If stats or previous games mean anything then this is what I'm thinking:

Game 1: Shutout

Game 2: bunch of goals, lost

Game 3: bunch of goals, lost

Game 4: Shutout

Game 5: bunch of goals, won

Game 6: bunch of goals, lost

Game 7: ???

I like what the previous 6 games are point toward in game 7.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), they don't mean anything.

I mean, my avatar is 1 and 1. Do I change it before the game tomorrow, or keep it?

This game is entirely up to the Sabres and the Flyers, and which team wants it more. "Want" is a loaded term. Essentially Sabres fans need to have faith the team can win it. I believe they are fully capable of winning game 7.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that the Flyers came into this series a (2) seed and the Sabres a (7). We should be thankful there even is a game 7.

That being said, I hope a lot of us are going to be eating our words come tomorrow night.

That being so, the Sabres also came in as the hottest team in the East. Really gets the blood pumpin when you think of it that way.

I told my buddy earlier that I would be more disappointed losing this season that last year because this year is almost too storybook (Improbable turn around, Rookie contributions comparable to '05-'06, New owner, return of French Connection, and the thought of winning it all for Rico). I know it's asking a lot, but these guys have sparked a belief in Buffalo that hasn't had the feeling of a fire since '05-'06. (my buddy also responded to me that I needed to get so excited...)

Idk, I have high expectations, but at the same time, I am very happy with how far we got this year given the start.

Here's to Believing! :beer:

This game is entirely up to the Sabres and the Flyers, and which team wants it more. "Want" is a loaded term. Essentially Sabres fans need to have faith the team can win it. I believe they are fully capable of winning game 7.

I agree 100%. The Sabres have beaten the Flyers 5 out of 8 times since last month, including 3 out of 4 in Philly, so it's not like they should be intimidated by the other team. The big question is whether their defense can limit the turnovers and the Flyers' chances to a reasonable number. If they leave Miller out to dry they will lose. If they can play a reasonable defensive game in their own end, I think it's a toss-up.

My biggest fear right now is Philly scoring early and shattering any kind of mental fortitude the Sabres have left.

On the other hand it might be exactly what the Sabres need. They've always been a better comeback team, in my opinion.

On the other hand it might be exactly what the Sabres need. They've always been a better comeback team, in my opinion.

Not a bad way to look at it, but I can't imagine how bad I'll be freaking out all game if Philly scores say, a minute into the game. The next 59 i'll be sitting there knowing at any moment Philly could score another and virtually end the series... we'll see, but has Buffalo came back from down 2 goals at all this series?

This just in, per WGR: "After Game 6 Lindy Ruff said Derek Roy would replace the injured Tim Connolly in the lineup. On Monday Ruff said, "I don't even know if he's playing yet, so I don't know what to expect." When told he already said Roy is playing the coach responded, "I was hopeful, but I don't know we'll see."

http://wgr550.com/Sabres-Ruff-backtracks-on-Roy/9696216

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), they don't mean anything.

I mean, my avatar is 1 and 1. Do I change it before the game tomorrow, or keep it?

KEEP IT!!!

This just in, per WGR: "After Game 6 Lindy Ruff said Derek Roy would replace the injured Tim Connolly in the lineup. On Monday Ruff said, "I don't even know if he's playing yet, so I don't know what to expect." When told he already said Roy is playing the coach responded, "I was hopeful, but I don't know we'll see."

Gamesmanship.

They need to focus on two different things that, if executed, they will definitely win. First, cut down the rebounds and give aways in the defensive zone. Almost all of their goals this series, or at least in the last few games, have been off the carelessness of our defenders rather than Miller playing poorly. Miller will stop the direct shots, avoid giving them any rebounds (like in games 1 and 4) and Miller will stop everyting. And Secondly,no matter what happens, continue to get shots. We saw yesterday when Gerbe scored that anything can happen when you throw the puck at Philly goaltenders. Get those two things done and continue to stay out of the penalty box and we'll be perfectly fine.

No Roy means we get blown out of the water. Let's hope Ruff is just messing around here.

No Roy means we get blown out of the water. Let's hope Ruff is just messing around here.

I don't think Roy will play. Maybe he really is ready, but I am skeptical. Even if he is, to bring him back in Game7 after a 4 month rest and underlying injury...not the brightest decision for long term. Lindy won't trust his conditioning to begin with. If something were to happen to Roy's leg....

I would bet against him playing, but I have no idea on this.

I don't think Roy will play. Maybe he really is ready, but I am skeptical. Even if he is, to bring him back in Game7 after a 4 month rest and underlying injury...not the brightest decision for long term. Lindy won't trust his conditioning to begin with. If something were to happen to Roy's leg....

I would bet against him playing, but I have no idea on this.

I agree with this..i just do not get the upside of his playing in the quaterfinals, with Washington up next, and risk that recovery one iota. I want a win as bad as anybody, but i want a Cup next year.

Does anyone happen to know if Versus is going to pick up the game like they did on Friday? I'm a little worried with both the Rangers-Caps and Phoenix-Detroit series being done that our game will get blacked out from MSG again.

Does anyone happen to know if Versus is going to pick up the game like they did on Friday? I'm a little worried with both the Rangers-Caps and Phoenix-Detroit series being done that our game will get blacked out from MSG again.

I believe Versus is now carrying the game so MSG will be blakced out on CI unless your in sabres home area

Archived