GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Playoff series?????????????????????????????????????Playoff stats??????????????????Different game spndnchz..different game.

I hope you guys are right. I really do... BUT

23 CAREER games...that includes playoffs.

Either way. I think Roy brings it tonight. He's like Ricky Bobby's kids: All hyped up on...well not Mt Dew, but still

I believe...do you?

but what exactly and do not bring up the boston series because thats a "different game" and a different year and a different roy

You are beginning to sound like Jim Baker of Jim and Tammy Fae Baker fame. ("I have made mistakes but i have found god again") Like i said i hope all of your faith is rewarded. I hope his line scores seven.

Which #48 do you wear during games - white, orange, or black?

I'm not going to sully this day with internecine bickering. I'm all in for the Sabres, as I know you and all others here are. Just follow my instructions in my prior post about things to do today.

It's a fine day to beat Philly.

I hope our boys beat the Flyers on my 41st birthday tonight. :)

Happy birthday! Hope it's a memorable one.

but what exactly and do not bring up the boston series because thats a "different game" and a different year and a different roy

Boston was a BIG BIG playoff series .The biggest series of that year. The key word being playoff.. playoff series, playoff stats. No Vanek.....What are Roy's playoff stats to date? They are the only thing that matters this time of year. Throw out the regular season. How does a guy play in the BIG post season games. I have to go now and light some candles.

I'm not going to sully this day with internecine bickering. I'm all in for the Sabres, as I know you and all others here are. Just follow my instructions in my prior post about things to do today.

And major Scrabble points for laying down "internecine" :lol:

Playoff series?????????????????????????????????????Playoff stats??????????????????Different game spndnchz..different game.

I hope you guys are right. I really do... BUT

Goal & pair of assists in series clinching game last time these 2 played. Grier did alright that day too - goal and a playmaker patch.

Good on the not sullying this day because, i am busy right now fighting an internecine battle.

It is a fine day to beat Philly. ;)

23 CAREER games...that includes playoffs.

Either way. I think Roy brings it tonight. He's like Ricky Bobby's kids: All hyped up on...well not Mt Dew, but still

I believe...do you?

23 REGULAR SEASON career games vs Filly. That does NOT include playoffs.

23 REGULAR SEASON career games vs Filly. That does NOT include playoffs.

She had said career, not regular season career...those two words are kind of key... :oops:

At any rate, you've provided us with the stats from the last time these teams faced each other in the post season, so that makes up for it B-)

You are beginning to sound like Jim Baker of Jim and Tammy Fae Baker fame. ("I have made mistakes but i have found god again") Like i said i hope all of your faith is rewarded. I hope his line scores seven.

Boston was a BIG BIG playoff series .The biggest series of that year. The key word being playoff.. playoff series, playoff stats. No Vanek.....What are Roy's playoff stats to date? They are the only thing that matters this time of year. Throw out the regular season. How does a guy play in the BIG post season games. I have to go now and light some candles.

Boston was the sabres biggest and only playoff series of that year. And your own logic is against you. If the regular season does not matter than surely last years pre pegula playoff tragedy is irrelevant. So basically we have a sample of only 6 games to judge Roy because I wouldnt count the 05-07 playoffs. My faith will be rewarded and you can go to hell for comparing me to those bible banging :censored: you arrogant S.O.B.

Vanek - 5 goals; 0 Assists

Briere - 5 goals; 0 Assists

But hey - it's all about productivity when it suits your argument. "Briere is the most productive player in the playoffs since the lockout!" Go Danny! <_>

So, let's all tip our hats to the little guy in orange and sing "The Way We Were"... you know you want to.

Oh and BTW, while you are rocking the orange #48 - you might want to take a look at #21 in orange. Briere hasn't even been the best player on his own team, let alone both teams.

As for me, I'll be cheering #26 and noting his 5 goals to my fellow fans, not the punk crouching behind the net.

Boston was the sabres biggest and only playoff series of that year. And your own logic is against you. If the regular season does not matter than surely last years pre pegula playoff tragedy is irrelevant. So basically we have a sample of only 6 games to judge Roy because I wouldnt count the 05-07 playoffs. My faith will be rewarded and you can go to hell for comparing me to those bible banging :censored: you arrogant S.O.B.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I hope he is tonights hero for your sake, but his past performence in the post season,using a very small sample size, does not permit me to conclude that he will be anything other than a guy who disappears when keyed on and banged. There is only one person that can change that. FYI it was not my intenetion to demean you.

sincerely

Jim Baker

Not big into numerology but just can't get past this being an opportunity [edit: for this 7th seed] to win a Game 7 on the road for the 1st time in team history and in the team's 7th game 7 ever against the team that kept #7 from winning the Stanley Cup in the 7th week since his passing.

Hopefully the lucky 7's continue at least this time.

Not big into numerology but just can't get past this being an opportunity to win a Game 7 on the road for the 1st time in team history and in the team's 7th game 7 ever against the team that kept #7 from winning the Stanley Cup in the 7th week since his passing.

Wow...you really can't overlook that! 7 goals tonight? :ph34r:

Don't forget we're the 7th seed...

This is heavy Doc...

There's that word again; "heavy". Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the earth's gravitational pull?

I said the other night when it went 3-2 that the first team to 5 is going to win. Turned out right but for the wrong team. Hopefully we can get on top of them and stay on top for once. I'm tired of this back and forth game they are playing. After being one of the better 2nd period teams in the league they have proven that exact opposite so far.

Empty your tanks, leave it all on the ice. If they play 60 full minutes of non-stop puck pounding action and lose, I will be satisfied that they at least threw everything they had left at them.

Not big into numerology but just can't get past this being an opportunity to win a Game 7 on the road for the 1st time in team history and in the team's 7th game 7 ever against the team that kept #7 from winning the Stanley Cup in the 7th week since his passing.

If they go out and score 7 goals to win the game, I'm seriously going to feel a little scared.

Archived