows up tonight.

#4 - I kind of think that James Van Riemsdyk has been the best in the series.

#6 - Continue with the routine!

Play Hecht if he is ready. Roy ,even at 100% ,he will be useless against a physical team like Philly.He will disappear after the first hit.(olease make me eat my words Mr Roy) At 50% it will be gut wrenching to watch him. It is not worth the risk to play him in this game. He is far too valuable intact in the off season. (do you think the brain trust will realize that you win playoff series with centers that can play effectively in a physical game) Hecht is much more durable at this stage. If Roy plays, please keep him away from the Vanek line. Let him center for Mr. Invisible (21).

For those posters here who have obviously watched all of the games and missed the hockey being played. Tim has played more than a respectable role in this series.A gutsy performence on his part given his limitations(He was a great hockey player before he was mortally wounded with head injuries and traded to the Sabres.)

. Richards, Hartnell, Pronger or Danny Boy will send him back to the dressing room before the end of the first period with another cheap shot. (21).

Disagree..they will put him back there with a legit shot targeting injured area..as Sabres should do with Pronger..clean legal hit aimed at his hand..nothing wrong there

Play Hecht. Roy ,even at 100% ,he will be useless against a physical team like Philly.He will disappear after the first hit. Richards, Hartnell, Pronger or Danny Boy will send him back to the dressing room before the end of the first period with another cheap shot. At 50% it will be gut wrenching to watch him. It is not worth the risk to play him in this game. He is far too valuable intact in the off season. (do you think the brain trust will realize that you win playoff series with centers that can play effectively in physical game) Hecht is much more durable at this stage. If Roy plays, please keep him away from the Vanek line. Let him center for Mr. Invisible (21).

For those posters here who have obviously watched all of the games and missed the hockey being played. Tim has played more than a respectable role in this series.(and i am not a big Tim fan)

Danny's gonna cheap shot him? Really? I thought Roy wore 9, not 8.

While I don't expect much from Roy if the Sabres make it to the Verizon Center, I think he'll play well today. I'm hoping we see Jochen as well. I expect we'll see that as well.

The Sabres have been a strong road team most season (they got better there before they got good at home), we need 1 more.

Disagree..they will put him back there with a legit shot targeting injured area..as Sabres should do with Pronger..clean legal hit aimed at his hand..nothing wrong there

Like the boarding to TIM, the multiple elbows to Kals head, or the cross checks to the back of Vans neck by Pronger,how about the slew footing in front of the net on the Sabres pp, how about the go sit down for the series slash on 57 just above the gloves... I do not have a problem with that kind of a game, it is a style of play, but you need a team that knows how and when to return the agression when necessary. This team is not built for that and it is a weakness. The point is 1. Richards is a great player. He knew exactly what he was doing. He was taking down the Sabres PK and PP another notch. Which will be one big critical key in tonights game.

Play Hecht. Roy ,even at 100% ,he will be useless against a physical team like Philly.He will disappear after the first hit.(olease make me eat my words Mr Roy) At 50% it will be gut wrenching to watch him. It is not worth the risk to play him in this game. He is far too valuable intact in the off season. (do you think the brain trust will realize that you win playoff series with centers that can play effectively in a physical game) Hecht is much more durable at this stage. If Roy plays, please keep him away from the Vanek line. Let him center for Mr. Invisible (21). For those posters here who have obviously watched all of the games and missed the hockey being played. Tim has played more than a respectable role in this series.A gutsy performence on his part given his limitations(He was a great hockey player before he was mortally wounded with head injuries and traded to the Sabres.)

chz needs to wake up and find out whos actually playing...

Derek Roy

“I put it a lot of hard work and it’s a credit to the coaching staff and the trainers and everybody that helped me along the way. It’s been a tough road, four months, and I’m back, ready to go. It’s going to feel good… We’re waiting for the right moment and this work has paid off. I came in every morning – first in, last out – so it’s been a long road but it’s been a good journey.These guys worked hard to get to the playoffs all season long and I’m not going to let them down with my work ethic. I’m going to go out there and work just as hard, if not harder, than everybody else.

