GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Need some advice people: Do I call in sick to work to watch the game? I will hate myself if i watch it and they lose.

Listen on the radio. DVR it at home. Go out and buy a slingbox hook it up, test it, watch it at work.

All are acceptable. You don't miss a game 7.

Need some advice people: Do I call in sick to work to watch the game? I will hate myself if i watch it and they lose.

YES you absolutely call in sick tonight and everyother night you have to work while the Sabres are in the playoffs.

If you work nights than you may have missed a game already this series. What's your record in games watched versus worked through. Whichever is higher you do!!

Here's my question, will the Sabres play a defense first strategy or instead go all guns blazing on a forecheck and attack the Flyer zone? The defense first strategy won them two games but I think in a Game 7 you just go for it all and put the pressure on the Flyer defense.

Here's my question, will the Sabres play a defense first strategy or instead go all guns blazing on a forecheck and attack the Flyer zone? The defense first strategy won them two games but I think in a Game 7 you just go for it all and put the pressure on the Flyer defense.

I can see both teams playing a really tight boring game of hockey today in hopes of a 1-0, 2-1 win. If we come out guns blazing we need to play that way all game.

Here are the lines at this mornings skate (shudder)(source Harrington):

Gerbe-Gaustad-Mancari

Ennis-Roy-Stafford

Vanek-Niedermayer-Hecht

Ellis-McCormick-Boyes

I'm not sure how much pressure they get on the Flyers defense. My guess is they will have to play sit back and spring when they see they have numbers.

Philly will try to spred the corners of the ice to open up the middle.

Philly has every advantage with skaters here..........but ....it doesn't matter.

Anything can happen in one game.

I was thinking (hoping): Do the Sabres have enough young guys on this team that the full weight of a game 7 doesn't weigh on them as much as it might for guys who have been around the block a few times? You know, the youthful "Let's go out there and have fun" vs. "Oh, sh___. I can't make a mistake or it may cost us and who knows when we'll be back?"

It'd be nice if Gerbe, Ennis, Myers, MAG, Weber... don't know any better and will just let loose tonight!

Gerbe-Gaustad-Mancari

Ennis-Roy-Stafford

Vanek-Niedermayer-Hecht

Ellis-McCormick-Boyes

I'm not sure how much pressure they get on the Flyers defense. My guess is they will have to play sit back and spring when they see they have numbers.

Philly has every advantage with skaters here..........but ....it doesn't matter.

Man I'd rather see Boyes with TV and Nieds. But hey I am not the coach! LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!

I was thinking (hoping): Do the Sabres have enough young guys on this team that the full weight of a game 7 doesn't weigh on them as much as it might for guys who have been around the block a few times? You know, the youthful "Let's go out there and have fun" vs. "Oh, sh___. I can't make a mistake or it may cost us and who knows when we'll be back?"

It'd be nice if Gerbe, Ennis, Myers, MAG, Weber... don't know any better and will just let loose tonight!

We are going to need the defense to score IMO. I think Ruff lets the D carry the puck through the middle all game....best chance to win IMO.

We are going to need the defense to score IMO. I think Ruff lets the D carry the puck through the middle all game....best chance to win IMO.

So Myers gets to show his skating, stick handling abilities? I'd love to see him or MAG's go end to end lighting the lamp and silencing the cryers crying crowd!!!! LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!

Gerbe-Gaustad-Mancari

Ennis-Roy-Stafford

Vanek-Niedermayer-Hecht

Ellis-McCormick-Boyes

That's exactly right, in a Game 7 anything can happen. Let's just hope that tonight is our night and the Flyers become the Cryers.

I wish I had that faith right now I am nervous as heck

Me too, I've been asking my boss for things to do to keep me occupied til I leave. He said he was doing the same cuz if he just sat around he would just be thinking about the game.

EDIT:

Just read this on WGR. Link

Gaustad was centering a line with Gerbe and Mancari and Roy was between Ennis and Stafford. Jochen Hecht skated with Vanek and Niedermayer. Paul said that the fourth line was "mixed up" and contained Tyler Myers.

I can only imagine the trouble he could cause down low in the offensive zone. Hell, we've seen him do it before.

One-game series. Simple as that. While the Flyers may have shown that they have the better skaters, neither side has proven that it's the better team (all 20 players and the coach.) Given even odds, yeah, I'd bet on the Flyers, but I wouldn't bet more than I could afford to lose. One game can go so many ways.

I'm feeling uncharacteristically calm.

For me most of this series is talked out....and the game has to be played.

Gut check time.

Game 7....

It's what hockey fans live for. As long as the Sabres lay it all out there, I'll live with the results. Let's go Buffalo.

Wow all that took awhile to read through. I highlighted the things I could have said and absolutely agree with.

My favorite team right now is in a game 7 with a chance to advance. Someone said it in the thread, "Here is where reputations can be made or lost".

I am really hoping this team can play loose and have fun with it the way Lindy has been telling them, do that and I think all will be well.

How wild and potentially unexpected would it be to see them do an about face and go full ice press with dmen jumping into rushes for all 3 periods.

Let's go Buff'a'lo and get this show started.

My wife is going into labor with our first child. I don't think I will be watching much of this game tonight! Go Sabres!

don't name that kid until you know who scores the game winner.

Just think, you have the chance to name the little one:

Marc-Andre Tyrannustyrannus

Gerbe Tyrannustyrannus

Maybe

Neidermayer Tyrannustyrannus

but nicest of all would be

Tyler Tyrannustyrannus

Good luck, brother. Hope all goes well. :thumbsup:

So much for the easy going, calm feeling I felt this morning. I think I just partially crapped my pants envisioning Buffalo getting the OT winner and the reaction at the Buffalo Sports Garden...

You sharted?

Archived