GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:30pm

I'm starting this baby a day early, but I think we can all manage to look at it for a few extra hours. It'll either be a history filled GDT, or the last one till October. If you can't handle it, get out the kitchen, we on a mission!

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!

This game all comes down to, can the Sabres handle the Flyer forecheck. When the puck is in the Buffalo end, philly is relentless. They need to play smart defensively and that's the only way they are going to win. I don't care if its another 1-0 Sabres victory. They did it before, they can do it again.

No Connolly, no Pommenville, no Sekera and who knows what Roy has. I know Philly has some injuries too but they have a TON of offensive talent to replace them. Certainly the Sabres have a shot at taking a one game series but I just don't think they have a chance at the Cup this year. If Pommer and Connolly were both healthy and we were getting Roy and Hecht back, I did not see any reason they could not make a run at getting to the Cup.

I guess I am just trying to brace myself in case they lose Game 7. That building was ready to explode yesterday and it just sucks that moment was ripped away...Here is to an absolute war tomorrow and Roy giving the pass to Boyes to win it in OT.

Please win this in philly and then we can all wattch the fans hearts being ripped out of their damn chests. What about the hit richards had on connolly? It's a bunch of BS, First he gets the elbow on kaleta and then this S***. GO out and get them, LET'S GO BUFFALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

No Connolly, no Pommenville, no Sekera and who knows what Roy has. I know Philly has some injuries too but they have a TON of offensive talent to replace them. Certainly the Sabres have a shot at taking a one game series but I just don't think they have a chance at the Cup this year. If Pommer and Connolly were both healthy and we were getting Roy and Hecht back, I did not see any reason they could not make a run at getting to the Cup.

I guess I am just trying to brace myself in case they lose Game 7. That building was ready to explode yesterday and it just sucks that moment was ripped away...Here is to an absolute war tomorrow and Roy giving the pass to Boyes to win it in OT.

The Flyers are just the better team. Seriously, they're rotating three back-up goalies and taking us to Game 7. That's unreal. Nobody should lose a playoff series to a team that has had to pull their goalie in THREE games and has had three different goalies start games (and not for injuries).

Plus the Sabres have no killer instinct. We let up after a 2-0 lead and after a 3-1 lead yesterday, after blowing a 3-0 lead on Friday. Is anyone worse at holding a lead than us?

The only good news I can think of is that we *might* have a center with some scoring ability for the first time since December with Roy coming back. I don't think Connolly or Gaustad is ever going to score a playoff goal again, and their passes are usually way off the mark as well.

The Flyers are just the better team. Seriously, they're rotating three back-up goalies and taking us to Game 7. That's unreal. Nobody should lose a playoff series to a team that has had to pull their goalie in THREE games and has had three different goalies start games (and not for injuries).

Plus the Sabres have no killer instinct. We let up after a 2-0 lead and after a 3-1 lead yesterday, after blowing a 3-0 lead on Friday. Is anyone worse at holding a lead than us?

The only good news I can think of is that we *might* have a center with some scoring ability for the first time since December with Roy coming back. I don't think Connolly or Gaustad is ever going to score a playoff goal again, and their passes are usually way off the mark as well.

Gotta agree. If we win game 7 we will have stolen this series. Not saying it can't happen but with everything that has gone our way we shouldn't even be in a game 7.

PTR

Does anyone have any idea how many hard practices Roy has under his belt going into tomorrow night? My heart says he'll score an Ovechtrick, my mind tells me he just can't be that effective in this type of game his first game back.

My other thought is that while it's nice to have some gritty veteran leadership going into a game seven on the road, I have a hunch it'll be our young guys who step up. Specifically Ennis and Gerbe. These guys seem to like crunch time.

GO SABRES!!!

Gotta agree. If we win game 7 we will have stolen this series. Not saying it can't happen but with everything that has gone our way we shouldn't even be in a game 7.

PTR

I only want to win Game 7 because I think it would help our young players A TON moving forward. I want guys like Myers, Gerbe, Ennis, Weber, etc. to get more playoff experience and a first round victory under their belts. A lot of our best players are still years away from their prime.

I'd also like it to reward guys like Miller and Vanek who are doing everything they can to win this series.

