New goal song (old White thread)

PASabreFan

Well.. I think the version that Jeremy pushed for is a bit lame.

I'm not totally sold.. but if I were to pick a version I might choose the cover by Skyclad which is at least better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuyejg0OvFo

omg thats better I listened to the first one 6 times and wanted to get a thousand men with swords to stab those idiots to death that was bad.... this version is better but i am still not sold.

omg thats better I listened to the first one 6 times and wanted to get a thousand men with swords to stab those idiots to death that was bad.... this version is better but i am still not sold.

The hoohrah, hoohrah phrase could work.............

Now, that's just funny right there.

"Ladies and gentlemen... to open the show... please welcome the extraordinarily talented... Rob Ray!"

What's RJ's comment they always play on WGR - Ray without a shirt as per usual.

Not sure if this was posted before, but this is the version of Sabre Dance that will be the new Intro to Sabre television broadcasts. It's a modern spin on the traditional (Khachaturian) version of Sabre Dance...

MY GOD IS SHE TALENTED. I want her. Er...her song.

If someone re-wrote this - it has all of the "Chelsea Dagger" type elements. A chant, a poppy, yet slightly annoying beat... Just put more of an edge on it.

"A Buffalo Love Affair..."

Isn't Cannibal Corpse from Buffalo?! :thumbsup:

... down here in Nashville they play a song by Tim McGraw ("I like it, I love it, I want some more of it...") that he re-recorded with changed lyrics for use after Preds goals. It'd be cool the get a local band like the Goo Goo Dolls to record a special version of something just for use at the games.

At least a couple members of Cannibal Corpse are from the gritty streets of Orchard Park.

Something more lighthearted would be the end of "Screwdriver" by The White Stripes

http://splicd.com/_kTmnmBEpZQ/175/191 Before that part, its the line "I gotta little feelin' goin' now" repeated over and over for 20 seconds, with the line "then you got to drive it home, with a screwdriver" coming before those....could be construed as a goal

What do you think of using this one?

Clawfinger - Biggest and the Best

Edit it up a bit around 2:08 and I can see the whole arena gettin into it.

Btw just cuz a song happens to be about drinking and swords, doesn't automatically make it the best choice for a new goal song. Swords of a Thousand Men is pretty awful if you ask me. Makes us sound like a crappy british soccer team and in no way pumps you up.

The idea of individual music for goal scorers would be incredibly hard to pull off. They'd have to have it cued and ready to go the second the puck goes in the net. Then what happens if it's one of those crazy deflections where you have no idea who scored? When the scoring of the goal is changed 10 minutes later, do they then go and play the other guy's music just to even things out?

No.. not in vegas. But appropriate to this thread.. 'Johny Vegas' was the name of my old band.

If you really were one of the members of Johny Vegas (and I'm not doubting you, as that would be a really obscure lie), then I have to tell you that I am a big fan of your music. My friends and I saw many of your shows at Nietzsche's in the mid-to-late 90s and you guys were awesome. The music was fantastic and you always felt like you got a real show for your money. I still have all your albums on my iPod. For anyone who isn't familiar with their music, you should check out JV.

I'm looking forward to hearing your proposal for a new Sabres song. It should come from someone with a local connection. Let us all know when it is ready for a listen.

that celt-rock "hoorah" song wasn't bad -- i just don't think it'd fly, in the end.

How about

if they just jumped in with that "yahhhhhhh" yelling-ish part, that would work for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-wEBmLht5g

as the description of this posting of the vid aptly states, "if you don't cry watching this, you are dead inside."

In all honesty, I don't think this group is deserving of a battle cry. I've seen them battle maybe 20 games over the past 5 years.

It's all so forced.

If you want tradition.....you develop tradition by earning it.

Like I said....this is an on the downlow, gay anthem. The stage names of the band are Pole, Long, Dick, Bob. I'm not making this stuff up.

Maybe they haven't battled because they haven't heard their battle cry yet - and I agree, this anthem is flaming. Apropos, don't you think?

In all seriousness, this song sucks sweaty hog nuts. The fact that Jeremy White pulled this song out of oblivion tells us all we need to know about him.

A goal song would be great. One written by and for Buffalo would be awesome, but isn't a requirement. The battle of the bands idea in this thread is a good idea, but what if they all suck? do we have to listen to a song that sucks every time the sabres score for the rest of our lives just because they held a stupid contest?

Johnny Vegas - excited to hear what you've got!

And to SDS - you are just old enough to know (if you were paying any attention to the local music scene back then) that the Goo Goo Dolls started out as a hardcore punk band - some never forgave them for selling out.

We don't need any of that weak stuff in my opinion. We need some hard rock or heavy metal that starts off with a bad ass intro, since the intro is really all that's going to get played anyway. Something like Rainging Blood or Scrum by Slayer, Fight Song or Angel With the Scabbed Wings by Marilyn Manson, or Pantera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KsPZ1f7MDs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otaATKPTSsE

Archived