GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Thanks everyone, but we haven't even left for the Hospital yet. It could be any minute though. I'll get my text updates from WGR550 and watch it later on DVR while she's sleeping. I ran the name Neidermayer by the wife, she wasn't that keen on it. My parents met at a Sabres game in 1980, so I understand the importance of this team, but nobody in a Brooklyn Hospital would understand this, so I had better just clear my mind until its all over. STRESS!!!

Thanks everyone, but we haven't even left for the Hospital yet. It could be any minute though. I'll get my text updates from WGR550 and watch it later on DVR while she's sleeping. I ran the name Neidermayer by the wife, she wasn't that keen on it. My parents met at a Sabres game in 1980, so I understand the importance of this team, but nobody in a Brooklyn Hospital would understand this, so I had better just clear my mind until its all over. STRESS!!!

Which hospital? My daughter was born at Methodist on 7th Ave. I agree that there weren't many Sabres fans around.

This is right for so many reasons...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRUdaWZ4FN0

I'm looking at it this way: Either tonight goes down as one of the most memorable wins in team history, or it's just another disappointing first round exit and won't be any more memorable or important than last year's playoffs.

Pretty good risk-reward scenario even if the cards are stacked against us.

...won't be any more memorable or important than last year's playoffs.

c'maaaan...win or lose, this series has already been 10 times better than last year. did anyone actually expect them to beat the bruins last year? i had zero confidence, but plenty of hope. that hope was dashed by the end of game two, which is a feeling i can admit i've never had before while watching the sabres in the playoffs. tonight, i not only have hope, but plenty of confidence that buffalo puts up 6+ goals in a rout.

the only good thing about last year's debacle was that vanek seems to have come into this year's second season with a hunger i've rarely seen in him. they learned (well, most of them have) what it takes to succeed in the playoffs, and for the most part, are doing what it takes. that is important, and only bodes well for the future of the franchise with a young "core."

Kaleta report to be not even in Philly.

In other news: I think I'm having an anxiety attack. Not sure if I can watch.

I also get to where I can't watch. I go outside and walk around the yard hiding my eyes. When Drury scored with 7.7 seconds to go I almost killed myself running back into the house.

...sigh...nothing more stressful than a game 7.

c'maaaan...win or lose, this series has already been 10 times better than last year. did anyone actually expect them to beat the bruins last year? i had zero confidence, but plenty of hope. that hope was dashed by the end of game two, which is a feeling i can admit i've never had before while watching the sabres in the playoffs. tonight, i not only have hope, but plenty of confidence that buffalo puts up 6+ goals in a rout.

the only good thing about last year's debacle was that vanek seems to have come into this year's second season with a hunger i've rarely seen in him. they learned (well, most of them have) what it takes to succeed in the playoffs, and for the most part, are doing what it takes. that is important, and only bodes well for the future of the franchise with a young "core."

You know I was at the 2nd game last year and remember feeling the exact same way. Win or lose tonight, especially after we all sat here in December "knowing" they wouldn't be in the playoffs, I can't complain. They have been in all these games in this series so far. LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!

Archived