That's all I needed to hear from him to be sure he comes out and plays hard. The culture in the locker room has changed, being lazy is no longer acceptable.

Derek Roy

“I put it a lot of hard work and it’s a credit to the coaching staff and the trainers and everybody that helped me along the way. It’s been a tough road, four months, and I’m back, ready to go. It’s going to feel good… We’re waiting for the right moment and this work has paid off. I came in every morning – first in, last out – so it’s been a long road but it’s been a good journey.These guys worked hard to get to the playoffs all season long and I’m not going to let them down with my work ethic. I’m going to go out there and work just as hard, if not harder, than everybody else.

That's all I needed to hear from him to be sure he comes out and plays hard. The culture in the locker room has changed, being lazy is no longer acceptable.

Now i feel better . This statement wipes the taste of the Boston series two years ago out of my mouth,not. (I hope he scores seven, but my gut after watching him against physical teams tells me no,he will disappear.Lets see if he means what he said) The point was if both are ready, play Hecht, don't risk Roy.

Like the boarding to TIM, the multiple elbows to Kals head, or the cross checks to the back of Vans neck by Pronger,how about the slew footing in front of the net on the Sabres pp, how about the go sit down for the series slash on 57 just above the gloves... I do not have a problem with that kind of a game, it is a style of play, but you need a team that knows how and when to return the agression when necessary. This team is not built for that and it is a weakness. The point is 1. Richards is a great player. He knew exactly what he was doing. He was taking down the Sabres PK and PP another notch. Which will be one big critical key in tonights game.

guess what I meant to say is that tonight I think yuu will see them target Roy if he plays, and I am guessing a bunch of their hits will be low, specifically at the quad area. I think they will be legal hits all. Just as I want to see the Sabres attack pronger legally and focus their hits to pinning his hand agasnt the glass or wall, or a little flick of the stick towards his hand when he has the puck. I see nothing wrong with targeting a guys injury, as long as its legal.

Flyers have that attitude, think the Sabres are getting there

Now i feel better . This statement wipes the taste of the Boston series two years ago out of my mouth,not. (I hope he scores seven, but my gut after watching him against physical teams tells me no,he will disappear.Lets see if he means what he said) The point was if both are ready, play Hecht, don't risk Roy.

Roy's got 17 pts in 23 career games vs Philly. Vanek's got 18 in 23. Ennis 3 in 5, Gerbe 4 in 4. Not sure where ur going here.

If both are ready you play both. Its game 7. You play every single person you got.

Roy's got 17 pts in 23 career games vs Philly. Vanek's got 18 in 23. Ennis 3 in 5, Gerbe 4 in 4. Not sure where ur going here.

thank you thats the type of thing i mean. Roy will help and hes saying the right things so put him with boyes and ennis and lets end this.

Remember how Roy started the season? While the rest of the Sabres were still in preseason mode, he came out and lit the lamp five times in the first five games.

I'm expecting some exuberance out of #9 tonight.

A win in this series, against a team with the sort of talent Philly trots out night after night, will be epic.

Go get 'em, guys.

Derek Roy

ROY can win back a lot a Sabres fans tonight with a strong effort, just showing up for this game, when he could of easily sat it out says to me that maybe he has changed and will work hard and be more about the team. He was having a very good season up till his injury and I think that was due to him being more dedicated. Even if he doesn't get on the score sheet (he'll have at least 1 point) he will draw extra attention from the Cryers defense hopefully opening up other players. Like him or not ROY has the ability to be a game changer and I'm glad that he'll be in the line up tonight. GO SABRES :clapping:

Playoff series?????????????????????????????????????Playoff stats??????????????????Different game spndnchz..different game.

I hope you guys are right. I really do... BUT

Playoff series?????????????????????????????????????Playoff stats??????????????????Different game spndnchz..different game.

I hope you guys are right. I really do... BUT

but what exactly and do not bring up the boston series because thats a "different game" and a different year and a different roy

Archived