GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

My wife is going into labor with our first child. I don't think I will be watching much of this game tonight! Go Sabres!

Dude, first child labor usually takes a butt load of time. I would call the hospital right now and demand that Versus be on in them there birthing rooms...time that potossin (sp) stuff right, either do it early or after the game...none during the game

BTW CONGRATS!!! :thumbsup: :clapping: :beer: Way more important than some silly game(well not really but that is the PC thing to say)

BTW, I am taking one for the team this evening and not drinking the good beer i have in the fridge, but going to the Blue. ARGHH I hate Blue, but the boys seem to win when I drink it,and seeing as how we called it Sabre Juice growing up...

My wife is going into labor with our first child. I don't think I will be watching much of this game tonight! Go Sabres!

Does she not know its game 7? You can miss a child being born, people always have videos of that type of stuff. The kids head is going to pop through, your gonna feel queezy and then you are going to have something that you are now responsible for the next 18+ years! How many chances are you going to have to watch game 7's against the Flyers? You get one chance. Have another kid and be there for that one, it will be the same thing and you have the rest of your life to be there for the child. And if you bring them up right, they would resent the fact that you missed such an epic game!

lol, just kidding, good luck, maybe the kid will be good and pop out in time to join you to watch the game!

Dude, first child labor usually takes a butt load of time. I would call the hospital right now and demand that Versus be on in them there birthing rooms...time that potossin (sp) stuff right, either do it early or after the game...none during the game

BTW CONGRATS!!! :thumbsup: :clapping: :beer: Way more important than some silly game(well not really but that is the PC thing to say)

BTW, I am taking one for the team this evening and not drinking the good beer i have in the fridge, but going to the Blue. ARGHH I hate Blue, but the boys seem to win when I drink it,and seeing as how we called it Sabre Juice growing up...

Same for me but only when I drink Genny Light.

Last night I had to go look for something up in the attic and as I was rifling through boxes I came across the Rick Martin commemorative coin they gave out during the the 30th anniversary season. It's still in it's cardboard packaging. I'll have it in my pocket tonight. Let's Go Buffalo!

Man-cave? IIRC, you watched game 4 outside in the rain and they won...

If you add up that sentence in scrabble values, you end up with 85. I grabbed the nearest book to where I was sitting, and on page 8 the 5th word was "muttonchops". Tonight is in the bag for sure.

I've been trying to ignore the 7 superstition all day but this is just too much. My car, for which I have the sabres license plate in my avatar, has been in the shop since last monday. When I picked up the car today, the invoice amount that I would have paid if it wasnt under warranty was $707.77.

MAG's multiply to 7 (1*7)

He also leads the team in playoff scoring with 7 points.

From a faraway place, the big winger gathered in the pass from the electrifying center, wound up the wooden Koho and blasted his team past their hated rivals...

And the wind whispers, "Rico."

Good luck TT and best wishes to your wife and baby Rico.

I'm going dry tonight. I had been drinking Blue for the games too, but after game 6 it's time to change things up. No beer tonight during the game, but I do have a bottle of Pliny the Elder to crack open when they win! :thumbsup:

I'm going dry tonight. I had been drinking Blue for the games too, but after game 6 it's time to change things up. No beer tonight during the game, but I do have a bottle of Pliny the Elder to crack open when they win! :thumbsup:

Win or lose, you will be drinking that later.

Or to hurry up so you can get out and home before puck drop.

Congrats!!! And god willing everything goes smoothly.

My daughter was born Monday January 10th. On Friday of that week I spoke to my daughter through my wife's stomach and said "Daddy needs you to make it through the playoffs this weekend sweetie and hopefully the national championship game too...just hang tight"

On 4 PM during the Eagles/Packers game my wife began having contractions. My daughter was then born at 5 PM on Monday night. By kickoff of the National Championship my daughter was sleeping, my wife was sleeping and I was sitting in the crappy hospital recliner watching the game.

I wish you the best with the birth of a happy and healthy baby! Congratulations. I also hope that you are able to see at least some parts of the game.

Man-cave? IIRC, you watched game 4 outside in the rain and they won...

I have watched all games at the man cave on the outside TV. I also have a larger TV inside the cave and I'm struggling on where to watch tonight. They are 3-3 with me watching outside. I'll probably start inside and move outside if circumstances call for it. Also, if you look at the picture of the cave in my profile you will see a Sabres "banner" hanging from the cave. However, that is not any old Sabres banner but the old awning from the Aud that the visiting teams would enter and exit the ice underneath. Do not ask how it came into my possession, but I only bring it out for special games. It was last brought out at the tailgate for the Sabres-Hurricanes game in April and it will be out again tonight.

If that kid has any sense, he'll stay inside where it's safe and warm until about 10:30 tonight!

Good luck :)

I have watched all games at the man cave on the outside TV. I also have a larger TV inside the cave and I'm struggling on where to watch tonight. They are 3-3 with me watching outside. I'll probably start inside and move outside if circumstances call for it. Also, if you look at the picture of the cave in my profile you will see a Sabres "banner" hanging from the cave. However, that is not any old Sabres banner but the old awning from the Aud that the visiting teams would enter and exit the ice underneath. Do not ask how it came into my possession, but I only bring it out for special games. It was last brought out at the tailgate for the Sabres-Hurricanes game in April and it will be out again tonight.

Awesome.

Congratulations!!!

Are you still in Brooklyn? You need to do several things immediately.

First - find a hospital that carries versus. Second - find an OB who serves that hospital who was born and raised in Buffalo.

If you can't do either of those things, pile her in the car now and drive her a$$ back to Buffalo.

A good OB will decide when that child is born, not a fetus who doesn't yet know better.

My wife went into labor in October of 1999 on a Saturday evening. We checked into the hospital on Sunday morning. Once she got the epidural it was smooth sailing. The Bills were playing the Steelers that day. The OB went to UB Med School and was a Bills fan. He would come in during commercial breaks and half time to check on my wife's progress. When the game was over, my wife was ready to deliver and my first son was born. I think that was the last time the Bills beat the Steelers.

Oh, and don't forget to ask the OB for a courtesy stitch! :thumbsup:

my change up tonight is leaving my home and going to Buffalo Brothers to watch the game hope the damn storms stay away but at least a fall back will be the GR app on the iPhone. Just hope old foreskumbag isnt doing the PBP tonight I might break something

Congratulations!!!

Are you still in Brooklyn? You need to do several things immediately.

First - find a hospital that carries versus. Second - find an OB who serves that hospital who was born and raised in Buffalo.

If you can't do either of those things, pile her in the car now and drive her a$$ back to Buffalo.

A good OB will decide when that child is born, not a fetus who doesn't yet know better.

My wife went into labor in October of 1999 on a Saturday evening. We checked into the hospital on Sunday morning. Once she got the epidural it was smooth sailing. The Bills were playing the Steelers that day. The OB went to UB Med School and was a Bills fan. He would come in during commercial breaks and half time to check on my wife's progress. When the game was over, my wife was ready to deliver and my first son was born. I think that was the last time the Bills beat the Steelers.

Oh, and don't forget to ask the OB for a courtesy stitch! :thumbsup:

:worthy:

From a faraway place, the big winger gathered in the pass from the electrifying center, wound up the wooden Koho Victoriaville and blasted his team past their hated rivals...

And the wind whispers, "Rico."

Good luck TT and best wishes to your wife and baby Rico.

Fixed that for you. Didn't all the French Connection guys use Victoriaville sticks?

And Rico is an excellent name for a bouncing baby boy! Not so good for a girl, though.

Archived