GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Maimonidies in Ft. Hamilton

I'm down to my last bottle of Simon Pure.

OK....since we're being supersticious......both of these are horses currently at stud.

Simon Pure's daddy is.....Silver Deputy....who is also Maimonides mamma's daddy.....while his father is Vindication.

Ryan Miller pitches a shutout tonight.

In case you were wondering, Simon Pure's momma's daddy is Cox's Ridge. Given Miller's eyes....I wouldn't be shocked to hear he is off-center down low as well.

Enjoy the game.....I'm out.

Well somewhere in this thread someone said that this is where reputations are made. We need the kiddies to step up and not try to think too much, nice crisp passes out of the defensive zone to an open forward that is NOT going to dump and gun. The key to this game is our puck possession! LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!

Grier and Leopold are game-time decisions. If Leopold plays, and he is expected to, Montador will sit for Sekera.

Don't like sitting Monty for Sekera. Monty has stabilized his play since a poor performance in games 1-3, Sekera was flat-out brutal in game 2. Hope I'm wrong.

OK....since we're being supersticious......both of these are horses currently at stud.

Simon Pure's daddy is.....Silver Deputy....who is also Maimonides mamma's daddy.....while his father is Vindication.

Ryan Miller pitches a shutout tonight.

In case you were wondering, Simon Pure's momma's daddy is Cox's Ridge. Given Miller's eyes....I wouldn't be shocked to hear he is off-center down low as well.

Enjoy the game.....I'm out.

Okay :unsure: :lol:

I keep seeing that the line combos have boyes on the fourth line and I dont get that. Put him with vanek on the whatever line it is and be done with it. I love that Roy is not being reunited with van, smart coaching move.

It seems the flyers media thinks derek roy will not be able to assist us much do to his hurried return to the ice... time will tell.

Chris Pronger when he starts crosschecking and hacking at ppl in front of the net seriously should get a good stiff body check to that hand of his... I like how the flyers seem to have a plan to "target" and "injure" the sabres because they dont have the balls to beat us fair and square.

Powerplay points will determine this game. We need to be at 50% or better so that they think "damn, if i crosscheck roy I am going to cost us a goal..."

This team is resilient but a win tonight would be an upset and we all know it. No matter the outcome I feel as though this playoff run was leaps and bounds better than that boston fiasco last year.

The flyers are not going to advance far even if they do win. They have the worst goaltending in the playoffs. Ryan Miller needs to be in the zone tonight and forget about whatever Mike Richards is doing. A strong start by our veteran goalie could help to ease some nerves that some guys might be having going in.

I look to Roy, Ennis, and Gerbe to be fantastic tonight. Not because they are the smallest players but ones our best center and the other two have more heart than scream movies have sequels. All and all its going to be a hard fought tough game to win and I just hope that the Sabres realize that they have worked hard to have this moment so do not let it go.

- LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!!! -

I can see Roy bouncing around the locker room right now in his jock strap getting everyone fired up like a lunatic!!! Who is the motivational speaker tonight?

Gerbe: Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog! :ph34r:

I promise to head to my little bar to mix myself up a tasty gin and tonic if the Sabres powerplay appears to be struggling. Last time I did that, they scored just as the PP ended and I missed seeing the goal - but was very happy to watch the replay.

I also cleaned the pool down here in Florida prior to the last overtime win, which I dutifully did again tonight when I got home from the office. I did NOT clean the pool on Easter Sunday, but I sha'n't make that mistake again.

Trying to do my part. :-)

Can a moderator pleeeeease delete any references in this thread to how we would be happy with the season even with a loss today? I wonder if Herb Brooks or Vince Lombardi began their speeches with, "Well guys, even if we lose tonight, it's been a fun ride." :censored: NO!!!

There's an entire off-season to look back at this season in the past tense - I'm ready for a win tonight and at least two more weeks of this stuff.

Archived