Any news on the Richards hit on TC? Is the NHL even going to look at it? Anyone else have thoughts on it?

My call: Sabres win 5-3 (Goals by Ennis (2), Roy, Gragnani, and Vanek (EN))...

Not surprising Richards wasn't available for comments after the game last night. Cryers don't want him saying anything stupid.

NHL says no suspension BTW.

Any news on the Richards hit on TC? Is the NHL even going to look at it? Anyone else have thoughts...

The NHL will probably name him their 1st star this weekend nominate him for the lady bing. You can't expect this league of good ol boys to actually do anything about it.

TSN said no suspension....

Of course.

If the NHL had any sense of fairness, wouldn't they give him a 1-game suspension just to even things out. We don't have our player for Game 7, why should they?

Not to mention the NHL's supposed concern with headshots, which comes and goes like the tide on the beach. <_< <_< <_<

I only want to win Game 7 because I think it would help our young players A TON moving forward. I want guys like Myers, Gerbe, Ennis, Weber, etc. to get more playoff experience and a first round victory under their belts. A lot of our best players are still years away from their prime.

I'd also like it to reward guys like Miller and Vanek who are doing everything they can to win this series.

I agree, a win in game 7 would go a long way in building up the confidence of the younger players.

Danny Briere is a pain in the ass :wallbash:

TSN said no suspension....

I really don't like this. I haven't watched the hit again since yesterday, but to me, Richards is the only person in this series truly getting away with murder (SEE Kaleta/Elbow, Connolly/Boards).

Both hits are suspect, and to me, the boarding call should have been more because at the time, it looked intentional.

I know I put my bet on a 5-3 win, but i'd love to see the Sabres just absolutely ANNIHILATE the Flyers in Philly. It would make it oh so much sweeter.

how I see/hope the games goes:

Our defense tightens up around the net. The Flyers are setting up camp near the net and are ready for the lucky bounces to come their way.

We backcheck batter.

Stafford has a big game.

We stay out of the box.

Miller, who has not been letting in any softies, continues his good play.

Good defense + Solid Miller + good game from Stafford = a win.

Go Sabs.

One-game series. Simple as that. While the Flyers may have shown that they have the better skaters, neither side has proven that it's the better team (all 20 players and the coach.) Given even odds, yeah, I'd bet on the Flyers, but I wouldn't bet more than I could afford to lose. One game can go so many ways.

One-game series. Simple as that. While the Flyers have shown that they have the better skaters, neither side has proven that it's the better team (all 20 players and the coach.) Given even odds, yeah, I'd bet on the Flyers, but I wouldn't bet more than I could afford to lose. One game can go so many ways.

The series has been like a heavy weight boxing match...last man standing wins...

Lets get ready to rumble!!!

We can officially says MUST WIN.

And we can say:

Do or die

There's no tomorrow

It's Katy bar the door time

Bottom of the ninth, two out

The fat lady is warming up

And my all time favorite:

Sweet are the uses of adversity.

But not everybody likes Shakespeare.

GO SABRES!!!

The Flyers are clearly superior with their skaters. It's not even close and the lopsided amount of time they spend controlling play in our end is the result. But the Sabres are vastly superior in goal and it's the only reason this series has gone 7, and anything can happen in a game 7. I like the fact it's in Philly, with the added pressure from the rowdy crowd that will turn on their shaky netminders when they let in more softies.

The Flyers are clearly superior with their skaters. It's not even close and the lopsided amount of time they spend controlling play in our end is the result. But the Sabres are vastly superior in goal and it's the only reason this series has gone 7, and anything can happen in a game 7. I like the fact it's in Philly, with the added pressure from the rowdy crowd that will turn on their shaky netminders when they let in more softies.

Normally I would like this as well, but the Flyers seem to do alright when one of their goalies flames out and gets pulled out of the game. They've already won TWO games this way this series and sent another to OT.

I also don't think they'll get rattled if they get down 2 or 3 goals. They've proven over and over again that they can come back against us.

I'm not sure how we win this one. I don't trust the Sabres to hold a lead and I don't trust them to stay calm if they're down a goal late (look how they went to pieces with a five minute powerplay earlier in the series). Maybe we break a tie game late in the third period like in Game 1?

Archived