New goal song (old White thread)

PASabreFan

I think it'd be great for the Sabres to have their 'own' unique goal celebration song. The one the Hawks play is pretty campy but it works.

Not sold on the one Jeremy White proposed, but if it doesn't work I have faith that the Pegula crew will find one that does.

I'm still partial to the Kings. (For a goal celebration using some portion(s) of the piece from 2:40 through 3:12.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxkjvKBPQjo&feature=related

One of my all-time favorite songs. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well.. let me tell you. If indeed they play the Skyclad version then I guess I was the one responsible for letting WGR550 know of the version. Just as I posted it here. So yay? I tweeted to them after the show.

I guess we'll see how it goes. I'll be listening via the Internet as I am stuck at work tonight.

Any attempt at improvement is fine by me..

The Kings would be awesome to hear at the arena at any moment.

"This Beat.../ Switchin'..." is one of my all-time faves.

White's selection doesn't do anything for me.

White sealed his fate with me when he disrespected Rush.

I get it if people don't like their music, but give them their due.

Just blasphemy as far as I'm concerned.

The Kings would be awesome to hear at the arena at any moment.

"This Beat.../ Switchin'..." is one of my all-time faves.

White's selection doesn't do anything for me.

White sealed his fate with me when he disrespected Rush.

I get it if people don't like their music, but give them their due.

Just blasphemy as far as I'm concerned.

as a huge rush fan, i get that people probably don't like geddy's voice. it tends to be higher than just about any other male vocalist out there. but i've *never* understood harping on the musicianship. there are few bands that can stand with them as far as that goes, in my book.

as a huge rush fan, i get that people probably don't like geddy's voice. it tends to be higher than just about any other male vocalist out there. but i've *never* understood harping on the musicianship. there are few bands that can stand with them as far as that goes, in my book.

:worthy:

This should go in the "Songs you can't get out of your head" thread, but... how can you not love this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQEgZNqa8jE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeLQPBbZp3Q

The rock version of the Sabre Dance by Dave Edmunds.

the team has used this in the arena and on its broadcast in the past, i believe.

Congratulations F'rs

You push for a POS song.....you get no goals....

It's called, Hockey Gods

i still like the song ... but this sequence of events makes it feel jinxy.

Well that and Geddy now looks like a grandmother. Personally, I'd settle for a Peart drum solo played constantly over the course of an entire game.

I think if they only use a short clip of the hoo rah hoo rah hoo rah ay over the hills with the swords of a thousand men and then repeat it once and do this immediately after the goal and before RJ's replay call It is awesome.

I think if they only use a short clip of the hoo rah hoo rah hoo rah ay over the hills with the swords of a thousand men and then repeat it once and do this immediately after the goal and before RJ's replay call It is awesome.

Something like this...

http://wgr550.com/pages/9034669.php?pid=41008

I'll be interested to see how it goes over. Might have to give it some time to catch on.

Does anyone know how much it costs the arena in royalties each time they play a goal song? Or even all the interlude music?

inkman used to share some general insight on this issue. (wherefore art thou, ink?) it wasn't detailed licensing info, but he was good about surveying the music used by bigger-spending franchises (e.g., toronto) and noting how our in-arena music was clearly chock full of songs that were cheaper to license than the latest and greatest (e.g., the latest foo fighers versus classic stones).

inkman used to share some general insight on this issue. (wherefore art thou, ink?) it wasn't detailed licensing info, but he was good about surveying the music used by bigger-spending franchises (e.g., toronto) and noting how our in-arena music was clearly chock full of songs that were cheaper to license than the latest and greatest (e.g., the latest foo fighers versus classic stones).

And the sabredance must be in the public domain at this point. :thumbsup:

On two of the goals, I thought I heard boos immediately after it was played. If so, it has to go.

I rather hear the goal call from RJ. I bet the crowd was waiting for the call and that stupid song was played instead.

Archived